• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Manny's Blog!

heres a picture but its not that good. are the driving lights suppose to come on when you have your dims on? they come on when you put full beam. or has it been connected to wrong wire?

Attachments

• Picture 075.jpg
    Picture 075.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 294
if it comes on with anything other than main beam, then yes. As long as you only switch them on when on main beam then thats fine, but it will be a pain in the arse switching them on and off at the same time as main beam.

if it comes on with anything other than main beam, then yes. As long as you only switch them on when on main beam then thats fine, but it will be a pain in the arse switching them on and off at the same time as main beam.

so that means its impossible to get them working only with full beam?

I can't believe I connected the relay switching cable to the dipped beam, so unlike me, sorry Ahmed.

As discussed anyway mate, I'll sort it out tomorrow lunch.

Also a couple of pics of our cars, our lass preferred yours Ahmed so I gave her the look, lol.

3395923403_4b4f79117c.jpg

3395922945_f52cdea19b.jpg

3395922555_38277ffee1.jpg

3395923833_3c6bfaba9d.jpg

some quality pictures there. im sure i said to you that the trigger wire goes onto this faar end one :doh:

You did, that wire does the same job on the battery side, that's why I was a bit confused last week why you have the cable going to that side.

is there a way of the driving lights just coming on when you put full beam on? when the cars started they come on when on dims, but go off when you have normal lights on. tried both wires. is there no way round it? :confused:

I think we need to try that Dim/Dip box as PM'd. Though it is really strange with the workings of the pre-facelift.

Engine Off:

Switch Job

Side Lights Side Lights On
Dipped Beam Dipped Beam On
Main Beam Main Beam and Super S Lights On

Engine Started:

Switch Job
Side Lights Side Lights and Super S Lights On???
^^Same as Dipped and Main^^

This is because there is a small voltage turning enabling the relay. This dim/dip box thread will this also stop this problem?

Dip/Dim has nothing to do with it. It should be wired like this:
wiring.jpg
With or without the switch, it doesnt really matter.

the box is a relay, the numbers will be writen on it. and the 3 lines means earth. the rest is fairly self explainitory.

I understand it and that's how it's currently wired, works fine when the ignition is off, but as soon as the ignition is on and the car is running it no longers works the same which is very confusing, I had the same setup on my K11 facelift but with angel eyes and no problems.

I understand it and that's how it's currently wired, works fine when the ignition is off, but as soon as the ignition is on and the car is running it no longers works the same which is very confusing, I had the same setup on my K11 facelift but with angel eyes and no problems.

i think the wired is linked with the dip and beam so when you turn thr engine on it sends more power to it thats why the driving lights come on. :suspect:

There must be a problem with your wiring as the dim/dip has nothing to do with that. I wired fog lights in in this way with the dim/dip in place and they worked fine.

MM, it worked, lol. that box must put a small voltage through the dip amd main beam circuit. Thank God that worked though I would be pulling my hair out if it didn't, lol.

MM, it worked, lol. that box must put a small voltage through the dip amd main beam circuit. Thank God that worked though I would be pulling my hair out if it didn't, lol.

at last yaaaay! its sorted now. bypassing the dim/dip made it work. thanks again pjg. (Y)

Well today I fitted some New H4 bulb holders on Ahmeds car, these beauties are Ceramic and come with Uprated Cables, so this type of bulb holder would be ideal for those of you who are running Rally Sport or Sportz Blue high wattage bulbs.

Before:

3415109782_9fa942fb5e.jpg

3415109788_27d3627645.jpg

After:

3415109792_efd00ea5ff.jpg

3415109798_759f72efaf.jpg

3415109778_4d2bcffe85.jpg

heres a picture of my car from up above, the red one is mine, little toy car. :grinning:

Attachments

• Picture 076.jpg
    Picture 076.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 356
went down to see frank today got the fat neck manifold fitted. got a bit more poke to it now. thanks frank. very good man & mechanic (Y) also got the bumper cover on but doesnt seem to fit on properly because of the difference of the towing hooks.

look at what the postman brought me today?
a super s spoiler made with fibre glass. (Y)

Attachments

• Picture 076.jpg
    Picture 076.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 279
  • Picture 077.jpg
    Picture 077.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 272
  • Picture 078.jpg
    Picture 078.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 270
I might be free Monday, but I don't know what plans I have for this long weekend. I'll bring home some Label Remover to get that double sided tape stuff off, hoping it is double sided tape and not TIGER SEAL, lol.

I might be free Monday, but I don't know what plans I have for this long weekend. I'll bring home some Label Remover to get that double sided tape stuff off, hoping it is double sided tape and not TIGER SEAL, lol.

oh good stuff, yes it is double sided tape. im gonna try to get it fitted this sunday all being well.

jim bling dont know if its a rally part?

little update guys ive fitted my spoiler now. :grinning:

Attachments

• Picture 079.jpg
    Picture 079.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 302
noooooo

my mrs went into back of another vehicle shes just recently passed her driving. front super s bumper one side has been squashed. :doh:

that wont look too bad if you fit a new support/pod and rework the chassis end manny :)

if got the support pod sorted out but what if the bumper has moulded into the shape? its been squashed, any solution to this. will it spring back out?

if got the support pod sorted out but what if the bumper has moulded into the shape? its been squashed, any solution to this. will it spring back out?

i doubt it,ll spring back on its own manny (you could try some boiling water eh)
and you,ve fitted a new pod already then ?

sorry i meant if i fitted a pod support :eek: i havent fitted one yet, havent touched it yet. ill try the boiling water method.

Back