• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21's new raT 1.0 rebuild!!

satin black or gloss white

• Total voters
Yeah both colours are very good, but i have to say white micra are quite unique (I see alot of black but not so much white :p)

Whites got my vote (Y).

eh i see lots of white ones around but yeh watevr color itll be a good project
i once sprayed my k10 red with jet black gloss bumpers and found what is called in the game as gun finish-when the paint pre sticky layers meld into each other on the last coat you get a mirror finish that appears as if by magic (flash appearance)and if your good in that department of letting your previous coats go just dry enough before next coat it doesnt even run

Hmm must just be where were living then, i see alot of the darker green, light blue and a fair few red Micra (And my own is Fire Red too), I suppose black is also quite rare too, i'm still a major fan of white though, the above pictures with the white on look great,

That mirror finnish must have looked very nice Reg, now i dont often see mirror finnished micras, although some of them do have alittle bit of shine :)

Have to agree with the DIY part though, 1200 is not justifiable, especially when you are confident and know how to paint the car yourself haha, i look forward to the continuing progress.

got some more done last night, fitted front drivers side wing,
DSC_3039.jpg

made a cardboard cutout and taped on for eyebrows, will be getting welded soon

DSC_3032.jpg

removed all residue from passenger door aswell, used petrol and the end of spray can cap to scrap it of, no damage so happy about that

DSC_3033.jpg

also started on front bumper, smoothing the lines out of it,this is only the bottom smaller one, ill be doing the bigger ones after the england game

DSC_3034.jpg

should hopefully have both wings bonnet and front bumper prepped and left in grey primer before i move next week and possibly the doors

ill update with an update later or tommorow

cheers

you really do hate the bad boy bonnets dont you poppet?

im touch and go with it

drove the car round the block, it shocked me that a 1.0 stripped with an air filter and a slipping clutch is actually quite fast

however im the nob who forgot to lock the bonnet and it flipped up! reuined the bonnet and hinges, so now need another one,oops

didnt do the glass though

still stripping paint and sorting the front and rear bumpers out, moving friday so trying to get as much done as possible!!

got the boot done,totally stripped and started sanding,half the rear quarter but still more to do

may have sourced a low mileage 1.3 aswell of a good friend

i also like the idea of white to buddy, think it was since i saw a white s14a and integra dc5 that ive allways wanted a white jap jdm styled motor.

So is that rustoleum complete dog turd? i Saw the process on you tube on an old yank tank and thought it seemed like a good idea

shouldn't do too much although it is a pain as mine was mint!!!

all bumpers bolted on and fitted properly now ready for the move, got a slow puncture on front left tyre so pumping it up with a halfords foot pump every night so it doesnt completely die on me

thats pretty much it for this week,me and the brother in law stripped the rest of the boot and rear quarter, just waiting on a door,bonnet with hinges and adjustable panhard rod for the minute

be in touch after the move although wont have internet till the 6th in the new place

night diddums

IM BACK!! on someone elses wireless,couldnt resist!!

move went well all in,

picked a door and bonnet of sleeper ss few days ago and fitted them, also fitted some bonnet spacers aswell

got tommorrow off so will be spraying the front tomorrow in primer and probably fitting the bonnet pin

satin black bonnet or white?

Glad the move went well. Free Wi-Fi FTW.

What colour is it going now? Black bonnet with white body or black body would be good, not sure about white on black. White on white would be my pref.

its all going grey primer before i spray any colours on but probably white body black bonnet

ive ordered virgin broadband and tv but whoever the network (billy) is there nice enough to let me come on to the msc and talk

got some photos i took the other day regarding wheel fitment

ill stick em up in 2 ......

OMG, So many changes White Black, How about two tone and have the best of both worlds, You've put a lot of hard work into it. Model micra looks great.

I reckon Black Base until it's level with the Arches or maybe slightly above, then a White Top.

I will also recommend putting some copper grease in those valve caps.

cheers franky boy,thats a few weeks old, more done since then , just need to take photos :) ill put some up tommorrow :p

13 x7 et 6 (roughley) 175/60 13 all round, standard shocks and springs cut in half!! back axel all over the place, need panhard rod desperately!

got the front primered and bonnet pins fitted, also spaced the bonnet up, mainly to sort out my dodgy lining up issues with light and bonnet but looks kinda cool

borrowed the landlords disc sander jobby, mental bit of kit, takes the rustoleum off in about 1/2 second then do another pass and its back to metal....perfect!!

wont be too long till the cars all done in grey primer,

still need

adjustable panhard rod
janspeed manifold
fpr
cams
coilovers

anyone with anything please pm

Great work! Glad its all pulled of for you!

Interesting to see how youve done it. Im hoping to re-spray the LX I have once my SR is finally on the road! Already have a orbital sander but yet to get good use out of it so its nice to hear it should do the job! (Y)

Me wants coilovers too just so blumming expensive!:down:

DSC_3118.jpg

Epic stance and wheel combo. Those tall tyres look so right on it. I wish it still had the whole of the grill though.

Good work fella.

cheers mark, the grill will have a black mesh, just havent got round to it

although it could look retro-ee with the stock grill, id have to see, wanna go lower but money says no!:(

A Great Looking Micra, even if it is a few different colours, it still looks good. You should keep it Primer Grey it'll look like Sonics Micra.

nice one mullet, just got the panhard rod, REALLY want the coilys but swmbo says no:(:(

straight axel goodness here we come!

