• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21's new raT 1.0 rebuild!!

satin black or gloss white

• Total voters
Here's the original thermostat, took peoples advice and did a test

Now I take it its not supposed to slam shut but leave a gap? Heated on the mrs best pots and pans!

Cold

62a8bf9b.jpg

Hot

cc211c35.jpg

Does this look right?

keep at it dude-i love these cars i raced a chav in a 1.8 vectra in my 1.0i he floored his slouch but i was still behind him seeing me laugh my FAO at him thro his rear view mirror
fkcing funny as fkcu it was - looking forward to getting mine back on the road

keep at it dude-i love these cars i raced a chav in a 1.8 vectra in my 1.0i he floored his slouch but i was still behind him seeing me laugh my FAO at him thro his rear view mirror
fkcing funny as fkcu it was - looking forward to getting mine back on the road

me too
you know your aa micra owner when you do that

So just ton confirm this thermostat is faulty? Got noddie, sleeper as and ferrit boy coming over tommorrow so should get somewhere hopefully

Yup, they're going to lock themselves in Marty's shed and make a whole new car out of a chest freezer, some empty oil cans and an old lawn mower :laugh:. Hope you get it sorted Marty (Y).

Ha ha 6.5x 55 you cracked me up!! Ed if that's ok please bring it with you buddy, the one that's in there now is out the 1.0 but I haven't tested that yet and no difference with temp or rad/fan as of yet

Infact if anyone has anything or wants to join in the fun pm me and I'll give you my adress guys :)

Right guys just wanna say a special thanks to ferritboy, noddie and sleeper ss

Today these top boys came round and fiddled with the car, changed this and that and finally she works!!! Exhaust isnt blowing anymore, idles perfectly and goes like stink for a stock engine, awesome!!!

Just paint now and tuning parts, oh and a service and engine flush!!

Really chuffed and thankyou all guys, think sleeper got some photos so hopefully he will put them up

And a video now she's running one night this week

Right guys just wanna say a special thanks to ferritboy, noddie and sleeper ss

Today these top boys came round and fiddled with the car, changed this and that and finally she works!!! Exhaust isnt blowing anymore, idles perfectly and goes like stink for a stock engine, awesome!!!

Just paint now and tuning parts, oh and a service and engine flush!!

Really chuffed and thankyou all guys, think sleeper got some photos so hopefully he will put them up

And a video now she's running one night this week
Your very welcome mate, was great to meet you lot, had a good laugh! must sort out another little meet up soon.
Sorry to say, im pretty sure you still have a small blow somewhere near the 1st cat but couldnt feel it.
Yeah, that thing feels rapid! great little car!

great news man. big up for team A :) what was wrong in the end?
temp sensor for the clocks was knackered so clocks were reading off the scale (scaring our martin into thinking his engine was over heating). also i think possible the temp sensor for the ecu was bad too so fan not kicking in, although we didnt managed to get the fan to kick in the car never really seemed to get up to temp propperly so im pretty sure it will work now.

Well first things first the pipes going to the carbon canister were mixed, I had the gearbox drained connected!!:eek:

Secondly both thermostats were ducked so changed for noddies spare, the car wasn't technically overheating just the temp gyage on the clocks were getting a faulty reading from the smaller sensor so we swapped for the 1.0 one

Temp gauge went to normal afterwards and car started to pur! Still the fan wouldn't kick in, next noddie swapped the relay, but still no luck

Next the engine temperature sensor was changed for the working 1.0 one but still no fan kicking in

Took it for a drive, awesome, so responsive with the lightened flywheel and stripped out, if I'm being honest it's actually rapid and feels awesome!!

So so happy!!

No fan as of yet but she's running spot in! More to come as it's only stock engine with induction and flywheel!!

A pleasure Mart,good to see the car sorted out.Also good to all catch up & meet Noddie & his car.
When you get up & running we'll organise a drive out somewhere to harass some other MSC members..
On to the paint then...

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2348.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2348.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 484
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2349.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2349.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 506
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2351.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2351.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 514
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2343.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2343.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2,325
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2340.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2340.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 495
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2350.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2350.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 484
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2352.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2352.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 495
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2345.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2345.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 952
Some pics above from sunday, include Noddie being dangerous with a blue jack, Martboy asleep under his car for about 2hours if i remember and sleeper holding his favourite bucket in the whole wide world. Damn he loves that bucket! Some pics of the A-team cars.
Good afternoon overall, glad to of helped you out Marty.
Sleeper, Noodie and me had a fun little drive after on the way home too. Shame you didnt get a picture of that woman in her standard vibe sleeper.....

ha ha nice pics lads!! i wasnt sleeping!! i was putting the inlet manifold bracket back on

just tried the new battery as well sleeper, spot on, thanks mate :)

wish i was legal in it, that would have been a right laugh

i also may have some plans for a 421 manifold now, #### janspeed and there extortionate prices!!

ga16 stainless 109 pound micra 509!!:p

No problem.So you've been out to the garage for a little tinker tonight then,that's dedication.I came home & polished my special bucket ;)

ha ha you and your special bouquet!! yeah just took some photos of manifold and fitted battery, the negative terminals tiny though sleeper?? positives fine, nice and tight but it looks like a spacer on top, can you have a look if i left it off or something, cheers mate:p

