• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Manny's Blog!

the bumper in real life looks a lot worser. i took the bumper off one ov the support pod was crushed and found the bumper had a big crack also it was out of shape quite a bit. :eek: so i decided i had a spare bumper so i put that on instead :down:
how it looks now

an update. ive removed the overflow tank for the radaitor. was only a couple of 10ml bolts. ive found that it lets more air around the engine and to the air pipe.

Erm, Ahmed I think you need that. If not have you blocked off the nozzle on the radiator.

why do you need it for phil? i havent blocked the nozzle dont want the radiator to blow lol. frank said its ok to take it off hes also taken his off. ive just let the pipe connecting to the radiator dangle down.

my grill broke :down: when i took my brother to buy a car from red car the wind pressure must have broke it. i did a bit of modification to the bumper to open mouth it but think it will look better if its flush and meshed. gonna put a standard grill on.

Attachments

• P100310002.jpg
    P100310002.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 242
  • P100310003.jpg
    P100310003.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 222
i got my super s bumper on today also i put the standard grill on heres a few pics they not very good pictures. the bumper went on with difficulty because of the pods. theres a bit ov gap between the grill and the bumper.

Attachments

• P100312001.jpg
    P100312001.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 248
  • P100312002.jpg
    P100312002.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 239
Good news Manny :D
The bumper has been resprayed?
Tough a phase 1 grill looks better imho !
Cheers
Seb

Good news Manny :D
The bumper has been resprayed?
Tough a phase 1 grill looks better imho !
Cheers
Seb

yes it been respayed, thought its a phase 2 grill? yeah i think its better than the open mouth grill lol. i think i got the little gap between grill and bumper its because it forced it because the pods wasn't the right ones for some reason.

why do you need it for phil? i havent blocked the nozzle dont want the radiator to blow lol. frank said its ok to take it off hes also taken his off. ive just let the pipe connecting to the radiator dangle down.

overflow tank is there cos coolant expands when hot and contracts when cold and the tank captures this surplus so that no air gets in the system.

if you've disconnected the pipe left exposed without any reservoir for the surplus, then when the engine heats up the coolant expands and just spews out the pipe.

when the engines off n cooling down, the coolant strinks which causes air to be sucked into the short exposed pipe and into the engine.

when you next start the engine, the reduced amount of coolant and air just churns through the system with reduced cooling efficiency and the cycle repeats till enough coolant spills out the pipe that the engine starts to overheat

overflow tank is there cos coolant expands when hot and contracts when cold and the tank captures this surplus so that no air gets in the system.

if you've disconnected the pipe left exposed without any reservoir for the surplus, then when the engine heats up the coolant expands and just spews out the pipe.

when the engines off n cooling down, the coolant strinks which causes air to be sucked into the short exposed pipe and into the engine.

when you next start the engine, the reduced amount of coolant and air just churns through the system with reduced cooling efficiency and the cycle repeats till enough coolant spills out the pipe that the engine starts to overheat

thanks for the info polly. so is it best to put it back on mate.

I mean "a phase 1 rectangular grill would look better than the rounded shape phase 2 grill" Manny:redface:

Yep that what I mean Manny ;) but I do believe they also released SR with phase 2 grill + driving lights bumper since 1996.

little update. had a m.o.t today and it failed on a few stuff. :( inner sill needed welding, ended up with two big holes :eek: was OK when i had a look before. play in the wishbone ball joint and bush had to put another wishbone on because the bushes seize and dont come off, also two brake pipes needed replacing. works been done. need to show and collect m.o.t certificate then will have 12 months m.o.t on it. :grinning:

cars been passed! got 12 months m.o.t on it now. did a oil change i put some castrol gtx 10*40w. (Y)

Back