Project Father And Son

well,dont you just hate unforeseen faults?more welding...a few bits on outer sills(luckily nearer floorpan side so a grind and bit of bitumen and a recoat of paint and the plates i weld in should be invisible),and a patch on inner sill.total idiocy on my part.i plated the inner arch right above that bit and didnt check it.so for my sins i went all over the inner and outer sills attacking them with a screwdriver and a hammer.a bit more brutally than an mot tester will.so im about to head out to get welding.i also found the n/s handbrake cable had snapped and a wheel cylinder was looking a bit ropey.so fitted new ones.while doing that i flushed the whole hydraulic system with fresh brake fluid.so the good side is it has all new pads and shoes and fluids throughout.the brake pipes seem to be fine but i may change them as a matter of course soon.got a mate with a pipe-flaring kit so ill borrow that.theres been a further mod to front bumper too.the original reg plate mount in middle is now completely ground off and smoothed.the reg plate now mounts at the side and the plate itself has been chopped down as much as legally possible.characters and spacing is legal requirements and has a 7mm border.its also getting masked up again and one more coat of paint going on before cut and polish.just making sure the paint is thick enough and dont wanna find out the hard way that its not.
so sadly the project will be a few days more going back on road.

I'm back on this boys, and my my I have missed it, got an absolute ton of photos to go up just need to get them onto my wall from my phone,

Been great having my dad to do this car, best guy ever and to take over the thread too has been brill,

Will be posting the pics up once she's all finished, so you soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 463
I'd love mg seats :) just need a welder :p did they bolt in by three mounts? Or did all mounts need engineering ?
Literally on edge waiting for more pictures!
Clodo
X

Well, been a few months again but the car is getting the!

Set back with an entire inner wheel arch rebuild

But great news is there has been some more things bought for the car

Nismo boot lip spoiler
Nismo chrome oil cap
Nismo chrome radiator cap
Nodspeed front mount strut brace
90mm deep dish drift spec steering wheel

Things still to buy before the Scottish car show;

Wind deflectors
Front custom splitter (getting done by rhino lip)
And I'm very very tempted to get Calibre retro star alloys with stretch :)

Will get a lot of pics up soon and show what's been setting me back.

But for now, see ya!

Well, been a few months again but the car is getting the!

Set back with an entire inner wheel arch rebuild

But great news is there has been some more things bought for the car

Nismo boot lip spoiler
Nismo chrome oil cap
Nismo chrome radiator cap
Nodspeed front mount strut brace
90mm deep dish drift spec steering wheel

Things still to buy before the Scottish car show;

Wind deflectors
Front custom splitter (getting done by rhino lip)
And I'm very very tempted to get Calibre retro star alloys with stretch :)

Will get a lot of pics up soon and show what's been setting me back.

But for now, see ya!
Looking forward to pics!

Last edited:
@V-PlateProfile

Watch that Nismo spoiler rep

I got one and it doesn't quite fit as its slightly twisted, I stupidly had it painted before properly fitting it so I doesn't sit fully flush with the edge of the boot

Just a heads up :)

Yeah I put mine on yesterday, it seems to be near enough but not 100%. But it manageable

Thanks for the heads up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 431
Yeah I put mine on yesterday, it seems to be near enough but not 100%. But it manageable

Thanks for the heads up
the trick to fitting copied/aftermarket fibreglass add-ons is to test-fit the part and then apply heat with heatgun/hairdryer etc to the whole piece.this will soften the piece which will then take on the shape that its been held in place to once it cools down.to be absolutely sure do this process another once or twice.then fettle and fill any imperfections then prime it,then test fit and heat it once more.the remove and paint..job done

Its not a massive clearance issue, a few mm. if you can't work round it then I do do the adaptor bracket.
yeah,turns out there were some issues with it after all...in fact the damn thing didnt fit at all.had to chop a bit out the main section,and put a sleeve in and weld it all back up.and had to buff it in a few places cos of clearance issues with power steering pipes and wiper motor.all done now though

yeah,turns out there were some issues with it after all...in fact the damn thing didnt fit at all.had to chop a bit out the main section,and put a sleeve in and weld it all back up.and had to buff it in a few places cos of clearance issues with power steering pipes and wiper motor.all done now though
That doesnt sound great :s
Did you place one end down first then the other? they are a tight fit (intentionally) but you shouldnt have to cut it!
They are all made on the same jig and every other one has fit (that i know of).

well,finally the yellow peril is MOT'd.and there ended up a lot more mods carried out than were ever originally planned,and still a fair few to still be carried out.this became a long drawn out project.what with work,life,calamities,crises,family deaths,births,weddings.and with my boy having another k11 to run about in,the project lost a bit of urgency.so now its in the middle of having the paintwork cut and polished.the rear wheeltubs are gonna get modified to allow the rear coilovers more clearance in a couple of days.in the next few weeks RCL and leccy windows are getting fitted too.
there will be pics posted over the next few days.mostly taken by my boy.in the meantime i'm gonna put up a couple of pics i took yesterday with the next k11 project beside it.a wee silver 2002 1.0 tempest.

well,time to start more modding to the yellow peril.theres a new set of wheels going on.theyre non factory and the rears are wider than the fronts.so theyve to get the rims polished and spokes painted.
theres a set of flared arches to be fitted too and all the hidden gumph underneath to mate them up to be done.
a new front bumper is being modded and fitted.its from the silver k11c in the pics above,so its getting smoothed and the foglight holes getting filled up etc.
a set of 2" wide billet spacers are coming from the states but theyll take weeks to arrive.
its also gonna have a modded 1.3 engine(which im currently building)fitted and twin cherrybomb system being fabricated too.

Back