Oh yeah some Jap batteries have an ouside ring.I'll have a nose see can I find one.If not do an A Team stylee bodge ;) I'll bring me bukket

Shame you didnt get a picture of that woman in her standard vibe sleeper.....
All I did was wave,she looked at me like I'd just fallen out the back of a dog fwn Don't think she was feeling being surrounded by pumped up Micras.I've got her interior at the yard ;)

Ha ha classic, you crack me up with your crazy posts!! Franks inbox is full so can't pm him about manifold yet:down:

Noddie popping up in few weeks for some welding and some intricate special welding, have to wait to get paid to get my £14 front cross member , lame I know but bills first I guess :eek:

Well I shall be spending my time stripping paint and relocating battery to boot, anyone know what gauge wire I need?

Ha ha classic, you crack me up with your crazy posts!! Franks inbox is full so can't pm him about manifold yet:down:

Noddie popping up in few weeks for some welding and some intricate special welding, have to wait to get paid to get my £14 front cross member , lame I know but bills first I guess :eek:

Well I shall be spending my time stripping paint and relocating battery to boot, anyone know what gauge wire I need?

0 gauge mate, nice and cheap that stuff! only about a thousand pounds a foot.
make sure you run a - cable back to the front of the car as well and not just to the nearest bolt (which is what i have done, and when the battery gets at all flat the car wont start because of the resistance through the shell). proper job
yeah, we'l make a day of that welding, and il try to knock up some de-cats when i can get my hands on some flanges.

make sure you run a - cable back to the front of the car as well and not just to the nearest bolt (which is what i have done, and when the battery gets at all flat the car wont start because of the resistance through the shell). proper job

Guilty.Good post

Just checked the prices of 0 gauge wire oh dear, batteries staying in the front lads, fluck that!! Unless I can get some cheaper stuff, I won't be running any heavy amps or subs or anything other than electrics for engine.

Worked till 4 this morning so having the most of today off, thought id finish stripping the halfords grey primer off with petrol from the bumper and passenger door, little photo for you

40370ce2.jpg

Just checked the prices of 0 gauge wire oh dear, batteries staying in the front lads, fluck that!! Unless I can get some cheaper stuff, I won't be running any heavy amps or subs or anything other than electrics for engine.

Worked till 4 this morning so having the most of today off, thought id finish stripping the halfords grey primer off with petrol from the bumper and passenger door, little photo for you

40370ce2.jpg

cheers, manifold no good as its gonna cost to much for a stainless flange and to get it all tig welded, back to shifty janspeed :(

cheers, manifold no good as its gonna cost to much for a stainless flange and to get it all tig welded, back to shifty janspeed :(
yeah, thought that might be the case.

I had a look at my car and im using 4gauge wire, its been working fine so far (best part of a year).

yeah, thought that might be the case.

I had a look at my car and im using 4gauge wire, its been working fine so far (best part of a year).

ill have a look at 4 guage, i have some amp wiring power lead in garage, its a thick old bit, hace to see if it says a size on it, so dont earth on rear of car? ,cheersfwn

Coming along nicely chaps.......never seen a K11 up close on 13's, looking good! Where in London are you guys anyway? I'm in Surrey........maybe us Londoners could get some kind of meet going one weekend......

I don't remember the Cable to do the battery job being expensive..though we did dodge the earth 2 inches from the terminal :eek:
Cant you use household earth cable? my mate used it to wire up his amp and its all fine.

Coming along nicely chaps.......never seen a K11 up close on 13's, looking good! Where in London are you guys anyway? I'm in Surrey........maybe us Londoners could get some kind of meet going one weekend......
Me and my mate Shaun are close as well. would be nice to do some meet. (Y)

Were all in and around Croydon, we will have to meet definately, be quite funny to see 10 odd micras in a line! The 13's are cool, I wasn't happy with the stance on my super s with 14's so I wanted to go low and wide

Moneys stupidly tight at mo so can't get alot done without spending money for parts and materials so won't be slot of updates unfortunately, unless I get a cash injection :(

Life is actually gay sometimes ......!

Marty, I spent an hour at work the other day researching putting the battery in the boot. Not one site said to run the negative to the front. Body work in the back is fine so long as the metal is clean and paint free :).

In sleepers RaT we used plain battery terminal wire from local motor spares, something stupid like £3 a meter (had to wait a day for red wire to be delivered) and basically its just jump lead wire, if you want to get techincal then look into gauge wire but if you have a tight budget then this stuff is just as good. Like you say Mart its only going to power a couple of small door speakers and to start the engine.

I've got a really long piece of 4 guage from when I was into ICE a few years back, should do the trick for the positive. Another cheap alternative is the heavy wire they use for welders :).

I've got some wire, I'll use the negative wire that's already there unbolt it off and I'll connect it to the clean part of the shell in the rear. I've got some amp wire somewhere that I used to power my sub with, not huge this stuff but should be ok

I used to have 2 12" subs through a 2000 watt amp which was defeaning and had no issues?

Gonna cut the terminal of the positive and block connector the extra power lead on, I've got this big hefty connector for bridging amps somewhere, just need a spare battery tray so my fuse boxes stat in places and so I've got something for my air filter bracket to bolt too

Back