• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21's new raT 1.0 rebuild!!

satin black or gloss white

• Total voters
for golf coilies, Dattosan fitted some to the front of a k10, the hub needs packing out and the top cup needs drilling out, they also provided a nice healthy drop, but the backs ended up being about the same length so not so good but i think they can be modified to fit properly. this is on a k10 though which has mc pherson strut at the back still

i was tinking micra top mounts on corsa front coilovers, re drill / open out bottom hole, front done

for rears ill keep them chopped micra rears in and just make sure them damper holds the axel enough on full drop so that the springs dont fall out, i need a damper about half stock length as i have half stock spring!!

if the rear spring is kept in the cups whilst going for an mot it will pass, it also matches damper shock together and gets ride of the bouncy ride i have because the shocks are working well without there limit!!

just need to know on there highest setting how low the micra will be, come on micra69 please update and enlighten us mate
:p:p

They have been originally adjustable springs and uprated dampers. Just like the Steins C0llis0n got from japan (see his thread), but antoni said that springs where shot so I just go cut up eibach spring instead.

They have been originally adjustable springs and uprated dumpers. Just like the Steins C0llis0n got from japan (see his thread), but antoni said that springs where shot so I just go cut up eibach spring instead.

but is the damper alot shorter than the standard one, what stops your springs falling out on fall rear drop?cheers for your help

It is shorter for about an inch maybe a bit more. When the cars jacked up, the spring is loose. Something I need to sort out though. Thats why I said corsa dampers might do the job as they seem to be lot shorter.

yeah this is what i want to try,just need to get some, then if this works im just left with the fronts to sort

you must be on your bumpstops that low on the back?:p

so they dont fit? im confused by the looks of that thread someone managed it?
good luck in the search martboy!

so they dont fit? im confused by the looks of that thread someone managed it?
good luck in the search martboy!

it looks like he fitted them ok shaun, but they,re just too low and unsafe fwn (shaft angles, bumpsteer problems grounding etc)
my matiz legs are about as low as you can safely go imo (you can see there,s only 60mm of clearance on the engine support/cross member :eek:)
attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC10944.JPG
    SDC10944.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 1,440
Whats unsafe about slammed rides? fwn Mine sits about the same height as the strut bar (3 fingers) with the strut bar removed (the strut bar sat an inch off the floor, LOL)

S73F0059.jpg

(ill get a proper pic tomorrow)

Also I dont know if theyre the same diameter, but pug 106 / cit' saxo shock absorbers are alot shorter standard, and theyre cartige type too (unlike the micra's built in shocker to the strut) As I was thinking about getting some standard front legs, chopping the spring cup off and about 2 inch off the top, extract all the damper gubbins and slide the saxo damper in the strut. Weld a threaded sleeve to the outside of the strut (for the adjuster rings) and thread the top to reattach the cap which will hold the shocker in place. Only problem is that I dont know the diameter of the saxo shocks so I dont know if they would fit inside the struts.

awesome slammedness you two!!

frank is that complete matiz leg except top mount, have you taken any coils off yet or competley stock spring??cheers maate

my micra on coilovers is pretty low atm and i can remove the smaller spring which should give another 30mm drop which would probably make it super low. due to it being family car im not willing to risk it lol

my micra on coilovers is pretty low atm and i can remove the smaller spring which should give another 30mm drop which would probably make it super low. due to it being family car im not willing to risk it lol

yeah dont risk it for a chocolate biscuit mate!! keep it sensiblish...aaah wait, i just realised it was you ha ha:laugh:

that would be hilarious being in the 5 door when mr starlet pulls up next to you!

Jeesus! welcome to the low rider club executive suite! :blush:
i take it you guys dont have many speed bumps up there?
and car looks good in the 'shop martboy! make it reaaal! (Y)

Jeesus! welcome to the low rider club executive suite! :blush:
i take it you guys dont have many speed bumps up there?
and car looks good in the 'shop martboy! make it reaaal! (Y)

if your speaking to me then we do have plenty speedbumps but i know where they are so tend to avoid them. also first day of coilovers the lower front strut hit the road after going down a small dip in the road. but the lower the much better a micra looks imo

so is the poll done??
car white
except bonnet
roof?
boot cap?
are the black bits going matt or satin or even standard gloss black?
the photoshop pic does look good!!!!

Are they all can jobs? Really good finish on them all if thats what they are. I dont know why but i'm really liking that last pic of the nato green estate!

ive been busy with my strip and clean discs, these things are the dogs dangleys!

only 1 and a half discs to do this, looks bad but so smooth to touch, be ready for etch primer soon!!

DSC03730.jpg

DSC03731.jpg

scopez popped over so i thought id take a photo next to his

DSC03742.jpg

DSC03743.jpg

Excellent progress Marty. This is probably my favourite blog thread (Y).

rustoleum is oil based enamel so can sand and paint on top, also it affects the paint underneath so it was easier to strip the bits of the car i cant replace

everything in grey primer has been replaced and has never had rustoleum on so im good to go

got some 165/55 fitted on rear yesterday, looks much better and have rim lip which i think looks better with stretch

just the fronts to do but they suit the wheel and arch much better:grinning:

front needs them and to come down another 25mm or so

DSC03746.jpg

DSC03745.jpg

DSC03747.jpg

DSC03748.jpg

front still needs to come down!!! matiz shocks needed!

