• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Robb's Twister Blog

Robb

Site Supporter
Hi everybody finally got round to starting my blog! Computer was giving me grief turned out to be Norton Anti Virus wouldnt let me upload images, got AVG now much better.

Here are a few pics of the car as it stands at the mo, its a 1.4 Twister, picked it up a month ago, main reason for getting it was only 16000 miles on the clock! Gonna get some fun out of it and as soon as its paid for im gonna look at some major mods (custom manifold, cams etc) but for now its gonna be cosmetic things.

micra2003.jpg

micra2012.jpg

So far i have a custom K&N filter setup and errr seat covers :) I have had a go at tidying up some of the bodywork, as you can see i have coded the door handles and the front bumper bit (inc fog hole covers). The sun strip on the back is good for extra privacy and that will stay on til i have money to get the windows tinted.

Will code the rear bumper around the exhaust when i have decided what backbox to get, was thinkin of getting one first, cut the bumper so it fits and then spray it.

More pics to follow soon! Just sold my previous micra 1.0 :( oh how i will miss it so.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Looking good, once you've paid it off, I'd suppose any mod's will make your micra whip up a storm, bad pun I know. I looks really good I wish I could colour code my Bumpers but I have to get paint from Nissan because of it's blueness.

On your rear bumper are those actually reverse sensors?

OP
OP
Robb

Robb

Site Supporter
zutroy75

zutroy75

zutroy75

There we go, photobuckets being silly.

Cheers guys, yes they are parking sensors! :) lol old biddy parking sensors for the coffin dodgers that boiught them new. Twister had sensors and air con as standard.

Ideally i would like a bonnet just like Nis' ive had to stop myself taking an angle grinder to the grill many times now :)

I have 35mm lowering springs waiting to go on, will get it done after xmas, then its tints, exhaust, bonnet, spoiler, etc.

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
yeah, difinately looks good, i love the colour, shame about the extra two doors:(, but if it works for you :)
look at the grills in my blog, a bit different, you may like em. but if you do them like mine, get some earlier facelift grills and mod them, it's easier to do yours, but they do look big when modded.

OP
OP
Robb

Robb

Site Supporter
Cheers bud, i was unsure about havin 5 doors but hopefully it will look better when the windows tinted. Also i was thinkin about racing seats of some sort (only if they are lightweight) maybe Sparco sprints. If they are fixed then the rear doors will come in handy :)

I was also thinking about blacking out the door pillar if i get the windows done, heres what i think it will look like:

micra2614.jpg

micra26141.jpg

Like the grills by the way swiper i thought about that option too :)

Abit rushed, what do we think?

OP
OP
Robb

Robb

Site Supporter
Le pipe will be taken off soon, thought it would be easier as when mot comes around it will go back to standard.

OP
OP
Robb

Robb

Site Supporter
Right got the front grills sorted, pic a bit dark but they have a fine black recessed mesh and couldnt resist the GTR badge off ebay!

Also got the indicator lenses out the headlights.

micrap005g.jpg

Also sprayed the centre console black (gear gaiter bit needs re-doing got impatient n scrathed it grrr). Body coloured dash panel to the left too.

micrap001g.jpg

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
Lookin good Robb. I did the exact same thing with my gear surround scratched it when I was putting it on its such a pain in the butt.

OP
OP
Robb

Robb

Site Supporter
Realised after supposed to take the gaiter bit off first! :glance:

List of things to do (dont hold me to it :) )

Paint Headlight cluster outlines
Led rear clusters off the March
Slammed
Some sort of spoiler (not sure which/custom)
Gear knob & leather gaiter
Tints
Cobra clubman buckets
Rev counter or Sport+ dash

Then its tuning time! :devil:

OP
OP
Robb

Robb

Site Supporter
Here's how my tasteful twister stands at the mo.

Micraaa.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

Last update lost in server hack, now have painted rocker cover, side tints, blacked out door pillars, new exhaust trim, now fully colour coded, open mouth meshed front bumper and new rubber on the sr alloys :)

Update to follow, kind of let this blog fall into disrepair a bit. :laugh:

Krish

Club Member (Trial)
Looking Really Nice Mate ;]

Check Out My Blog, I Would Really Suggest Getting Your Tints Done Pro, Like Mine Costs More But Well Worth It :D

OP
OP
Robb

Robb

Site Supporter
Cheers Kenny deffo. if there is another North meet like Ferrybridge i will make sure im not over an hour late next time! grr

Looking forward to whatever national meets 2009 has in store as hopefully by then i will have the following:

Whiteline panhard
March LED rear clusters
Full tints
some stock driving/fogs!
Some sort of kickin exhaust

Joe.Powell

Ex. Club Member
That exhaust trim, is it a rip-speed one like mine? It doesnt seem to be sticking out quite so far as mine, i want to minimalise mine a tad.

OP
OP
Robb

Robb

Site Supporter
Lil update, fitted a Whitline panhard t'other day:
Image011.jpg

Decided to see how much travel is in the stock dampers :) quite a bit apparently:
Image010.jpg

And the fronts:
Image008.jpg

Today i got some new rubber on two of my badboy chrome effect steelies and finally fitted some 20mm spacers (and longer studs) at the rear, giving it a 40mm wider track (Y):
Image014.jpg

Soooo much better if your stock wheels like to hide in the arches!
Image016-1.jpg

And some 5mm spacers for the front to even it off (although may get some 10mm ones, still lots of thread on the stock bolts to play with at the front):
Image017.jpg

OP
OP
Robb

Robb

Site Supporter
Cheers guys :grinning:, its nearly spot on how i want it to look (given what there is to play with like), just front fogs, march led rear clusters and a few other bits n bobs.

OP
OP
Robb

Robb

Site Supporter
Cheers Phil, the sr alloys are off for the time being, cant decide which i prefer lol. i think they will go back on in the summer.

Frank, yeah well chuffed 40mm ftw! :D

Stani1029

Club Member
only thing i dont like is the exhaust tip thing sorry, btw where'd you get the longer studs and 20mm spacers and what was the cost?? cheers

OP
OP
Robb

Robb

Site Supporter
Wow cheers everyone it was particularly shiny on sunday :D i waxed it two weeks prior (but had to do it again for the meet lol) and you could still feel the wax! Twas sensual :laugh:

TredderK11

Ex. Club Member
I'm not usually a fan of facelifts or 5 doors but this one has really changed my opinion and agreed the pictures really don't do it justice mate cracking car.

OP
OP
Robb

Robb

Site Supporter
Little update, had a sudden urge to modify one of the fog hole covers at the weekend, the rest speaks for itself:

Cut the middle bit out
DSC00603.jpg

Test fit mesh mid-fill
DSC00606.jpg

Smooth, primer, black, mask, flourescent orange, ready for laquer! grr
DSC00607.jpg

Here is the offending article in-situ:

Img_0202.jpg

Img_0206.jpg

Img_0205.jpg

micracoolfronthalf.jpg

Note i am TEST fitting a scooby style vent :) Ive had that thing painted up for nearly a year, just dont want it ripped off by the local apes that live nearby.

-AdaM-

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
i like what youve done to the fog light hole, but as modded said it needs to be the same both sides (Y) looking good though mate!

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Oooh I like it, you should try and get some piping so it could be like a cold air intake. Looks good though, nice job.