• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21's new raT 1.0 rebuild!!

satin black or gloss white

• Total voters
nice one cheers mate,might have bit more time tonight,work depending so hopefully may be out, could be looking at a flinstone car tonight!

me and brother in law got the 1.3 in today, picked the funking thing up and put it in(strength of a bear)

engine hoist pfffstt!!

anyway, as always pics to look at , nothing particuarlly interesting but quite proud as its all new to us but were getting there!

27102010013.jpg

27102010015.jpg

27102010016.jpg

28102010018.jpg

28102010019.jpg

28102010020.jpg

28102010021.jpg

28102010022.jpg

28102010023.jpg

bye bye slow pants!!

28102010024.jpg

just awaiting lightened flywheel and clutch now to finish bolting in!

Nice one(Y) I'm getting rather jealous of your build now, I've being watching this from the start and your heading in a good direction. Just got to get that paint sorted out though eh. How well did the minilites fit on the micras blots and centre bore? I'm getting some very similar soon:grinning:

they fitted perfectly, no mucking around, dont feel or look any different to bolting on standard micra wheels to be honest

paint will come in time, just want to get it up and running first with,tyres,suspension, brakes all going,paints the last thing to be done

will get it done though just time and money now
(Y)

^^ Is the 1.3 engine a straight forward swap, Im considering doing it sometime next year on my 1.0 on a 'L'?

If its as easy as just connecting the engine up to the exsisting gearbox, shafts etc and changing the e.c.u, im for it :)

^^ Is the 1.3 engine a straight forward swap, Im considering doing it sometime next year on my 1.0 on a 'L'?

If its as easy as just connecting the engine up to the exsisting gearbox, shafts etc and changing the e.c.u, im for it :)

keep the same ecu mate, yeah straight swap jjust need to bolt the 1.0 flywheel and clutch onto the 1.3 to keep the 1.0l gearbox, I'll let you know how it goes once I'm done!?

keep the same ecu mate, yeah straight swap jjust need to bolt the 1.0 flywheel and clutch onto the 1.3 to keep the 1.0l gearbox, I'll let you know how it goes once I'm done!?

Nice. Seems fairly straight forward. Guess it comes down your skills with the spanner.

Im checking this thread daily for updates lol

just a few pics tonight, got the auto flywheel off (bloody pig!) and started plugging loom etc back in, just waiting for my lightened flywheel from frank then all will be bolted up and i can start getting this thing finished, flywheel is around 4kg so should be good!more stuff tomorrow!

just a few pics tonight, got the auto flywheel off (bloody pig!) and started plugging loom etc back in, just waiting for my lightened flywheel from frank then all will be bolted up and i can start getting this thing finished, flywheel is around 4kg so should be good!more stuff tomorrow!

ahem, where :laugh:

soory guys was trying to upload of my phone but its ####e and wouldnt do it, got some pics from frank of flywheel ill put up

:grinning:

Attachments

• SDC11276-1.JPG
    SDC11276-1.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 317
  • SDC11279.JPG
    SDC11279.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 288
  • SDC11280.jpg
    SDC11280.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 299
If I've read that right your asking why I posted before I found out the engines running etc, has taken me along time as only get half hour every other day, just need oil and water now, oh and charge battery too, I'll get a video when I go to start it and test drive :)

all wiring done now, battery charged, get paid tommorow so cheap 10w40 engine oil, and decent gearbox oil and coolant will be bought along with engine flush.

Gonna get it running for little while then wack the engine flush in and drain all the craap out, top up with some real quality stuff and i should have a sweet low mileage,jdm engined, super s bumpered stripped out mini race car :p

will be adding performance parts when i can so i can feel the difference between each and every thing i add(Y)

some pics from other day, will have more soon

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

lovely
yep oil spills arent gonna do any favours to that cleaness
give us a link for the paint/spray you used on the manni/hot engine parts and the induction pipes link PLEASE
thanks

It's just halfords vht Matt black spray, rocker done with same stuff but red:)

kN9s7.jpg

Heres the gearbox oil with same tube, worked s treat :)

And my palace of fun!!

1cb19362.jpg

All in and running, got a blow from downpipe as had to cut other bolt off takin the 1.0 out, got franks lightened flywheel on, revs like motorbike

Next thing is a test drive tomorrow, some photos

cc1e26b1.jpg

53f62dc2.jpg

753b5c29.jpg

81ff0bea.jpg

5353695d.jpg

cone filters only there till piping comes on tuesday, got to swap the other wheel over to bring car level, then we will play

still got fse fpr to fit and hunting for a janspeed

sorted my exhaust, 2inch cat back no resonators, no back box vrooom vroom

Not much news at the mo, just finishing of suspendion on rear and making sure the car is stable, few more bits to do before test drive

Cars also overheating because fans not kicking in, gonna run a permanent live to the fan of battery to see if the temp stays down, if it does then it's either that or the thermostat

All fingers point at the thermostat as fan hasn't been changed neither the wiring which was all working fine with the 1.0 ltr before hand

If that's the case I'll swap it over to the spare one on the 1.0ltr
Once that's done and all suspension done I'll video it going up the road :)

Cheers all

Took it out today for first test drive , awesome!! Frank your right the lightened flywheel completely changes the nature of the car, completely different to my super s well chuffed, gonna be carrying on with the prep work until I'm flooded with performance parts :)

Here's some photos, I'll try to get a video Friday cheers

72ff8384.jpg

bedc315d.jpg

7b186d31.jpg

79cea69e.jpg

AMAZING Marty! Seriously, that's excellent, the induction kit's mint and I LOVE black :).

