My MICRA project

@Clodo thanks for the likes on the post but go to look at my alerts thinking i have got a reply but instead its just clodo liked your post in the thread :confused:hahaha only joking

so decided tonight that i was going to check for any rust as i want this micra to be long term :) i haven't checked from front doors back but so far removed wings front bumper and headlights, the progress so far...
image_zps2ni5ziam.jpg

so i think the car has had quite a big front smash as the wings are a different colour to the rest of the door and bolts are missing in things such as this front bumper bar
image_zps6jrlklpm.jpg

some dodgy welding to the n/s crossmemeber
image_zpssw2dw9r3.jpg

some more dodgy welding and lets hope i don't need towing as i don't think i will get too far with it looking like that so when i pass my test which is on 26th june will get work to fix it :)
image_zpsmtcdq1ru.jpg

so far so good as i think this is quite a sturdy little micra, lets just hope the rest of the car turns out okay!! :)

hi guys :) i was just wondering, I'm going to the scrapes tomorrow or sat and was wondering what things i can get of an almera/ primera as i have seen two mint all in tact! i.e.. air box (already have) throttle body etc...
also they're were at least two starlets so if i can get the turbo off anyone want it i will check all the barings before removal :)
anyone else want anything whilst I'm there?

hi @Splyzer the turbo is not just bolt on, it requires a lot of fabrication and welding! yes any turbo will fit on any car but the bigger the turbo the more likely the engine will blow etc etc! *insert better info here* i have no idea how much it would be worth if you want it and i can get one make me an offer?

All I see I only fancied the noise not all the work lol ill pass bud.

I only really need a lower front cross member, Splitter that easily fits and a spoiler maybe.

i will keep my eyes open then mate, can deffo get a lower cross member and possibly a splitter and spoiler depending on whats in :)

Hi mate looks like your enjoying yourself and she's looking good, I always think the journey through the project can be as enjoyable as the end product keep up the good work and please keep us updated with pics as well.

Thanks for sharing :D

Cheers
Andy :)

@Splyzer someone correct me if I'm wrong but i swear the lower cross member is welded in?
@Andy5077 cheers mate, hahaha yeah there is so many options with this car its crazy!!! the trouble is with that though is that you think you have the end product; you then look on here and see something else you like etc etc but yes i defiantly love working on her :)

Airbox off the 1.6 almera sounds nice and is better. Injectors not really useful without other mods and a tune. Fuel pump I think is no use the one off the gtr is the one to upgrade too but same think the stock Micra pump is good up to 130hp or something like that

so after work; payday and early finsh i decided that I'm going to mort my head :) so i bought myself a dremmel, not going to port my current head though going to get mother one from the scrapyard tomorrow pending condition :) has anyone got anyu more advice as to porting because i swear porting the inlet will make no difference on this size of engine?

Throttle body would help at very high revs but with a tock exhaust and manifold your throttle body is not the bottleneck in the system. Also a bigger throttle body would need bigger injectors and adjustable fuel pressure regulator I think. Porting the head doesn't change engine size but it removes sharp restrictions between manifolds and ports and smoothens the flow making a more free flowing and efficient head. Some people also enlarge ports not too sure how much\if you would benefit from that. What you could do is drill the camshaft sprocket so its adjustable and adjust your timing. Look up cam overlap and cam timing on Google to understand what you can do and decide what you want

so i have decided that I'm going to port the head as i haver big plans for this lovely little car :) :eek::cool::);) so today i bought myself a dremel as i have always needed one but this is now an excuse to own one and WOW i needed it in my life a lot earlier! they are such good bits of kit and for £26 you can't go wrong :)
image_zpsy8jkwjsa.jpg

i am now in the process of removing the head but light stopped me dead :( but here it is so far :)...
image_zpsmpukovam.jpg

@frank i read a reply of yours somewhere about timing and noticed that you have advanced your sprockets by half on each side, i have attempted on a spare cam i had lying around but was just wondering what method you used and with what tools? my attempt... using a dremel?
image_zpsuieimzj6.jpg

hope you enjoyed yet another little update :)

@infintiy okay cool cheers for that pic! how effective do you find them? i.e notice a difference etc, also what keeps them from staying in the set position?

Sanded the face on the gears and the washers the bolts hold it fine been adjusted and abused for 14 months like that. Huge difference I advanced further than spec and low end was lovely haha only thing is I can't adjust ignition timing because its electronic you have a dizzy so you won't have that problem

oh okay cool, well once i have installed the new head along with gasket i will then get it running again and then drill the sprockets :) if i don't do it like that i will have to much going on and also its my first head removal but confident with the support of you guys :) i understand timing etc so should be okay. ah okay so i can adjust the timing even further! surely though it will make the car either sound lumpy or rev up with no acceleration in neutral?

No worries :) god I know that problem, I'm part time at the moment as I'm at college too. I've got 2 focus's and a 106 project on the go, a huge list of plans and not enough money to do it lol :p

@luke101 god I thought just the one project was bad enough! things can only get better anyway :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back