Superb Marty. Those wheels and the stance are a total win. You have GOT to bad boy the bonnet though :p. I think black or white would be awesome, I'd avoid anything else.

I would say matt black as we did my mates renault 5 gt turbo with full ktec kit, it looked proper stealth! Problems, as white does not come out properly if you are using a can. You would save more money doing it in matt black but with the white out of a can you will need to keep layering it to get rid of any imperfections (using more cans)? If that makes any sense?

Did you get the coilovers?

Im sure you had a nice white micra before on black rims? Why did you sell that and are doing all the work again? Im baffled if so????

Plus thanks for the wheel nut advise, i got a 16 nuts from egay!

Marty, do me a favour would you please. When your panhard rod gets to you and before it gets fitted measure its length between the centres of the mountings at its shortest adjustment and longest adjustment please. Cheers Matey.

Marty, do me a favour would you please. When your panhard rod gets to you and before it gets fitted measure its length between the centres of the mountings at its shortest adjustment and longest adjustment please. Cheers Matey.

hi mate, its here and on!!absolute foooking joke, the bolts seize on to the rubber bushes and they have to be cut off,

i can measure from bolt to bolt (centre of eyelet on each end) but it woul need to be at same ride height to work

measure from your arch to bottom of your 13 inch wheel lip, i will do the same, this may require you lower the rear more to get the right measurement

at first with the car jacked up it doesnt look like it would fit but i must stress lower the car slowly until its almost at normal ride height and the axel will move into place and hey presto the bolts in, looks mint from the rear

sorry just re read your posts, i need to fit an m12 bolt as angle grinded mine of so only has an m10 in to hold whilst it gets rolled in and out of garage, when i fit this ill wind it out to get full length but you wont want it longer,just shorter mate :)

found a great way to get my paint of the roof and back of car
[video=google;-2761827359587052722]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2761827359587052722#[/video]

ive ordred them and have recieved them today

just tried on out, wow awesome bit of kit, no damage whatsoever to the metal work, not even a burring mark, ill 240 wet and dry all over them epoxy or zinc primer and im ready to go

is it really that bad with white cans then matey?

my boss sprayed his drifty bumper and wings but these look mint from up close

200sx far right, his mates ps on the left

IMG_9939.jpg

IMG_9828.jpg

can get the paint (properpaint) with thinners/harderner/bits for around 70 quid, everything to do a full car with except compressor and gun so not sure yet, body shops still want 400 + to blow it over even if i get it delivered all primered up and masked? thought with cans would be fine if flat and block it?

for me to go that low i would need

arch roller
165/55 13's or 175/50;s
front negative camber
coilovers

would love to but still need to save

:)

yeah i had the white super s but sold it like a mug :( would love it bakc but i sold it for alot so would have to pay alot back to get it!!
cheers

for all you lovers and haters of bad boy bonnets

thought id photoshop one, looks horrible.

sddf-1.jpg

yes or no

I thought I'd make a subtle change to your previous post. :p

If you could just give me the current measurement centre to center then I can devise something with enough adjustment to take up any difference.

The wheel on that push bike doesnt look good??!!, Marty borrow a compressor or rent one for a weekend, machine mart a cheap gun (£30max), havent spoke to father in law yet bout paint if ur in doubt i can do it for you, remember u pay for what u get at the end of the day..... i understand ur budget any othe garage will charge £1000 ish for a full respray. Cans are a good idea money wise i did my roof the other day but you are looking at 3-4cans per sq meter to get it perfect, black would be even harder to do IMO.
Soz didnt Tb the other day- this is sort of my reply>>:mad:
Coilovers FTW mutha fo or doesnt mph do 80mm drop springs?......cut them down..... cheaper way of slamming it?
FOA markbognor WTF have u done to the previous pic? im up n down the page playing spot the difference its doing my head in!! LOL.

lol me too was playing spot the difference! :p
and the bike wheel is messed cos of the lowering in photoshop! good luck with the painting car looks awesome! (Y)

took me a while too but he has changed the text above it from "looks evil" to "looks horrible" lol
Cheers Mullet! I can sleep tonight now! I was looking at the pic not the writing- u was thinking outside of the box, literally.

FAO Mark - stop playing with peoples minds!

Thank gowd Mullet noticed that cuz I would have been here all day too!

Damn those pads look good, what did they set you back?

Just thinking into the future now whats the possibilities of just stripping the whole car down to bare shell, engine + loom out and then getting it sand blasted (or blasted of some sort)....

did you know corsa b coilovers fit the micra all you have to do on the front is re drill 1 of the mount holes for the top mount to sit in

did you know corsa b coilovers fit the micra all you have to do on the front is re drill 1 of the mount holes for the top mount to sit in

best bet is to use mk2 / 3 golf ones. they pretty much fit and you can pick up a set of 4 for £140 brand new off the bay. (the rears wouldnt work on k11's)

ive asked micras69 about this, he said they were far to low but look how low i am in the photoshop,is this possible

i wanted to know what the highest setting would be on them and how it would sit, obviosly id lower them to perfect stance but if the highest setting is lower than the photoshop it then = fail

damn it!!just replied with a fat long message only for it to post two fupping sentences!!

cant be bothered now!:(

Back