• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PROject PROfect

Phase one: To run more power one must have more grip.
So these were ordered and delivered.
1394062825862.jpg

1394062850393.jpg

1394062889877.jpg

1394062921395.jpg

Conservatory smells lovely now :) mmm fresh rubber...

How did you know!! green stuff pads to match my drilled and grooved disks that are still fine and then braided brake hoses...

Call me stupid but how would the handbrake work?
Not a daft question at all
2 ways one is the obvious cable on the caliper or an extra handbrake only caliper

Or the usual way, find a small rear drum setup.. why... 99% of lower market or even some upper market cars have drum shoes inside the disc and use the inside of the disc as a drum :) not many people know that and are usually surprised when they find out :p
Don't mean to litter your blog with my photos but look at thickness of the disc there's a drum brake in there somewhere :D
1394093104544.jpg

I knew they could fit inside the disks my college course did teach me something after all haha. I just dont know how id make it all fit to the rear hub without effecting the offset.
I might just go for a matt humphries rear disk conversion haha more expensive but dont blow my mind with science...
Litter all you like mate it helps me and anyone else that reads my blog.
Ill never pretend to know what im on about unless I know.
Lots of questions will be asked this year some handling... some turbo... and some engine related after all were all here to help where we can with each others projects wether its @frank or @pollyp with regard to turbos yourself @h701micra with ga injectors ect... and of course everyone else that can guide me on the choo choo express train :)
I take advice well! Afterall what do I know! Haha

Yay colleges do teach useful info :p

Aye we're all here to learn and share knowledge

A rear disc should sit on the normal rear hub with no issues and no affect to offset :)
The hard part is making a bracket for the caliper setup to sit on. After that its all simple stuff :)

Yay colleges do teach useful info :p

Aye we're all here to learn and share knowledge

A rear disc should sit on the normal rear hub with no issues and no affect to offset :)
The hard part is making a bracket for the caliper setup to sit on. After that its all simple stuff :)
They do indeed I was taught how to replace bushes in starters and alternators of course we were not told that scrapyards do exist and that its easier to chuck on another from there!
Ill have a look into this...
Ive started drawing up some diagrams will post pics of them when im done mostly connecting up a turbo... what order of parts etc
I think jae this year will be a learning curve as ill be not worried about mine and get to see how the guys have done it with my own eyes...

They do indeed I was taught how to replace bushes in starters and alternators of course we were not told that scrapyards do exist and that its easier to chuck on another from there!
Ill have a look into this...
Ive started drawing up some diagrams will post pics of them when im done mostly connecting up a turbo... what order of parts etc
I think jae this year will be a learning curve as ill be not worried about mine and get to see how the guys have done it with my own eyes...
pic,s or ban tom :D
here are some rear brake options, rimdisc or fakies :)

IMG_3699.JPG
3D-Brembo-Style-Fake-Carbon-Fiber-Disc-Brake-Caliper-Covers-4pcs-Front-Rear-New-fit-16.jpg
Fake Disc Brakes.jpg

Pics will be a plenty frank all in time ive made a list and plan on seeing the list through in order of importance/safety
Seriously no rear disks?

I guess my first question is what turbo am I looking for? Can anyone explain what and why a certain turbo would work best? T2 T4 etc as i'm clueless...

I guess my first question is what turbo am I looking for? Can anyone explain what and why a certain turbo would work best? T2 T4 etc as i'm clueless...
a smaller turbo will give a lot of lowdown punch tom, but will run out of puff at the topend
a big one will boost late, but give high hp :)
GT15 or KP35 small diesel or TD05 T28 big petrol jobbies :)

a smaller turbo will give a lot of lowdown punch tom, but will run out of puff at the topend
a big one will boost late, but give high hp :)
GT15 or KP35 small diesel or TD05 T28 big petrol jobbies :)
Its my daily I dont want to over do it id like to hit 130bhp so need a turbo that will do that at least, reliability is the key...

reliability will largely depend on what level of boost you run mate, the problem is that raising the boost is devilishly easy :D

reliability will largely depend on what level of boost you run mate, the problem is that raising the boost is devilishly easy :D
Ok then to START with 130bhp would be nice I guess to get that when she gets mapped the boost level will be whatever it takes to get there.

