My MICRA project

Hi guys
I have not long had a MICRA but since owning it I thought it could do with being spruced up so I have pics for you guys! Even though I am learning to drive ( test soon) I want to get it to my standards before taking her out on my maiden voyage! Hope you enjoy

IMG_1453_zps12ze1f9z.jpg

so my first ever micra i bought is on the left, but due to a death in the family i inherited the facelift one on the right, so i decided to sell the blue one and keep the red one even though they both have for sale signs in! ( thought i could get a bigger car but insurance chuckled at me :( )so swapped all of the good bits over to the red one.
IMG_1424_zpsnflmjjpx.jpg

IMG_1473_zpsb6yleycp.jpg

here she is after her first wash, polish and wax!
IMG_1422_zpsvfhjjhdl.jpg

IMG_1552_zpstwaffmnp.jpg

so for the short time i owned the blue micra i had bought a strut brace and painted the rocker cover red. i have now swapped them onto the red one! i also moved my sub and amp across and now its mounted firmly in the boot!
IMG_1492_zps0ouz0teu.jpg

The car had no mot and i knew it wouldn't pass until it had new driveshafts, it also had a massive rotten hole in the sill so i took it to the body shop where i work and got one of the panel beaters to repair it :) then got it MOT'd and it sailed through!!! :)
IMG_1502_zpshrarbkhf.jpg

IMG_1543_zpsmesg1eh0.jpg

IMG_1546_zpstoacwvec.jpg

i then decided to install a primera short shifter, what an absolute faff it was to fit this as your supposed to remove centre silence to gain access to the bottom of the shifter but this wasn't possible as the silencer bolts were rusted solid :( after spending a whole weekend on it i finally managed to swap them over :) i also cut my hands a couple of times where the ratchet slipped, lucky i have had tetanus jabs!
IMG_1547_zpsb8igmsik.jpg

IMG_1548_zpsesso4j8h.jpg

i then decided that the black trim needed sprucing, i wanted something permanent so out came the satin black and i masked round all the trim and painted :)
final product. i also got some cheeky pressed plates and painted the bonnet vent black instead of the tacky chrome too :)
IMG_1549_zpsvvagle7h.jpg

i can't remember which member i got the inspiration from but i decided that the front needed a splitter, so i bought a seat cupra r front splitter off ebay for £34.99, and i fitted it today
IMG_1568_zpso4yyo0t4.jpg

IMG_1570_zpsqdvrcqci.jpg

IMG_1573_zpsedaiuzn8.jpg

yet to fit it back on the car but here it is so far, held on with lots of self tacking screws and tiger seal :)
when i removed the front bumper i also decided to remove lights as I'm going to paint the insides black :) so going to do that tonight! i also had some wind deflectors arrive which I'm yet to fit! hope you like and stay tuned for the next update!!!

to buy
Banded steelies
LED rear lights
Tinted Windows
Rear splitter
plus lots of other things but can't remember atm :D

p.s. i have also lowered the car 35mm but have no pics :(

Last edited:
i have found out how to do it now and created myself a photo bucket account so will upload pics in correct oreder :)

Last edited:
some more updates
image_zpsbvkyalpz.jpg

image_zpslcexudu5.jpg

image_zpsgjlydbs0.jpg

so finally got the bumper back on with the splitter looking a bit speed bump hungry :/ will have to find out when i pass my test :)
image_zpsvzjqhgx7.jpg

so after taking bumper and headlights off and then re-installing this happened? not sure how? now on the look out for missing screws!
image_zpshgfabc5k.jpg

wind deflectors as stated earlier!
image_zps3aeejmox.jpg

and finally decided to tint front lights slightly to concur my saturday!
i also ordered an under body front strut off FK Automotive but have had an email to say out of stock and could take up to 2 weeks for delivery :(

i know theres one at the edge of the bumper either side just behind the wheel arch but yeah i can't think either? oh well will come across it soon I'm sure!

