Project Father And Son

So yeah, i think it's about time to start Sharing details on my little micra that me and my dad are doing up.

I've been braught up around mechanics and modders so decided i wanted a car that is different from the corsa's, fiesta's and clio's my mates are driving around in :p

Car Details : its a dark green 99' 1.0l 16v with 128,500 on the clock

I Paid £175 for it, i baught it off my ex, she had a little front end bump so the front bumper needs a little bit of work but can be handled. i've only recently passed but had the car since january, its been sitting in a lockup so it doesnt get worse whilst its off the road. mechanically the car is as sweet as a nut, body wise, bit shabby.

Well so far i have Done:

a full debadge and outer trim removal

Removed front nostrals

cut down size of front reg plate holder

Rubbed down all rusted patches, wasnt many but got them out the way

Replaced driver side front wing, Was a bit rotton and wasnt looked after so just got one off a scrapper that needed a lil touch up.

Started the tailgate smoothover, still needs more time to get it awsome, only put the panel over the hole's and put a basic layer of cataloy,

cut hole in back bumper to install back reg

Put my Cherrybomb backbox on, doesnt sit right, so gonna redo it.

The list to do, Exterior:

Install de-cat pipe

Finish Smoothing tailgate

Install mesh grill

Fix and finish front bumped

Get car prepared for paint ( Gonna go a nice yellow )

tint out rear and side indicators

Black front light surroundings,

Refurb wheels ( black middle with silver ring )

Interior:

Get new seat covers

Install sound system, Got 2 x 6x9's, 2 x 6.5's, 2 x 12" subs, full wiring kit, 3 amps, sub splitter, JVC ipod stereo

In the Long run ..... :

35mm Lowering springs
bucket seats
super s spoiler or lip
newer engine

Thanks for reading, i'l be sure to get some pics up on the work so far, just need to find the lead to connect my phone up to my laptop .......

i should hopefully get picture's up before the weekend :)

Also looking into 1.3 cams? How much would i be looking to spend? And what sort of BHP figure's could i gain?

thanks

Sooo here's all the photo's i have taken since the car got baught :)

21mt16u.jpg

The day the car was baught, had a few bad patches and stuff but soon to be sorted

aw6djn.jpg

Just before i got it, the ex had a shunt, so rust on the wing gave way, and the front bumper has a few cracks(to be fixed

1674cua.jpg

Got the new panel on, was a lil rough but easily fixed, also started front bumper fix / mod

123wtch.jpg

rust buffed off, germolite applyied, 16v sign off

c5dmp.jpg

Pulled the nostrals out, shortend the reg plate holder, pulled out a dent aswell, and removed nissan badge, (can see the crack front the shunt, still got alot to do .......

2hhkn4g.jpg

Yeah, shortend the stick and put this on, was lying around ..... Defo gonna change this asap!

35irdao.jpg

So stripped the stuff out the bootlip, welded a panel on (pain in the ass), buffed dents down to the metal, cut the hole for the new reg holder ( got a funky idea, will be revealed in time ;) ) and got the cherry bomb welded on, aint sitting like i want....... yet

5yfa81.jpg

Closer Look at the bumper

23k7xgi.jpg

Wheels arent looking pretty atall, soon to be changed

bd2dz.jpg

idea for the wheels ( not perfect, just quick lick atm )

b97kfs.jpg

Got the cataloy on the boot, filled the hole's, dents, and seal with the new panel, can start to see some progress

2rcq16u.jpg

Progress starting, cant wait to get more done :)

Hope you enjoy what im doing, will update when i get more time to do work on her :D

34nfd5c.jpg

So got a little bit of a deal for my sound system, The wire kit, 2 x 300watt 6x9's and two 12" subs with an 100watt amp on the box cost me £20..... bit of a steal if my books, only problem is on sub has a crack.

Also Baught 2 x 150watt 6.5" door speakers = £30
JVC KD-R521 stereo with ipod and blutooth = £50
At the front there, u can see 2 amps and a frequence splitter
Grey one is 800watt, orange is 400watt and the splitter is for the subs, they cost me nothing :) cant complain atall

Also today, got the mesh for the front grills, hopefully get them done soon and i will have a pic up very shortly

D :)

Looks good man, can't wait to see the boot and your top secret numbe plate idea! ;)

What happened with the back bumper? Did that used to have a tow bar or something?

Looks good man, can't wait to see the boot and your top secret numbe plate idea! ;)

What happened with the back bumper? Did that used to have a tow bar or something?[/quote

umm, no it didnt, i just used a grinder and cut a hole in the bumper, thats just the strengthening bar thats showing, which im going to have to modify aswell, but yes, the back bumper secret will take some time and calm nerve's but i garentee will look sicc! :)

Ah, I see... vewy interwesting!... Square palte in a bumper recess... Gonna look good, and not done before as far as I've seen... Crackin' little project this, always good when you see someone doing something new!... :)

Well, got a few hours of "sunshine" today and managed to do some work, here's a few picture's to show :)

xt6s2.jpg

Started trying to fix the bumper, had to screw metal plating to make sure it doesnt split again, I also opened the mouth up a bit aswell, got rid of the exess unneeded crap :p still need to screw a bit at the split and the other side of the reg bit.

2aom6v.jpg

closer look at what i was doing :) still got to rebuild the gaps with fiberglass ....

21afdwh.jpg

bit closer to the mouth to show how much i have shaved off :p soon to be filled with mesh :D

24m6eip.jpg

Since i ran out of metal to fix the bumper, decided to start making my mesh nostrals..... didnt like this the, the slushness just doesnt make me happy, so gonna re-do them :)

zyixjt.jpg

Tidyied and sorted all the tools, then packed the boot full ......

