K11 project

Right, guys

Today I went to a friend's garage and asked if I could use his tool for changing front springs. There's no problem at all and mission was successful. I managed to do everything by myself :p. Removed the shocks, exchanged the springs and put it back together. For some of you that's like a morning exercise, but for me It's the first time ever I did it and I must say that day after day I realise how simple and effective the cars are built. I didn't have time to change the rear ones, plus the fact I've lost the special bushes Frank's made for me :(. I have to find them or get a new set. So, for now I'd be with front lowered and rear stock. Can't say I don't like it though :p:p Car looks a bit like a dragster :laugh:
Will post some pics when I get a chance to do them...

See ya!

Here some more day time pictures:

p1090363d.jpg

p1090358.jpg

Then I used some of the Flyeyes Kit to cover the auxiliary lights, however it was a bit late to take nice pictures:

p1090379t.jpg

p1090378l.jpg

p1090376.jpg

p1090375.jpg

p1090374j.jpg

p1090373p.jpg

Let me show you where I decided the switches for auxiliary lights are going to be :) :

p1090365m.jpg

The second one to come once I sort out the lights for the bumper.

As I've mentioned in a previous post - only front is lowered atm:

Front:
p1090361c.jpg

Rear:
p1090362.jpg

Both:
p1090360b.jpg

That's it for now. More to come soon I hope :)

Looking good mate, even better with the fly eyes kit on them as they blend in with the surround area better. Also like where you've put the switch different but good idea I usually just wire them to my Main Beam so when I flash someone they know about it lol.

Good work Bud.(Y)

Thanks, Phil (Y) Have no patience to finish (at least half of) my plans :):)

Will get there slowly, slowly...

This is my friend's car I drove for a while today:

p1090382d.jpg

p1090383.jpg

200BHP :) I tried to talk him over comming to JAE this year, but he's leaving for New Zealand this summer... I might take the car though fwn

And this came today from Germany:

p1090385w.jpg

Decided that there's no point changing just the back box unless I don't have the money to change the manifold and do proper engine set up. At the end of the day, this project was meant to be only for interior/exterior look of the car, not engine tuning :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Car's fully lowered now, lads :)
Went to my friend's garage and did the job by myself (proud again, ha-ha). Used the second pair of bushes Frank's has done for me (thank you, Frank!) to adjust the panhard rod. Didn't put them the right way though, have to correct it tomorrow. So, soon you can expect pictures and will see what would be the overall difference. It's low anyway :)

So, where to start:

1. Fitted the second switch for aux lights.

p1090406.jpg

Earthed both, so when on there's a light coming on

p1090406.jpg

p1090408h.jpg

p1090410z.jpg

My work place today

p1090387f.jpg

The incorrect position of Frank's bushes

p1090392y.jpg

and correct one

p1090393.jpg

job done

p1090394.jpg

Many thanks to my Jimmies, without them I wouldn't be able to pull the rod and fit it

p1090395x.jpg

And a little comparison

Before
p1090362.jpg

After
p1090396a.jpg

Before
p1090054a.jpg

After
p1090397i.jpg

Before
p1090056.jpg

After
p1090399e.jpg

Before
p1090057.jpg

After
p1090400.jpg

Before
p1090059.jpg

After
... tomotrrow :p...

Before
p1090100l.jpg

After
p1090401e.jpg

Do you see difference? :p

Here's a little change:

p1090412f.jpg

I want to do an open mouth bonnet but it's not gonna happen soon. As I removed the vinyl I've had on the bonnet, the silly holes after de-badge-ing were ######ing me off, so a sprayed the badge and put it back :)

Only thing that slightly ruins it for me is the wheels, everything else i really like.

Thanks for the comment, davey1991 (Y)

I'm glad you like the car in general. Wheels - I like them, but I won't cry if I get a set of wide 13 inch one, as a spare set and to swap them when I get bored :wasntme:

Yesterday I got a delivery from Hong Kong:
p1090413u.jpg

Ebay rocks (Y)

Then I decided I should do some trial. Removed the interior light was the best choice to start with:
p1090414q.jpg

p1090415.jpg

p1090416i.jpg

p1090418v.jpg

p1090419.jpg

p1090420n.jpg

p1090420q.jpg

So, I had fun and now I got 9 LED interior lamp. I'll add an extra 3 to 6 when I get a chance.