Hi guys
I have not long had a MICRA but since owning it I thought it could do with being spruced up so I have pics for you guys! Even though I am learning to drive ( test soon) I want to get it to my standards before taking her out on my maiden voyage! Hope you enjoy

IMG_1453_zps12ze1f9z.jpg

so my first ever micra i bought is on the left, but due to a death in the family i inherited the facelift one on the right, so i decided to sell the blue one and keep the red one even though they both have for sale signs in! ( thought i could get a bigger car but insurance chuckled at me :( )so swapped all of the good bits over to the red one.
IMG_1424_zpsnflmjjpx.jpg

IMG_1473_zpsb6yleycp.jpg

here she is after her first wash, polish and wax!
IMG_1422_zpsvfhjjhdl.jpg

IMG_1552_zpstwaffmnp.jpg

so for the short time i owned the blue micra i had bought a strut brace and painted the rocker cover red. i have now swapped them onto the red one! i also moved my sub and amp across and now its mounted firmly in the boot!
IMG_1492_zps0ouz0teu.jpg

The car had no mot and i knew it wouldn't pass until it had new driveshafts, it also had a massive rotten hole in the sill so i took it to the body shop where i work and got one of the panel beaters to repair it :) then got it MOT'd and it sailed through!!! :)
IMG_1502_zpshrarbkhf.jpg

IMG_1543_zpsmesg1eh0.jpg

IMG_1546_zpstoacwvec.jpg

i then decided to install a primera short shifter, what an absolute faff it was to fit this as your supposed to remove centre silence to gain access to the bottom of the shifter but this wasn't possible as the silencer bolts were rusted solid :( after spending a whole weekend on it i finally managed to swap them over :) i also cut my hands a couple of times where the ratchet slipped, lucky i have had tetanus jabs!
IMG_1547_zpsb8igmsik.jpg

IMG_1548_zpsesso4j8h.jpg

i then decided that the black trim needed sprucing, i wanted something permanent so out came the satin black and i masked round all the trim and painted :)
final product. i also got some cheeky pressed plates and painted the bonnet vent black instead of the tacky chrome too :)
IMG_1549_zpsvvagle7h.jpg

i can't remember which member i got the inspiration from but i decided that the front needed a splitter, so i bought a seat cupra r front splitter off ebay for £34.99, and i fitted it today
IMG_1568_zpso4yyo0t4.jpg

IMG_1570_zpsqdvrcqci.jpg

IMG_1573_zpsedaiuzn8.jpg

yet to fit it back on the car but here it is so far, held on with lots of self tacking screws and tiger seal :)
when i removed the front bumper i also decided to remove lights as I'm going to paint the insides black :) so going to do that tonight! i also had some wind deflectors arrive which I'm yet to fit! hope you like and stay tuned for the next update!!!

to buy
Banded steelies
LED rear lights
Tinted Windows
Rear splitter
plus lots of other things but can't remember atm :D

p.s. i have also lowered the car 35mm but have no pics :(
Sorry to bump this thread, but can see the drive shafts are abs ? Are they simlar size as 1.3 preface model ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so today i had to move my micra and as i got it off the drive the drive shaft popped out! i don't know how as i am yet to remove from car, so the car would have been stuck on the road if a nice guy hadn't stopped and helped me and my bro push it back up the drive which is on a hill :( so this weekend is dedicated to sorting the driveshaft out :(

so another quite big update :)
i ordered an under front strut ages ago from germany and it finally arrived last week
image_zps5rh95leb.jpg

this is what it looks like fitted, it does sit quite low but i don't think it will be low enough to scrape fingers crossed.
image_zpsswcqsm2x.jpg

i then went to the scrapyard on saturday in search for some driveshafts which will fit my micra as the other ones were for the abs model :( Not only did i find the correct driveshafts i also came across a 1.3 :)
here it is, i have been after some 1.3 cams for sometime so decided to take the rocker cover off and fish em out, the only trouble was is that almost every screw was seized so i had to use a flat head and hammer and chissel the heads of almost every one!
image_zpssiw5myhk.jpg

image_zps2zppsjg6.jpg

this 1.3 also has some wheels which i am dying to get my hands on! the only trouble is it had locking wheel nuts on and i couldn't find the key in the car so i had to leave them behind :( if anyone has any suggestions as to getting them off PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
image_zps4ayyelxq.jpg

this is the cams fitted saturday evening :) unfortunately i could only fit the inlet cam as the outlet cam on the 1.3 isn't the same as the outlet on the 1.0l :(
image_zpsbv4zaa6l.jpg

i also came across a boot spoiler so decided to pry it off! here it is in primer, i was going to paint it at work but i had a can of paint at home so just rattle canned it :)
image_zpsi7gxtacn.jpg

image_zpswepfxaju.jpg

the spoiler fitted
image_zpsfyg7jr5k.jpg

so it has been quite a productive weekend apart from this which I'm hoping you can all help me with...
since i took the original driveshaft out i have had a problem with it leaking, the leak is coming from the drivers side but is running down to the middle of the gearbox, i have replaced the driveshaft seals and I'm 99% certain that it is correctly seated. know i have topped up the gearbox oil and unsure if i have overfilled the box and the leak is coming from the overflow pipe? pictures as follows
image_zpsksxjcw1z.jpg

i checked the level on the dipstick and it comes up to the max fill mark?
image_zpsszbespmc.jpg

its really starting to annoy me and if you know why the problem could be please help!!!