DSC03749.jpg

still not as low as franks :(

more soon peops :p
DSC03751.jpg

I can't decide which tyres I like best. (i've been contemplating 165/65 for a bit). I do love the tall 175's but theres no doubt that the little 165's look the business as well.

your right the back tyres match better
and what do you think bout the eye brows for the bonnet
it does look mean as is

The 165/55's are a whole lot better mark,get the nankang of camskill,only 26 pound a tyre and come with rim protector and look really good,how a stretched tyre should look, weirdly makes the wheel look much fatter. I got mine for 12 quid each part worn,except they haven't been used really the tread is mint! I'll see if I can a better comparison picture later :)

I reckon you should do the whole car back to metal and just lacquer it, it'll be hard to get the bumpers to match, lol.

The 165/55's are a whole lot better mark,get the nankang of camskill,only 26 pound a tyre and come with rim protector and look really good,how a stretched tyre should look, weirdly makes the wheel look much fatter. I got mine for 12 quid each part worn,except they haven't been used really the tread is mint! I'll see if I can a better comparison picture later :)

I much prefer a tyre without a rim protector built in. My local breakers does 13"s for a fiver each, I'll have to head down sometime and see what they have got.

lucky boy, i pay the expense of living in flipping london mark!! every thing up here is far more expensive, the rim protector wouldnt actually protect the rim but makes the tyre look better imo

got some more done tonight

cant spray cellelouse or 2k paint over acrylic primer so wiped the halfords cack of with petrol, amazing how easily it came of, washed it after and went over with a light wet sand so she good to go

also filled rear quarters dents and imperfections and started to finish off bumper smoothing in :p

got to order some more clean and strip discs before the noisey stuff starts again so doing other bits at the mo

cheers

nothing yet on holiday in italy, was liking the look of the black march on ebay but think its gonna go for too much

still got loads to do but have a 51000 auto march engine to go in!

cool man. i go on my holiday soon too. why automatic? :eek: is there any major difference between jdm and ukdm engine? that black march is nice, but i think there is bit of the nismo kit missing on rear bumper. on the other side of the exhaust hole. ive sent that link to my mate whos after micra before it was posted here, but its gonna go out of his price range. no doubt about it.

did you withdraw your bid on that march?

autos dont get the rollocks cained out of them, plus it was only 51000 miles ish (converted from kmh) and i know the guy whos car it came out of. in 2 minds here

get the march which is so much easier and transfer the bits wheels etc seat and just t cut and polish
use the spare cg13de lower compression start and turbo conversion and transplant engine

finish mine into turbo or na screamer

ive cancelled my bids, ive text the guy and offered him the money he paid for it(400) which stani cleverly pointed out and he said no, hes a trader according to his ebay history, he buys and sells all sorts of cars, plus its rare so cant see it going for little.

PLUS I DONT LIKE THE FACT HE PAID 400 and wants double, he didnt like the fact i told him id give him what he paid for it, should have deleted his ebay history at least!

should have kept my funking super s, does anyone know who has it:down:

i know that bloke is trader. I always check peoples history. its amazing how much you can find. I know pollyp said something about autos having strengthen head or something, but i dont really understand engines even though i wanna turbo mine. (Y) I know that march was badly listed on ebay that why it went for 400 in first place. I just can believe i missed it cos it was in the time i got my SR :( People do bad listing sometimes and you are lucky to find it. For example there was black SR in Crawley and it went for 200 quid. Or ppl list marches as micra like this one would make nice 1.0l sleeper screamer :D

true what you say mate about him, i suppose if i ahd seen he bought it for that it wouldnt bother me too much, but he has and dont like overpaying :laugh:

we will see, if thats the case with the engine ill be happy as i couldnt really have got a better one

just looked at that green one,always the rear lights that give it away

only time will tell (Y)

oh and your wheels look awesome, you have to get the arches mate:eek:

Old skool red ;)
See you when you get back

im back!!

right paint and compressor being sorted, just got roof and and bumper to finish prepping and then im ready!!:eek:

though id start on the removal of the 54 bhp piece of poo, following the foot steps of frank and gonna leave box and shafts in place, move it over and hump the lump over,

today i removed all panels,radiator,wings etc and the wiring from the engine and disconnected all ancilleries, got nothing holding the engine in bar 3 engine mounts now so well pleased, oh and few more gearbox bolts and one exhaust mount bolt

just thought i d tell you ive got absolutely no experience in the engine apart from basic servicing so quiet pleased im doing this with no guides just what ive learnt from the website, so thanks to all the info!!

current picture

22102010010.jpg

You've steamed in!
Stripped all the paint off yet?

im well and truely stuck in now mate,should be in weekend, got a little bit of paint stripping,well roof and bit of rear quarter but mostly done,

all doors, wings bumpers,bonnet,boot etc will be sprayed seperately and then the manin shell with door and boot shuts, buying proper car paint no shietty cans mate, proper compressor no point doin it in halfords cans if im putting this much effort into the prep

will be ordering some frankspeed parts soon, once ive collected few more parts:)

Back