Fu*kin love this car mate!! If your doing public viewings at any point then can i book in please, would love to see this thing in the flesh.

anytime people, you see in the world of croydon i have 3 people intersted in this car... sorry make that 4

1. scopez
2. rat
3. me!!
4 oh yeah and the drunk who wobbles by most days telling me hes done all this before and tells me that i should do all this to a nova as the micras are for grannys!!

any how my point being is i love for people to show an interest, the mrs cant stand it so you guys plus the top 3 are my only car freinds:down::down:

my mates with vxrs and subarus and evos dont care either, ha ha:p

so thankyou for the kind comments guys, makes it all worth while :)

Il pop up some time soon then, not far away at all! chuck me a txt next time you are spending some time on it and il come say hello:)

sure ok mate probably sunday? ill let you know before hand (Y)(Y)

fans not kicked in yet but temps come down since paints burning off! gonna be the temp sensor but will check more friday if i get the time

anyone fancy a group buy on 4-2-1 manifolds stainless from a custom exhaust manufacturer? havent found one but worth askking for quotes?

Love it..all that black is making me feel dirty...
Are you still relocating the battery?
When you're done take the drunk bloke for a spin see can you get him to wet himself...Horses for courses & all that but put a standard Micra against the equivalent Nova & the Micra wins on every angle (except street cred lol) I enjoy owning a car that other people love to hate,specially when their cambelt fall off ;)
Bloke in yard who has a 1.2cc Clio was slating me for dealing with a Micra,asked him if he would like to put his logbook where is mouth is & that was the last I heard from him

had the day off work today so spent the day trying to get car to run properly

ok so the problems were over heating and erratic idle

i removed the thermostat sensor out of the 1.0 as i new it worked ok, fitted that and then filled coolant back up, the radiator still isnt kicking in

read through the haynes and all points to the engine temp switch

when i swapped the block over i had to cut the engine temperature switch's wire as i couldnt remove it

removed the one from 1.0 but couldnt get the one from the 1.3 out, so changed the plug and checked wires

started car lumpy bumpy and still overheating!!!

ok changed throttle bodie to the 1.0 one, started car immediately it sounded better, smoother infact but still another idling problem, keeps cutting out so adjusted idle control valve

all ok but still overheating and started idling funny again but not as bad as the last throttle body

anyway wired the fan onto the battery and instantly fired up, started car up from almost cold and it idled ok until it reached operating temp, fan still on,engine temp still no different, it actually went above red!!:eek:

drove the car and alot better with 1.0 t/b almost fast but kept cutting out down near the lower revs, as soon as i got near the red, i shut the engine off to cool down

radiatir is filled with 500ml bottle of coolant and the rest water

please can anyone help?:down:

What ECU did you use? could it be that? running 1l on 1.3? what about water pump? Did you try the thermostat?
I got some hitachi TB from ebay if you wanna try but it looks a bit poo, pic 1 and 2

What ECU did you use? could it be that? running 1l on 1.3? what about water pump? Did you try the thermostat?
I got some hitachi TB from ebay if you wanna try but it looks a bit poo, pic 1 and 2

1.0 ecu havent changed or touched any thing near there! wondering whether its the waterpump now...:down:

anyone had anything similar?

cheers mckenzie but i know the tb okay as i used it fine on the 1.0

Mart,I've had the same running issues as you.Lumpy on idle & if I left it running it would cut out.Definately was very rich.Had a tinker with the mixture & it's much better now but still not ideal.Likewise,my new engine was running fine before it was removed from the victim as was yours when it was removed from the March.I'll have a word with Darcey tomorrow see can I borrow his tester thing.Put your 1.3 T/B back on & I'll have a nose on Sunday.
I'm hoping to rush through the mods & get the thing mapped & be done with it.
Re. overheating,are all the hoses getting hot?Coming in & out of the heater matrix?Engines been sitting around,you checked the thermostat?Take it out as an experiment.I've never had problems with airlocks on Micras but I've got a kit that sucks all the air out & replaces with coolant if all else fails.Gis a shout tomorrow if you want to try.
Sabotage???Maybe drunk hater has slipped a ping pong ball up one of the hoses :eek:

When you're done take the drunk bloke for a spin see can you get him to wet himself

For god's sake, fit plastic seat covers first :eek: :laugh:.

Coincidence you and sleeper are chattin' on here - your two threads are the best on here for ages (Y).

sleeper and the ping pong!!nutter

damn engines,i only want the thing to work standard!!! the t/b doesnt look original to the engine matey, its one from a breakers yard as it has writing all over it in white marker pen, i know the 1.0 works so i thought id swap to see if any different,

same with the dizzy, thats looks like a breaker yard special, maybe tempted to swap over but worried about making timing spot on? yeah if you can come over and let us know that would be great matey, ill try pop down tommorow anyhow to say hello

was meaning to ask you whether you sorted yours behaving funny? there tempermental little cars but once working there spot on, haynes manual says to check compression but i doubt its that:glare::glare:

ill try the engine ttemp switch, if thats no good well then im stuck fwn

oh and i need 4-2-1 please santa :p

thanks for the comments 6.5x55, its proberly because we have so much to do to it we have become micra nutters!:laugh:

Back