hope you enjoyed

If it wasn't there before swapping driveshafts then you must have nicked the driveshaft seal when you refitted it. Also did you fully seat it when you fitted it. That's very bad leak. A damaged seal doesn't usually leak like that.

so another quite big update :)
i ordered an under front strut ages ago from germany and it finally arrived last week
image_zps5rh95leb.jpg

this is what it looks like fitted, it does sit quite low but i don't think it will be low enough to scrape fingers crossed.
image_zpsswcqsm2x.jpg

i then went to the scrapyard on saturday in search for some driveshafts which will fit my micra as the other ones were for the abs model :( Not only did i find the correct driveshafts i also came across a 1.3 :)
here it is, i have been after some 1.3 cams for sometime so decided to take the rocker cover off and fish em out, the only trouble was is that almost every screw was seized so i had to use a flat head and hammer and chissel the heads of almost every one!
image_zpssiw5myhk.jpg

image_zps2zppsjg6.jpg

this 1.3 also has some wheels which i am dying to get my hands on! the only trouble is it had locking wheel nuts on and i couldn't find the key in the car so i had to leave them behind :( if anyone has any suggestions as to getting them off PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
image_zps4ayyelxq.jpg

this is the cams fitted saturday evening :) unfortunately i could only fit the inlet cam as the outlet cam on the 1.3 isn't the same as the outlet on the 1.0l :(
image_zpsbv4zaa6l.jpg

i also came across a boot spoiler so decided to pry it off! here it is in primer, i was going to paint it at work but i had a can of paint at home so just rattle canned it :)
image_zpsi7gxtacn.jpg

image_zpswepfxaju.jpg

the spoiler fitted
image_zpsfyg7jr5k.jpg

so it has been quite a productive weekend apart from this which I'm hoping you can all help me with...
since i took the original driveshaft out i have had a problem with it leaking, the leak is coming from the drivers side but is running down to the middle of the gearbox, i have replaced the driveshaft seals and I'm 99% certain that it is correctly seated. know i have topped up the gearbox oil and unsure if i have overfilled the box and the leak is coming from the overflow pipe? pictures as follows
image_zpsksxjcw1z.jpg

i checked the level on the dipstick and it comes up to the max fill mark?
image_zpsszbespmc.jpg

its really starting to annoy me and if you know why the problem could be please help!!!

hope you enjoyed
I had a simlar problem while back I fitted new seals on and wasn't that much leak, U might have redone Ur new seals on too much but even that wouldn't leak like that ?
Crank seal ? Clean all the oil where it's leaking from and check where it's from again

I think when replacing Ur drive shafts it might have left that small 2mm gap within the seals and driveshafts giving that play and causing it to leak,
Old shafts sealed ok and tight
New driveshafts and new seals leaking, must be not going further in the gearbox or loose cv ?

i will have to wait until next weekend now, Lucky I'm still learning to drive. i will remove the driveshaft and inspect the inside of the gearbox see if i can see anything!

Last edited:
From memory, there's a (metal?) ring that goes in the driveshaft hole. Mine was missing or crushed and was leaking too.

could it have possibly broken when installing? hope not as it will now be sat at the bottom of the gearbox. how come swell that the oil level has stayed pretty much the same?

the thing is i have put two of the same driveshafts in and they have both leaked? :(
Are u sure u have tighten the gearbox mount, rear mount, and have tighten the hubs ? Any loose bolts can cause a play in both seals and make it leak, go under the car with 2 axle stands so it's safe. And pull the each drive shafts so U are rocking it check both of them that there is no play and if there is the more u pull U will see more leaks and will be loose for this to cause. That's only way to know if it's that

i was there this weekend, i did have a look at the door handles but didn't like them, was getting some driveshafts and managed to pinch some 1.3 cams :)

ah okay and yeah i noticed that as i did have a look at them! thats the only problem there is that you don't know what somebody else has done to the car!

Back