My MICRA project

I've been there looking for interior parts before, and people have left doors and boots open so the insides get wet and ruined :(

If it's just the clear plastic front part, then that can be replaced with the same part from any cluster. I have a non-tacho shield at home that fits a tacho cluster.

so i thought i would give this flipping driveshaft another hacking! still no luck :'( but i have a few pictures to show you. i think there is something stopping the driveshaft going all the way in as it won't lock?
image_zps8fhhzsu3.jpg

so this is where the driveshaft goes in, if you look at the very back of it theres is a horizontal bar thing is that supposed to be there if not how do i get rid of it?
image_zpsrcaalnql.jpg

not a very good picture but this is it pushed as far in as possible, but it seems like something is stopping it go a bit more?
image_zpsb0xuo4fi.jpg

this hole where my finger is, should this be there as this is where all the oil is leaking from?
please can someone help, I'm having one of those days where i just want to scrap it :( got my test booked for 26th june and just can't see car being drivable atm :(
cheers guys

so after another look today and a lot of tinkering i have finally got the driveshaft in completley so no more leaks, the reason why oil was pissing out everywhere is because when i fitted the new seals one of them came without the spring which sits in the middle of the seal so this caused the seal to be lose meaning it will leak!
image_zpsegomzibb.jpg

as you can see no spring.
thanks for all the hep guys :)

a couple of quite big aesthetic changes in this update
hope you enjoy :);)o_O
So i decided the other day that i wanted so HID's and because I'm such a regular in Motorworld which is a five min walk away i went in to see what they had, they had some 8000k ultra Hid's in a nice shiny box so i got them! they were supposed to be £129 but due to regularity got them for £106 :)
image_zpsppmnqckm.jpg

image_zpsbvvpwmyf.jpg

the only trouble is is that i can only get low or main beam not both so i need to order a relay of ebay :( but overall I'm extremely impressed with how bright they are!!
Now the biggest mod is the wheels, i haven't currently got the funds at the moment for alloys so i decided that i was going to scrip up the steelies :)
so this is them being painted...
image_zpse2hmujkr.jpg

image_zpsulnqlsdm.jpg
image_zpsdzu2jmpn.jpg

image_zpszewawbnc.jpg

so this is them painted... i hated them, they made the car look like the ultimate **** mobile!!! :confused::oops:o_O
image_zpswnpjbzw0.jpg

so i repeated the whole process and this is now the final product
image_zpsqc5h9z4u.jpg

I've gone for a black centre with a bluey greeny fleck to it which i think looks really good! i just think that i need more lows now :(
but until i can get me some alloys these will do :)
hope you enjoyed ;)

Last edited:
fitted cold air feed, think it will definitely scrape now :/
image_zpsowlydgsi.jpg

image_zpsjdqcaroo.jpg

about 6-8 inches off the ground :/
also if i were to buy front fogs would i need a new stalk? this is my stalk atm \/
image_zpszletopye.jpg

ah okay cheers @davyboy will have a look next weekend as i know someone who owns a scrapyard :) anyone wants anything just let me know can get it cheap! got an almera air box no piping free + £5 postage if anyone wants it?

fitted cold air feed, think it will definitely scrape now :/
image_zpsowlydgsi.jpg

image_zpsjdqcaroo.jpg

about 6-8 inches off the ground :/
also if i were to buy front fogs would i need a new stalk? this is my stalk atm \/
image_zpszletopye.jpg
That's not the right one for separate front fogs. This is what the correct one looks like if you want it OEM, which is what I did.

No not for front ones. Only if you wired it into the front fog circuit. Why not just get the correct one with the relay. It then becomes plug and play.

the air box you have is factory standard so will be restrictive of how much air gets into the engine whereas with the cone filter (induction kit) it means that there is no restriction to it what so ever, although with you air box it has a cold air feed (the pipes at the side of the air box) whereas with an induction kit you need to manually route a cold air feed because otherwise the cone is sucking in all the hot air from the engine bay, if you see my last update thats my cold air feed which i have routed down to the bottom of the bumper. hope this helps @Splyzer

Yeah I found them last night lol which come payday I plan to hopefully paint my nasty black bumpers white and hopefully restore cars paint work...If there's time and got enough spare cash ill be doing my steels too...hope you don't mind but I'm thinking of robbing your splitter idea too haha big fan of yours lol

@Splyzer just don't rush the bumpers and preparation is key! the amount of cars i see most weeks which the customer has bodged up :D yeah until i can afford some nice banded steels i thought i may as well spruce what I've got up! and yeah its not a problem I'm glad you like it :)

You said you know a scrapie owner so if you come across another spoiler or splitter let me know :) ill check my locals when I finally get a day off D:

going to check out some videos on YouTube for the headlight tinting...doesn't affect mot does it?

an unenclosed cone filter will inhale whatevers mostly around it (in this case alot of engine heat with a tiny bit of cold feed blown in, like trying to blow out a forest fire with ur breath).
the loose open pipe end also ain't fully utilising the higher pressure. remember that gasses flow from high pressure to low so engine bay flow is important.

to make the most of that high pressure cold feed you've just collected through the pipe, ur best off trying to enclose/shield the filter element & TB entry to keep heat out (either a box over the cone filter or stock airbox with enlarged inlet port) and then plumb the CAI pipe straight into the enclosure.
the sealed enclosure also allows the +ve pressure to slightly ram in, helps at high speed.

516l-jpg.26488

k750-77-jpg.31385

k550i-1584-jpg.29380

k550i-1580-jpg.29379

https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-7#post-412735

Those cams you found were from the 1.4 not a 1.3

The cg13de never came with coil on plug ignition, hence why your exhaust cam has no distributor drive.

Utterly unsure about the difference if any, the different inlet cam will make though.

Also you asked about the solid bar in the gearbox where the shafts go, that's the differential. It's supposed to look like that lol...

just a quick question regarding an engine swap? if i were to buy a 1.3 engine would i be able to have a non dizzy engine? i currently have a dizzy engine in the car? also what if the engine doesn't have power steering ( mine does)
cheers guys

just a quick question regarding an engine swap? if i were to buy a 1.3 engine would i be able to have a non dizzy engine? i currently have a dizzy engine in the car?also what if the engine doesn't have power steering ( mine does)
cheers guys

There isn't a coil pack 1.3, you'd be best sticking with dizzy otherwise you'd need to swap wiring loom, ecu all the nats stuff (massive ballache)

Engine has no bearing on pas, just remove your pulley and bolt to new engine if needed

Those cams you found were from the 1.4 not a 1.3

The cg13de never came with coil on plug ignition, hence why your exhaust cam has no distributor drive.

Utterly unsure about the difference if any, the different inlet cam will make though.

Also you asked about the solid bar in the gearbox where the shafts go, that's the differential. It's supposed to look like that lol...

ahh okay :/ got the inlet and outlet fitted anyway! made my own groove lol! but i don't think there is any difference in cam 1.3/1.4 i think i read somewhere else? quote me if I'm wrong! hahaha yeah i realised that i was just unsure and had tried everything i could think off accept from check the spring i the seal.

- This is going to be one big learning curve, but for the better :)

Back