My MICRA project

so after going to the scrapyard this morning to remove the head so i can port polish and get it skimmed, how many thou is best to remove?
here is the engine minus the head at the scrapyard... it took quite a while to get it off as it was a lot of guesswork with what to undo etc etc...
image_zpsszx3b8ek.jpg

i never realised how good peugeot 207 roofs are lol... :D
image_zpsuo7ctdrc.jpg

the head is now on the bench and i have noted down the sizes of each port
image_zpsgb4ziu1k.jpg

image_zpsvp3fausy.jpg

im not sure if i should have done this but it seems to be okay, i have washed the head off with the hosepipe?
image_zpsofafskuz.jpg

started the port and polish :) inlet side
image_zpsmgxy04cd.jpg

I've now managed to get the head of my car, came off a lot quicker now i know what I'm doing!
image_zpsknxpkav6.jpg

the storage rack is also filling up quite quickly :|
image_zpss0zazbgm.jpg

she's looking in a sad way at the moment but its for the better and she will understand why i did so afterwards :) lol
image_zpsdg8wrjph.jpg

hope you guys and girls all enjoyed!

thats what I'm hoping :) also going to be getting a full exhaust system soon so that will help! @Huggy444 do you have any idea as to how much i should get skimmed off the head?
Also what colour shall i paint the head? :)

thats what I'm hoping :) also going to be getting a full exhaust system soon so that will help! @Huggy444 do you have any idea as to how much i should get skimmed off the head?
Also what colour shall i paint the head? :)

Tbh I can't remember exactly what people have had skimmed, so don't want to guess a number haha :p

Full system will be good, and just go for a high temperature silver for the head

okay i will have to do some research :);)
and yeah either silver or high temp gloss black as that won't show as much oil as silver if any leaks!

@infinity i think i may just leave skimming then and just stick to advancing the cams as been doing my research! :)
@Splyzer i had a look for a couple of your requirements i.e. spoiler and a splitter and although they had a few splitters most of them were broken as the tele handlers push them up a hill by the front of the bumper :(

ah no worries bud ill keep my eyes open :)

may I ask at the risk of sounding foolish why your doing this work to the head? us it for performance?

if i see anything ill give you a shout!
mate everyones got to learn just like i am! the reason why i am porting the engine is because basically manufactures often go for quantity over quality which basically means the airflow into the engine is not as good as it could be! so by porting the engine it reduces any turbulence caused by poor design features, if you were to just port an engine with no other mods you won't notice any difference but with other mods it will be more noticeable just like other mods!
http://www.enginelogics.com/cylinder-head-porting/ check either this link out or just google "porting"

@karlj jesus that tool is amazing had all the rods out in 45 mins! thank you so much for dropping it off :) just a quick question though, how do i remove the rod seals? i can't for the life of me figure it out?

so small update/ plee for help :p so the first pic is the spark plugs which i removed from the old head, these spark plugs are about 2 months old if that and i can't even drive yet! its literally from just moving it around on the drive! MMMMAAAAAADDDDD
CE46E999-965A-476F-A502-B8FED331E03A_zps6cbnxib8.jpg

so this is a pic of the head in brake cleaner (told by a garage to use) ready for some elbow grease!
A5D517BE-3DE7-4A87-91FC-00D169ACE138_zpsyezyxpzw.jpg

note piston 1 and 2 which i have already cleaned
F80F6DB8-033C-4011-A231-B18587D310DA_zpsnvbsv1rw.jpg

would you say the chain tensioner needs changing? don't think it does but worth checking :)
ABD7B67D-74F9-4B08-A39D-917070FA5BDB_zpsnorxfsiu.jpg

the cam springs and collets, all numbered to each valve :)
1B530828-1711-492F-973A-0A8CD1EAE781_zpsd2eexcj7.jpg

@karlj thank you soooo much mate
F02803D6-BDF9-4CD8-BC24-F25E2CECB0D1_zpss3xbzlxo.jpg

@infinity heres the cable tie clip things?
4003F1FA-0B68-4B8C-9BDF-478350F78F77_zpsos60rmve.jpg

queue the plee...
so i am cleaning the head but is there anything other methods or cleaning products to remove the carbon deposits? also whats best to clean the valve heads?

thanks guys hope you enjoyed :)

@karlj yeah thats what i used just twisted and pulled at the same time :) also used the magnetic end of a screwdriver to remove the collets lol!
do you need a k10 head gasket set at all? ordered the wrong one can have it free when you get the tool back? otherwise ill send it back?

used the magnetic end of a screwdriver to remove the collets lol!

do you need a k10 head gasket set at all? ordered the wrong one can have it free when you get the tool back? otherwise ill send it back?

Haha I never thought of that, I just used pliers

Nah, I'm not sticking with the ma :)

No idea what that cabletie is for mate but i think it could be to hold the cables routed under inlet manifold. And as for cleanin the valves pollyp used a razor blade and but the valves in a drill. A sort of improvised cleaning lathe haha

I know what there for mate just want to get some new ones? Dunno where to get them from? And yeah good idea!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back