Not your usual 'how do I turbo my micra'

Hi guys. Having just completed my cga3de mini build inc Indiviual throttle bodies, etc. I have now turned my attention to turbo charging the original Micra I initially bought just for a engine.

It's a 99 facelift 5 door with 40k on the clock in Mint condition. I plan to keep it 100% standard, but with about 150bhp under the bonnet, Total sleeper.

Now mechanically I fully understand what's involved, am using a aftermarket Microsquirt Ecu inc a different throttle body, 36-1 Trigger wheel etc. Homemade log style manifold, GT1752 etc.

My question is around how do I go about removing the standard Ecu? What's about NATs, central locking, electronic speedo and Rev counter.

I know it can been done, but anybody had any really experience
Swapping out the factory Ecu?

Youll need to keep the nats key and ignition stuff. But the ecu and engine loom can be spliced into the dash loom.

Just plan it all out with your haynes.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Have you thought of using Nistune? It's a card added to the factory ECU so it requires no wiring changes, if I remember this is what Frank and pollyp use. It's not a piggyback offers timing and fuel maps and more I am not aware of.

Ed @ Fusion does them.

You can simply chop out the engine loom and leave it as is. Sounds redneck but can be tidied up.

Haven't got to worry about the NATS as you've a separate system to run the engine so it can't immobilise it.
As long as your megasquirt gets the usual ignition live etc to function from tge ignition barrel you're good to go
Or use fancy switches and do away with the barrel all together

Back