K11 project

Some pictures day time:

p1090109.jpg

p1090110.jpg

p1090111.jpg

p1090112r.jpg

Your micra is coming along nicely, wish mine was, really liking those side repeaters on your wing mirrors. Keep up the good work.

Your micra is coming along nicely, wish mine was, really liking those side repeaters on your wing mirrors. Keep up the good work.

It's all your fault I have those repeaters :):):)

I'm glad you like the way the car is coming along(Y)

A little update here, lads :)

I moved to green dash LED:

I've changed 4 x 501 bulbs (the one with blue holder)
p1090118t..jpg

And it all went from this:

p1090115..jpg
p1090116..jpg

To this :) :

p1090119..jpg
p1090121..jpg

Yeah car looks very good,some nice touches.Especially like the "RAW" lettering.(Idea robbed lol :wasntme:)
I used fibreglass roof insulation in bin liners in the rear quarter voids on an old project.Nice solid "clunk" when the door was slammed & stereo benefits..
Looking forward to suspension mods..hopefully someone will come along & photoshop it for us (Y)

FFS! I just got another speeding fine + 2 points as a reminder for the next 3 years.
Ah, and another 80 guid down in the drain, instead to use them for my car
Aargh, i'm so angry!!!

Yeah car looks very good,some nice touches.Especially like the "RAW" lettering.(Idea robbed lol :wasntme:)
I used fibreglass roof insulation in bin liners in the rear quarter voids on an old project.Nice solid "clunk" when the door was slammed & stereo benefits..
Looking forward to suspension mods..hopefully someone will come along & photoshop it for us (Y)

Hey, I don't mind at all, I'm actually very happy you liked the "RAW" ides, tt's simple and works :)

I've used a mattress foam to insulate the rear quarter. I'm worried I might need to change it, cause if some water gets in there, it'll go rusty in zero time, I may use expanding foam, It's very light and does not go wet or change form.

Lowering is on the list from the very beginning. soon expect some news :):)

But where did you get those mirrors?! lol they look like they would fit in with what i have planned.... :grinning:

I photoshopped too where did you get your mirrors?! they're awesome!

Thanks for all them pictures, lads!

It really gives me an idea how it would look. mckenziecz did one for me sometime a go to, would need to post it so you can see. (Y)

About the mirrors - I bought the LED repeaters off pjg1979. He got me a pair for kalata too, I don't know if he has any left, check with him.
And yes, I love them too:)

About the lights - a standard flyeyes kit would do it for you. It reduces the headlight output though, be careful. Id' need to add some extra lights at the front to keep myself happy :)

Thanks for all them pictures, lads!

It really gives me an idea how it would look. mckenziecz did one for me sometime a go to, would need to post it so you can see. (Y)

About the mirrors - I bought the LED repeaters off pjj1979. He got me apir for kalata too, I don't know if he has any left, check with him.
And yes, I love them too:)

About the lights - a standard flyeyes kit would do it for you. It reduces the headlight output though, be careful. Id' need to add some extra lights at the front to keep myself happy :)

Thanks for that but how did you go about fitting the led repeaters? and mot legal yeah?
and i was on about your march rears!! :p awesome stuff (Y)

Thanks for that but how did you go about fitting the led repeaters? and mot legal yeah?
and i was on about your march rears!! :p awesome stuff (Y)

Not sure if they can be considered as a full replacement for the OEM repeaters. Check with pjg1979.

I SHOULD have done a DIY guide for fitting them, but I thought it wouldn't be necessary.

Actually. I'll go and do some pictures and then explain in details what has to be done.

I've been lucky enough to not have any reason to call them about it, thank god, but a few people i know have chosen to omit certain details when renewing their policy lol

Well, my experience with Traffic Police over the past few years is quite appalling... :glare:

In few words - how to install LED wing mirror repeaters:

You need 1.5h spare time to do both sides, drill, knife, silicon, isolation tape

1) Get a pair of those

Indicators (1)..JPG Amber Wing Mirror.JPG Indicators..JPG

2) Remove door panel, little triangle panel that covers the wing mirror mounting. Unscrew the bolts and remove the mirror. Remove the glass very carefully (one side clips, the other slides in, don't remember top or bottom). Find the desired position for the repeater and mark the place where the cable would go. Drill a little hole and pull the cable trough. The repeaters are with 3M doublesided tape and stick right on the mirror's housing. You can stick it on either now or when the mirror box is on its place. As I have wires for electrical mirror adjustment,
I used the same hole to pull the cable trough. Put the mirror box back on the door frame.

p1090124..jpg
p1090130..jpg

p1090131a..jpg

p1090129..jpg

Stick the repeater, secure all sides with silicon to prevent the tape from water and dust.

