K11 project

#### happens, lads

Let's look forward

Would you think it's a big job to repair the paint myself or to seek a pro? Never done painting like this before and I'd be worried a bit if I do it myself.
The mirror - I checked if I could swap the base... but there's a very hard, tight spring and I'm afraid I'd have to buy the whole thing....

Funny enough, on Friday, 10days a go, I've ordered a delivery. Sat I got a fine for speeding, next Sat my Raw got vandalised and today the delivery has arrived to cheer me up :):):)

Ta-daaaa:)

p1090216.jpg

Attachments

• p1090215.jpg
    p1090215.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 967
Not all doom & gloom then,been looking forward to seeing your car dropped (Y)
Hard to see exactly how deep the scratch has gone but does look like it's gone through the laquer?You may be able to carefully flat some of the not so deep damage out with fine(1200/1500) Wet & dry used wet & compound after.Just be careful not to burn through the surounding laquer.If you can get it somewhere near good you could puff some aerosol laquer over the drama area,then flat that into the existing paint & polish up.Won't be perfect but may do till you fancy repairing/getting repaired properly.

Not all doom & gloom then,been looking forward to seeing your car dropped (Y)
Hard to see exactly how deep the scratch has gone but does look like it's gone through the laquer?You may be able to carefully flat some of the not so deep damage out with fine(1200/1500) Wet & dry used wet & compound after.Just be careful not to burn through the surounding laquer.If you can get it somewhere near good you could puff some aerosol laquer over the drama area,then flat that into the existing paint & polish up.Won't be perfect but may do till you fancy repairing/getting repaired properly.

In places you could see the metal body... I'll shop around for quotes and then will decide if it'll be a DIY job. Tanks for the advise (Y)

I went yesterday to a scrapyard to find a mirror. Price was 20 Euro, I found it too dear and managed to make a deal - 25 Euro for the mirror and 2 side skirts from Rover 400... Not bad.

I've fitted the mirror now, replaced the glass holder with the original one and will connect the wires some other day. It's black and I must tell you I'm tempted to paint the other one black too.

Have a look, lads, and say your opinion.

p1090225j.jpg

p1090224.jpg

I think the black looks good since ur wind deflectors are dark (Y)

That's what I thought. It would be one element when finished - tinted windows, pillar and wind deflector in black... it would look smooth, like a whole part

Pepo, I am really happy you've sorted out the mirror so quick...I see you've been busy recently.you fitted the wing repeater as well.GOOD JOB!(Y)(Y)(Y):p
IMO the black one stands great.If I was you I would change the colour of the other one.

Thanks, Kala (Y)
I'll give it a couple of days and make a decision. The LED it's not on though :) It's there just for the picture. If I go for black, I'd paint it in matt black, same as the deflectors and spoiler

Here some more pictures

Wishbone, driveshaft gone, alloy badly scratched, wing bent and drivers door can not be open atm

p1090270o.jpg

p1090271.jpg

p10902730.jpg

p1090275.jpg

Attachments

• P1090277.JPG
    P1090277.JPG
    887.1 KB · Views: 334
  • P1090273.JPG
    P1090273.JPG
    869.9 KB · Views: 315
  • P1090272.JPG
    P1090272.JPG
    863.3 KB · Views: 274
  • P1090271.JPG
    P1090271.JPG
    895.5 KB · Views: 294
  • P1090275.JPG
    P1090275.JPG
    891.9 KB · Views: 282
shaft popped out. Can't drive now. Can't even move it to my driveway, only 100yards from where it happened :(

shaft popped out. Can't drive now. Can't even move it to my driveway, only 100yards from where it happened :(

Problem is that the shaft hit the body of the car and I'm afraid it's bent and it will vibrate when driving...

my misses,s k11 had the shaft out and it squashed the chassis outrigger that hangs down (and it punched a hole in the side of the g/box too :eek:) when we bought the car in 99
and i only changed the wishbone and knuckle/hub (and the shaft has been ok)

The shaft bearing was in bits, had to buy a complete drive shaft. Went to scrappy today, got one but it wouldn't fit. They've given me a '01 shaft which is longer grr

Have to comeback tomorrow and exchange it if they have one.

At least managed to fit the new wishbone and moved the car in front of my house, finaly (Y)
Wish me luck to get the part tomorrow and hopefully fit it on Friday...

you can disassemble the shafts btw peposhi, you can remove the balls and pull the spider off the end of the shaft spline, and transfer the ends over etc

you can disassemble the shafts btw peposhi, you can remove the balls and pull the spider off the end of the shaft spline, and transfer the ends over etc

I've tried that...:down:

The shafts, old and "new", are with slight but enough different width. Parts can not be swapped.

Hopefully I'd get a proper one tomorrow!

Finally I got it sorted. Bought a new CV joint (70 Euro! - ripping #######s!!!) and fitted it on the OEM drive shaft. I managed to fix everything on my own. I'm very proud of myself :wasntme:

Car is on the road now and next is to fix the wing - it's bent and passenger door can't open :glare:
I'll try to DIY it again. And when possible will buy a new one and paint it. For sure it'll be next year though :)

Hi, guys

I need your advice where to fit the little unit that comes with my component speakers

ts-e170ci_cAT.jpg

I was thinking to mount it in the doors, but it's not a sealed unit and it would be destroyed by water and dirt...
Most likely it would be some where under the dash and then I'll run cables to the speakers.

Any advice is more than welcome

Hi mate,
sorry I've just seen your question about the Nissan wind deflectors on my blog while updating it.
So to give you a (late) answer, I bought them from someone living in Japan on the forum. Maybe Amy but I'm not that sure.
Those are looking bubbly sweet, but are harsh to re-fit.
I've made a guide: http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/37651-Nissan-wind-deflectors

They are very easy to find on yahoo auctions jp (in japan about 99% of the cars have wind deflectors fitted)

Cheers

Seb

Speakers fitted. It took me a good bit of time, mainly because I did not have a ring-adaptor. Drilled 4 new holes, made an adaptor (wouldn't tell you how, you'd laugh with me:p), used existing cables for the tweeters and run new for the woofers, found a solution for the crossovers (Shaun's idea pretty much), positioned the tweeters and how the sound ROCKS even with my current head unit

:)(Y)(Y)

On pictures you'd see only the tweeters though... if I'm to remove the door panel someday again, I'll add some pictures of the woofers

p1090308.jpg

p1090309j.jpg

p1090310v.jpg

p1090311y.jpg

Nice. I have 16.5cm front SPL Dynamics speakers and they didn't fit. I had to grind the original plastic (on the door panel) that covers the speakers hehe :laugh:

Nice. I have 16.5cm front SPL Dynamics speakers and they didn't fit. I had to grind the original plastic (on the door panel) that covers the speakers hehe :laugh:

I did not grind but i'm sure it's very tight there. I'll need to look at it, just worried the door panel might obstruct the woofer.
I love listening to John Lee Hooker and Friends now... I love it :)

nice one my car came with fusion component speakers in the boot and then i added some alpine things in the front! now my doors rattle and the wing mirrors vibrate tehe

Yeah... I was thinking about the same... but only in black matt - I'm not a fan of carbon looking things :)

And have in mind that wing mirrors will be black soon, both (due to the accident I've had recently).

I like carbon but only the likes of bonnets and a few interior pieces, i hate the likes of carbon boots etc... unless the cars black!? :) Yeah go for it mate should look good! :)

Браво Пепоши!
Well done!
Greetings from Bulgaria!

somehow I've missed to say hello :)
Скоро не си идвал във форума, надявам се си ОК и Микрата ти служи вярно :)

Back