Next might be footwell, door cards, boot lid and will see what else :)

Oh, and I removed the flyeyes kit from the headlights. Even though I love to look of it it's way too dark in the night and I do a lot of driving in the late hours...

I like this kind of subtle and efficient mod mate ! Very good job, thank you for sharing it :)
Seb

Should just buy a backbox. I boight a outrolled stainless steel tip last June for a break from my 4" japcan and you soon think meh i wished i kept it on when you hear another small hatchback rev past you.

I wouldn't buy a backbox... well not yet :p

For now it'll be just a muffler tip to keep the look of RAW rawer :)

Have to find some time to fit splitters and side skirts :glare:

My father has one of those stock Lada 2101, 34 years old in very, very good condition.

car-lada-1300-1.jpg

and this is what I want to turn it on to one day :)
[video=youtube;kfgwWnevOFw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfgwWnevOFw[/video]
(Y)(Y)(Y)

I'm not a fan of bad boy bonnets... i would have something like this instead....

Attachments

• p1090412f.jpg
    p1090412f.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 770
It way look good with the white plate ! (too much black on the picture since you blackned the plate to hide it)

Thanks for the idea, Shaun. (Y) I'd really like to do an open mouth grill though

Seb, something like this:

seanmicraorgsample1.jpg

With Kalata's help I manged to squeeze 24 LED in the interior lamp:

Before:
p1090416i.jpg

After (nice and clean):
img1206s.jpg

Veeery happy with the result now, you can literally read a book on it :)

p1090420q.jpg

p1090468.jpg

24 LEDs made a good bit of a difference, pictures can't really show it...

Here's some new addition /not the first one or the last one the do that though :) /

p1090469.jpg

airmike, If you're asking about the lowering springs... it did drop and you can feel it right away when you sit in the car. Ah and washing the roof is pretty easy now lol
Of course, this is not 50-60-70mm drop where you get serious and you need proper shocks, coilovers and etc. 35mm is more for fun, better appearance and some nicer cornering :)

A little update:

LED pushed backwards:

Before
scaled.php

After
scaled.php

scaled.php

And I replaced the headlamps with a better one:

Before:
scaled.php

After:
scaled.php

Last night driving felt like dancing and in the morning decided to check why
... And I've found why:

scaled.php

Silly rod got snapped right next to the bush housing.
I was on my way to our local scrappy anyway, so I got a spare panhard.

Bit of work and much faster than the first time I did that:

scaled.php

I had the tyres off the car and painted the rear drums with black Hamerite as I've been advised

Thanks to Shaun I got some excellent photoshop as an example to follow
Absolutely stunning!!

scaled.php

scaled.php

Looks good, especially the top one with that front bumper (Y). Makes me want to do that to my bonnet now, but I haven't got an angle grinder :doh:

In my opnion K11 is very famous model and no other model can take its place. I think replacing old parts with new is fine but modifying the original look will make your car good to worse. I really like to idea of your project.

In my opnion K11 is very famous model and no other model can take its place. I think replacing old parts with new is fine but modifying the original look will make your car good to worse. I really like to idea of your project.

If you ask 100 people about their vision for The Perfect Micra, you'd get 100 answers :)
What matters is not that there are 100 different opinions. It's the fact that we have 100 Perfect Micras (Y)(Y)(Y)

I thank you for sharing your thoughts (Y)

Some update here:

Got fogs

scaled.php

scaled.php

The other thing is I finally got a proper HU. Pioneer DEH-6900iB, old model, but cheap enough and works fantastic :)
I now have Pioneer sound all around and at some stage the rear 6x9's will be replaced by E-series component speakers(same as the front ones) ...

Soo, the music is awesome now, big change compared to my old HU

:blues:

Back