3) Pull the cable trough this rubber cover
p1090126..jpg

4) Connect the cables to the existing side repeater cables. You can solder them for more secure connection.
p1090128y..jpg

p1090127..jpg

5) Check if it's working and them put the mirror glass back.

There you go :)

hi, guys

I have some news, not good though. Bout an hour a go i parked outside Tesco in Newbridge. Went in, got some drink, went out and
was shocked to see my ns wing mirror hanging only on the wires... I thought someone has reversed into my car, but after a closer look you could clearly see marks from a knife or key, very deep, from the rear pillar to the side repeater.
Disgusted

Oh Dear...

I hate tescos, it always has groups of kids i like to call the 'Tesco Racers.' loud mouthed chavvy C****
normally seen in fiesta's corsa's and of course saxo's call me car-ist if you will!

hope you get it sorted mate! :down:

sorry to hear this one........worst thing is that it could be someone's local to you who know the car,geting their shoping,they see it quikly smash/damage it and just leave,low lifes

Sorry for your wing mirror Pepo, Can't you ask Tesco is the car park is filmed by security cameras ? Because if it is, there is 90% of chance that the guy who done that went there with his car, so you could get his license plate.
Seb

Sorry for your wing mirror Pepo, Can't you ask Tesco is the car park is filmed by security cameras ? Because if it is, there is 90% of chance that the guy who done that went there with his car, so you could get his license plate.
Seb

True also have you informed the old bill?

its hard this crap
proper satin worshipers they must be,,you know if you put it behind you is the best method
you + car deserve to put this behind you and strive for perfection!

pretty good point there^

your car is coming on so well and looking so good

id agree that ur best bet is to know yourself that this was done out of jealousy (beacuse u own a nicer car :grinning: )

satin worshippers? :p ya its pretty crap some of the stuff people do when they aren't being watched! I came out of work and my wing mirror was knocked off too just as well mine just popped back on though

Peasants.Worth asking the store manager if there is footage,be lovely if they had to answer to their crime.
Trouble with having a nice car that looks cared for,for some reason it becomes a target to the brain dead.i've had a few scruffy projects vandalised..

I once left my corsa B outside work for the night and caught 2 lads on camera knick the ariels off the car and then continue to beat each other with them haha. Car was a piece of crap and was on its way out so wasn't too pushed about following up on it but funny what gets caught on cameras at night :p

Thank you for the support, guys!

I couldn't believe when I saw the damages... It's soo, soo stupid to do something like that!!!
When I pointed out my car to the security guy from Tesco, he said the CCTV did not cover the area I've parked.
I went yesterday back to the store and spoke to the manager. She assured me that their insurance company will contact me and help me out, which I doubt. There are no witnesses, no CCTV records. I think all they'd say is "sorry".
Went to Garda, logged a file about it and have been given a "pulse" number I have to use if dealing with my insurance company. I'm not sure if it's worth it - when making a claim you're responsible for the first 250 Euro and the rest is on them. I hope I won't need to pay more than 100 Euro to fix it... And all that on top of the fine I got last week... Hilarious, isn't it :(

I really hope none of you would ever have to feel what I felt Sat night... It was like hurting your child, arrgh grr ... you'd kill the scum who did it

Here are some pics to show you what them #######S have done:

p1090190l.jpg

p1090192p.jpg

p1090193w.jpg

p1090194n.jpg

p1090196.jpg

p1090197.jpg

p1090199.jpg

p1090200m.jpg

p1090202.jpg

p1090203o.jpg

p1090204.jpg

Lovely job, ah grrgrrgrrgrrgrrgrrgrrgrrgrrgrrgrrgrr

not a good sight, no dents then? never than less its still work that didnt needed
where is the impact point on the mirror-from above ,side ,bottom as if it was kiked from under?

At least something positive - no dents :) I'd say they pulled the mirror up. If they had it pushed down, the bottom part of the stand would be damaged...

Back