• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Raceworx Micra Blog

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
got the maifold fitted and also fixed the induction kitn properly! now all i need is the DTA for the engine to be finished!!

IMG00009.jpg

IMG00011.jpg

:D

H

Herr_spl1ff

Not stopped by for a while so had to catch up...
One word: Wow! :)

Impressive work mate, lots of shiny bits & as someone said, looks like it belongs. Hehe, the lost K11 special edition... :)

Look forward to seeing this beast up & running, but I'll have to move South if you're going to start naked driving round Sheffield!

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Ah, thought tht you had gotten some hex ones, I am looking for a set as I don't like the current phillips screws that i have at the moment.

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
bit off a delay since i last udated but thats because the last few bits are the most expencive... like 1 a month on my wage!! so this is what £900 gets you in terms of engine managment systems a full stand alone DTA ECU on to the pics!! :-
IMG00053.jpg

this removes the normal rotor with direct fore ignition :-
IMG00055.jpg

had to re-wire the normal throotle pot :-
IMG00060.jpg

the biggest thing is how do you mount a toothed crank wheel onto the SR20 pully?
IMG00064.jpg

you remove the Water pump and power stering bit of it!
IMG00065.jpg

IMG00067.jpg

allowing the wheel to sit like this (its going to be fixed as son as iv got the positions of the sensor sorted :-
IMG00068.jpg

IMG00069.jpg

i could put pictures of all the plug ends for the other sensors lol but im sure youve seen those before...
and to finish a few screen shots of the Softwhere :-
Real time info :-
RTD.jpg

dyno mapping screen:-
RTM.jpg

System check :-
ED.jpg

ignition and fuel maps (these are notmine just demo ones) :-
fuelmap.jpg

IGNM.jpg

bring on next month paycheque!!

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
well iv mounted it up now in place of the headunit the steel is abit messed up but it works.. means i can plug the laptop straight in rather than crawling around pluging wires in :)

IMG00001.jpg

IMG00002.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

IMG00006.jpg

just need to finish the switch mountt o cover the heater switch holes..

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
had to make another mount/braket and tap the inlet for the air temp sensor...

you can see that with the distributer eremoved theres a nice hole for oil to come out of so i needed o block this as we as mount my new spark box, so i thought why make two things when 1 can do both :) :-

IMG00078.jpg

IMG00079.jpg

IMG00081.jpg

IMG00082.jpg

IMG00075.jpg

just need the cash to buy some bolts to hold the ign box on!! lol

Allan

Ex. Club Member
Can somebody briefly summarise this project for me, including the SR20 part :)

Edit: Just had a read and seen this sr20 is something to do with a primera!

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
SR20 is the begining of the engine code for a range of nissan engines :)

SR = the code for the range of the engine
20 = size of the engine IE 2.0 there are 18 (1.8) 16 (1.6) versions aswell

the full code is an SR20DE

D= double overhead cams
E= electronic fuel delivery (injection)

the SR20DE engines can be found in the almera GTi primear GT, SRI, the sunny GTi..

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
yeah ECU is ready to be set up got 2 sensors to re-wire and the pully to mount then final checks for first turnover and iv been paid today!! so i can send the shafts off for re-manufacturing..

also im fairly happy as a freinds manifold arrived today :- made in the US if anyone nhas any freinds want to buld really mega power cars IE 8sec B16's then send them my e-mail
IMG00010.jpg

IMG00008.jpg

IMG00016.jpg

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
this is a low end manifold for street use for a pulsar.. not for there drag spec kits. just to clear any confusion

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Raceworx said:
not without driveshafts!! lol needs alot of mapping its all over the place

They would always help,lol. Could always get some people to push while you rev away and steer :D

Really like the progress your making with this and the car is really cool. Hopefully see it at a meet sometime.

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
had my brake now im back in it got a week off work to get things cracking..
fabed up my boxed de-cat.. if the police do a spot check and look under the car then it looks like theres a cat on it.. its 3" internal diameter so itll flow alright :D also order 3" pipe for a side exit ill fab that up next weekend when im back at college. anyway some pics :-
IMG00001.jpg

IMG00004.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

IMG00006.jpg

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
your going for side exit? how come..any reason or just a personal pref. id have thought you would want to keep it in the std location especially with how low your car is gonna be. surely it will be lower to the road on a side exit.

decat lok very nice indeed :)

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
its not realy that low.. im not having it as low as possible want ground clreaence and handeling really the centre of gravity is low anyway due to there being nothing of any significant mass above the centreline of the car anyway..

OP
OP
Raceworx

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
finished the internal wiring this morning :-

bf48d00e.jpg

a085ce6f.jpg

5856b0e1.jpg

this afternoon its back in the air hubs off to get new bearing and get the drive shafts off to send off tomorrow...