• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My "moddedmicra" K11 Super S Blog!

haha i'm on the wrong comp at the moment and the camera is in the car. going to wash both cars now so will take some better pics then.
Oh and i've also fitted a powdercoated yellow cam cover.

cool, look forward to seeing them mate

cam cover sounds nice mate, how much that cost? just in the process of polishing mine up with autosol and buffer,looks good but takes AGES!!

any ideas what your doing with performance these days?turbo/sr20?cheers

I bought the spax coilovers, nismo top mounts and steel top mount bearings.
The top mounts and the cam cover cost me 50quid to be powdercoated, and i've no idea yet on performance tbh. May go GA16 next year ;)

I bought the spax coilovers, nismo top mounts and steel top mount bearings.
The top mounts and the cam cover cost me 50quid to be powdercoated, and i've no idea yet on performance tbh. May go GA16 next year ;)

wouldnt bother with ga16 n/a ive raced ga16seepers from rolling,2nd gear pull,3rd gear pull,dead even at all times,seriuosly unless your doing a turbo or super charger conversion to it its not worth it.

where these coily pics mate,im itching!!

RIGHT!
Started by assembling the top mounts with nismo bushes (the top mounts have been modified with 10mm bolts welded in to make them locate better and be generally more hardcore!):
Coilys01.jpg

Coilys02.jpg

Coilys03.jpg

Coilys04.jpg

Test fit:
Coilys05.jpg

nope, still got about 2 inches on the front and a couple of cms on the rear and they have only done a couple of miles so far aswell so they ain't bedded in!

hmmmm will see what there like when you fully slam them to the max if you are???? im torn between these and D2's
as blakes was uba low!! :D

go for it mate!!!!!! even if its just for pic :D:D:D

pic of blakes ummmmmmm :p do you think the could be as low or even lower?

Attachments

• 5-PB250003.jpg
    5-PB250003.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 758
if your keeping the helper spring in then theres only about 2 inches left in those at the front, and tbh i wouldnt take the helper spring out either.

if your keeping the helper spring in then theres only about 2 inches left in those at the front, and tbh i wouldnt take the helper spring out either.

I say in my post jut above that i have about 2 inches in the front left.
Don't think i'll need any more than that in the front, not sure about the rear though ;)

go for it mate!!!!!! even if its just for pic :D:D:D

pic of blakes ummmmmmm :p do you think the could be as low or even lower?

blast from the past! mine went alot lower than this aswell, the back i removed the rear adjusters and it was super low martin,

looks nice modded missing my k11 alot now

Are the rear coilies fitted into stock shock towers and axle mounting points or have they been strengthened?

Yep they have been fitted into the stock shock towers. I may stengthen the bottom mount in the future, but Matt Humphris has advised that they will be fine as they are as long as there is no weight in the rear.

how do u have the rears as one unit? i thought the shock and spring had seperate mountings??

is this matts kit? did u buy p[arts seperate or did everything come as a package in the one box??

Coilovers do what they say in the name...they are a coil over the damper design lol
Yes this is the spax coilover kit from matt and I went there and got the lot and nismo bushes and steel top mount bearings so everything is new!

Well the ride is uncomfy at the moment to be honest, but i haven't barely looked at setting any of it up yet.

BUT the handling....oh man its amazing! Can't say enough, I almost steered into a hedge cause I wasn't used to it having NO understeer whatsoever!

Well the ride is uncomfy at the moment to be honest, but i haven't barely looked at setting any of it up yet.

BUT the handling....oh man its amazing! Can't say enough, I almost steered into a hedge cause I wasn't used to it having NO understeer whatsoever!

:laugh: now get ready to watch your fuel gauge drop :D

Already have mate! Thats why I have 2 micras lol The slex gets 45mpg and the super s gets...well lets not go there lol

modded i know this is a lot to ask, but would you do me a favor and take the helping springs out on the coilovers and drop it as low as you can within reason and take a cupple of pics, just so i can decide on what wheels to buy

I may do sometime, but i can't promise anything, I ain't going to on the front as that involves removing the top mounts etc which is a pain in the arse! But I was thinking of on the rears anyway ;)

modded i know this is a lot to ask, but would you do me a favor and take the helping springs out on the coilovers and drop it as low as you can within reason and take a cupple of pics, just so i can decide on what wheels to buy

That's a bit pointless to be honest because you simply wouldn't be able to run without the run-flats that are designed to keep the springs in place on full-droop. If you want to go lower you need shorter dampers.

run-flats? Matt Humphris said it would be okay to remove the helper springs...just a bit pointless for handling, which is why i would just do it for a show ;)

The run-flats should be fully compressed or very close to fully compressed in normal running, that's why they have a flat profile rather than a round profile.

I'm fairly sure that if you remove them and then wind up the adjusting collars to keep the springs in check on full-droop you'll find the ride height higher than with the run-flats, and the ride will suffer too.

nah doubt the ride will change tbh. and i wouldn't be running it with the collars up. they would be right down just for shows ;)

the whole point of me asking is because i want a set of wheels but there 13's if i carnt get coilovers to sit low enough im going to get 14's i was hopeing that by removeing the helping springs they would sit lower alowing me to have the 13's

also may i ask in what way is the handeling affected when removeing the helping spring?

Because the ride-height will be higher without the run-flats that makes your question a bit irrelevant.

Without the run-flats and adjusters wound right up for full-droop conditions the ride will be very crashy and harsh over bumps. With the adjusters down the springs will be loose on full droop, MOT failure and potentially quite dangerous.

Back