NEW UPDATES TO THE PROJECT

I have decided to scrap doing the standard steelie's black and silver. I managed to get a set of Almera GTi 5 spoke alloys for £50, i'l pick them up asap, but im gonna do them the same paint style as i planned :)

I have also settled my mind on the colour im gonna do her, Seen it and loved it, Its Maserati Yellow, Gonna looook Sweeet :)

Latersss :)

I

Welll, Been a bit of a while, so time for a photo bomb of things that have been done.

I had Been busy for a few weeks, being on holiday and stuff, But Luckily my Dad was here to save the day, He's knocked his head in getting it ready for paint.

Stuff been done:

Front bumper Re-build
Rear bumper mod, Reg plate holder, Still has a little bit of work to be done
Boot lip filled and ready for shaping
ALL dents and holes filled in and smoothed
Some Welding needed Done too
Modded the Front Lights
Car was Rubber Down (sorry didnt take any pics)
Car masked up and top half, except bumpers and boot lip have had a first layer of Primer.

TIME FOR SOME PICS :)

nqhrp.jpg

Front Bumper rebuilt, once painted will look great, nice and smooth

2u5ddvb.jpg

Rear bumper, before it got smoothed

dzy1q8.jpg

Nearly Done, but nice and smooth :)

2v1lwrr.jpg

Ready to get shaped and smoothed down, Nice :)

2dmfj43.jpg

No holes, dents or badges, Cant wait till bumpers are primed

2vl8qit.jpg

Bit of finger in the corner :p but here's the lights.

Well So far thats whats been done, So a huge thanks to my Dad and his wizard body skills :)

Enjoy

UPDATESSSS...... Not had a chance to get on for a while, only got one photo, whole car is primed, will get some photo's as soon as i can get over :)

ir6c7m.jpg

For now, Front bumper shaped and primed, looks well nicer :)

Be Jelo :)
D

So, had a chance to head over with my dad and get some more work done,

Got the boot lip re-done, just need to sort out some little problems but nothing huge
Got rid of all the overspray behind the bumpers
De - cat is now done aswell, has a very awsome Rip to it :)
Also put it back together just to see how it roughly looks

Here's the pics, enjoy :)

1z313sg.jpg

Matt Black :)

15gdp8y.jpg

Boot lip nearly done, just got a few things to sort, aswell as the bumper

t7evt4.jpg

So yeah, roughly how she will look, except she will be yellow :p

seqg6a.jpg

:)
D

Looks fab! Actually liking the off white primer colour... It's really grown on me! Still, can't wait to see her yellow! When's she going in for paint?

Oh, and what are those things I spy on the boot lid? Keep the work up mate, this is defo one to watch! :)

Interesting rear bumper idea for the rear plate :), reminds me of what my dad did to his, except your recess is square and his is a rectangle.. You've got some nice ideas going on mate, can't wait to see it painted! Definitely can't beat a father and son team like can ya! Haha :D

..Oh, and what are those things I spy on the boot lid? Keep the work up mate, this is defo one to watch! :)
Looks to me like its just been ground down flat?

Nice project!! Interesting stuff mate!!! Would be good to see the outcome on this micra journey!

Just outa curiosity that gearknob (skulls head) isn't your Ex is it? Lol

J

well,heres an update of whats been done.will hopefully have latest pics up over weekend;

primary silencer removed and sleeved.complete one-off exhaust system now fabricated and fitted with cherrybomb rear silencer
original oval side indicators removed and holes welded up.LED side indicators now fitted
one-off bumper modifications front and rear
mural painted on bonnet of 'The Joker'from 'The Killing Joke'
Black surrounds inside headlamps and daytime running led's fitted inside headlamp bowl
rear indicator,reversing light and fog light sections black tinted
tailgate spoiler fitted
almera GTI wheels painted anthracite fitted with 195/50 x 15 front and 195/55 x 15 rear
adjustable coil/over springs front.rear shocks and springs converted to adjustable struts.
one-off fabricated front strut upper spring-cups and lower perches
front strut pinch-bolt holes slotted to allow camber adjustment
tailgate smoothed.lock flushed and smoothed.rear wiper removed flushed and smoothed.
side body trim removed
front grilles modified and meshed
remote boot-release fitted
mirrors and door handles colour-coded
painted ferarri 355 yellow
yellow 'fly-eyes'fitted on headlamps
car lowered 45mm approx.gas shocks front and oil shocks rear
welding on front crossmember,offside outer/inner sill,offside headlamp mount,and rear lower valance
cone airfilter and modified airbox
engine lacquered black
gearbox painted silver
rocker cover painted shiny red

still to do......

MG ZR half-leather recaro seats to be fitted
rev counter to fit
ICE install
windows to be tinted
and then off to MOT station.

ok,a wee quick progress update.some things have been modded or added/removed.mot has been shelved til monday next.

yellow flyeyes changed to black ones(yellow looked good on site pics but were gash in real life.
button start fitted.
rev counter clock sets fitted.
half leather recaros fitted
new pedal covers fitted
new gearknob fitted.
drums and calipers painted ferarri rosso red
led indicator strips on wings tinted black
induction kit fitted.
instrument cowl and controls cover painted and lacquered in yellow splash detail.

and the original rear reg plate idea has sadly been scrapped.idea was a backlit plate like TVR's.but the plod will just come down hard on him for it..

at moment im working on bumpers.smoothing and reinforcing them.ill be painting them on friday then whole car will have the paintwork cut and polished.word to the wise....if you ever paint a car in 2-pack paint NEVER use T-cut to compound the paintwork afterwards.T-cut is ammonia based and will cause the paint to become cloudy within weeks.use G3 0r G10 by farecla.its a bit pricier but its well worth it.ill have pics up over weekend

Back