• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PROject PROfect

Gentlemen millie has a little idle issue come to a stop at traffic lights or parking and she sits at 1500 everytime then slowly settles to 900 until I come to stop again.
Any ideas?

This might just be me worrying about nothing but ever since my breakdown at jae ive always worried my car is running to hot... so for if anything a little piece of mind does this gauge look normal to everyone, I mean does it sit when everyone elses does?
1393523227558.jpg

Mine sits at this and then stays but always used to sit horizontal so was just concerned last thing I want is it over heating over a period of time.

Na. Flush her through and dont bloody over heat her. Keep a good eye on her temps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mine sits just above halfway and runs happiest there, drops to just below with heater on full whack but its not alot of difference

Cant really update this much as I forgot to take pictures...
Lots of mending things that have happened over winter.
Re fitted front splitter.
Cut front bumper mount so the fog sits correctly.
Re painted nodspeed strut brace.
Painted slam panel.
Re painted my horns.
Re routed induction kit no longer behind headlight its now round the left of the engine bay and cable tied to the front grill ram air style noticed loads more torque top end :)
Painted dash cluster pod black and jdm dash pod black again.
Cleaned up the exhaust manifold.
Managed to separate the micra rear dust covers from the old micra shocks ready to go on to the modified corsa shocks to hopefully stop this knocking I still have...
Gave her a wash and polish :) all in all a nice 2 days work :)

I have my doubts over ramair intakes. I don't think they do anything :)

Here's just one post.............

6481abc7a026ce5f8f1f894111468f37.png

at 60F and sea level:

P3BcS.jpg

Or, in short, "why I don't believe in ram air intakes."

Take 2 of these every 4 hours and try again :)

placebo.jpg

Not to put a downer on you or that I don't believe you... It's that I don't believe anyone.

Waiting for @Enuo for a mouth watering cocktail of diagrams and "HA PROOF" :D

Pressure is one side of it, air flow the other. Engine vacuum has to do less work drawing air in of it's already traveling into the engine at 60mph eh

Pressure is one side of it, air flow the other. Engine vacuum has to do less work drawing air in of it's already traveling into the engine at 60mph eh
This would explain improved throttle response and the feeling of more torque at 60mph+

@skymera they had this big fancy ram air system on the later model 4th gen Pontiac Trans/Am. (LS1 only I think) if the Americans did it it must be good.

I'll leave before you all throw rocks at me

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

New boots for the old girl ordered :)
Toyo T1R 195 45 15 lower profile than before cant wait! now heres the question...
I dont suppose any of you nice people with these tyres can post a pic of the side wall I might be thinking about tyre paint... just want to get a quick look myself before I buy the markers
Cheers fellas :)

Like that Tom?
Best photo I have unless @Enuo or your very fabulous @Clodo has any from JAE when we had a colouring session
1393927317009.jpg

Edit: mine are 195/50 but there aint much in it :)

Last edited:
New boots for the old girl ordered :)
Toyo T1R 195 45 15 lower profile than before cant wait! now heres the question...
I dont suppose any of you nice people with these tyres can post a pic of the side wall I might be thinking about tyre paint... just want to get a quick look myself before I buy the markers
Cheers fellas :)

Does this mean you'll let me loose with the tyre paint! ..... :D x

Could this be because of engine modifications? As mine sits the same as Toms.... x
Is that when stationary or when on the go? When stationary, its to do with what temp the rad fan kicks in, which can vary a little bit depending on the temp sensor as they won't all read EXACTLY the same...

Back