Attention all turbo micra owners can anyone just want a comparison...
What turbo what boost pressure bhp outcome?
I know all engines are different but just want a rough idea.

The way I see it Tom a slightly larger turbo will run cooler than a small hardworking turbo.
None of the turbos Frank mentioned are out if your engines capability to spool up. I think he said his td05 spooled up to 5 psi by 2000rpm. He'll have to confirm
Running cooler is more reliable and efficient in my opinion :)

The way I see it Tom a slightly larger turbo will run cooler than a small hardworking turbo.
None of the turbos Frank mentioned are out if your engines capability to spool up. I think he said his td05 spooled up to 5 psi by 2000rpm. He'll have to confirm
I guess having never driven a turbo car id not notice lag as much... cooler is better haha.

the TD05 was pretty laggy andy, on a 1.0 it would muster about 5psi at full chat :) the smaller turbo,s will boost from 2k tho

they have a ring of vanes that direct the exh flow onto the turbine tom, which gives a quick spool when they,re pointing inwards, and a higher flow at high rpm when they are relaxed
Sounds interesting presumably meaning low rpm faster spooling and then high bhp further up the rev range? Makes sence I guess :)

Ok the turbo list...
Correct me if im wrong :)
•Turbo
•Manifold
•Custom dump pipe.
•Turbo back exhaust.
•Oil feed to turbo lines
•Oil return to sump
•Modified sump
•GA16 throttle body
•GA16/SR20 injectors
•Upgraded fuel pump.
•Blow off valve.
•Boost gauge.
•Wideband O2 sensor.
•Front mount Intercooler
•Intake? Pod/Airbox...
•Relevant piping...stainless steel?
•Silicon hose for connections that cant be steel.
•Jubliee rings to secure.
•Non NATS ecu.
•Tune and dyno run.
Anything else?

Sounds interesting presumably meaning low rpm faster spooling and then high bhp further up the rev range? Makes sence I guess :)
yes you get a broader powerband tom, but they are ecu controlled on the diesels tho (via vacuum)
i would fit a lever on the dash if i tried one, so you can have it set to quick spool as a daily, and high flow for trackdays or hooning :D

yes you get a broader powerband tom, but they are ecu controlled on the diesels tho (via vacuum)
i would fit a lever on the dash if i tried one, so you can have it set to quick spool as a daily, and high flow for trackdays or hooning :D
Surely if these are ecu controlled someone could program one to work rather than a lever?

Decided that 2000+ miles is plenty enough for the bedding in of the rebuilt head... so with the tank full and a finish at work for 4am I took the back twisty roads home for some spirited driving :D which quickly turned into hooning the whole journey :cool:
VW Golf gti mk4...
Fiat Punto Arbarth...
Mercedes Sprinter...
Were my victims along the journey I love these little cars through the corners!!
Also feel sorry for the person(s) I woke dropping my car from 50mph into 3rd and setting there car alarms off (oops)
Going to bed feeling happy :)

On the mod/maintenance front has anyone used waxoil? Is it any good?
Dont really want to buy a shed load and find its rubbish.

Decided that 2000+ miles is plenty enough for the bedding in of the rebuilt head... so with the tank full and a finish at work for 4am I took the back twisty roads home for some spirited driving :D which quickly turned into hooning the whole journey :cool:
VW Golf gti mk4...
Fiat Punto Arbarth...
Mercedes Sprinter...
Were my victims along the journey I love these little cars through the corners!!
Also feel sorry for the person(s) I woke dropping my car from 50mph into 3rd and setting there car alarms off (oops)
Going to bed feeling happy :)

On the mod/maintenance front has anyone used waxoil? Is it any good?
Dont really want to buy a shed load and find its rubbish.

Blimmin hooligan!

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

We use waxoil at work a lot for brake lines it makes them last twice as longer with a good coating of that usually, as long as there not already rotted through :rolleyes:

Back