K11 project

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
p1080687y.jpg

p1080689y.jpg

p1080690.jpg

p1080691w.jpg

very solid and complete look - let me guess,exhaust and lowering slightly to do?
can you do the parts on the seats that went a little black back to white? it would look complete then
very neat!

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
HI, R-Reg-SR

35 mm lowering springs and a back box to come at some stage. Currently finishing sound deadening. Makes a good bit of a difference. Pity I'm not using Second Skin Damplifier though, would have been an excellent job, not just good... :glare:

I have something that Kev is preparing for me and I believe will surprise everyone :laugh:

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

and the seat cover was destroyed :glare:. The picture doesn't show everything. Don't recommend anyone to use Simply Spray. Does not penetrate the fabric, it makes it very dry and unpleasant to touch. I won't play with it any more. Or I'm getting new upholstery or I'll buy car seat covers...

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
nice one for the info about the spray
some seat covers are amazing they look your seats like they are real leather and are cheap
at the moment my cat got free time to rip up my sr interior-wonder why it does that? might be remnance of a dog odour-or cause i chuck her in for a drive sometimes.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Love all the sound deadening, bet it sounds like a Bentley inside now :laugh:. Love the drums, mine are going black on Saturday (Y).

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Love all the sound deadening, bet it sounds like a Bentley inside now :laugh:. Love the drums, mine are going black on Saturday (Y).

Yes, it's different now. Love to drive and listen to music. Still have to do the floor under front seats and the roof. Then would be complete.

out of interest, how did your 195/50/15 tyres fit inside the wheel arches and how far did they stick out without the car being lowered??

just wondering as i am gonna be putting a set on my k11 micra soon but dont know whether they will be too wide and end up sticking out of the arches!!

cheers

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

out of interest, how did your 195/50/15 tyres fit inside the wheel arches and how far did they stick out without the car being lowered??

just wondering as i am gonna be putting a set on my k11 micra soon but dont know whether they will be too wide and end up sticking out of the arches!!

cheers

The tires are 195/45, not 195/50. The later are not recommended for 15" alloys for Nissan Micra.
Check here all correct combinations tyre/alloys for Micra:

http://www.dtrbs.com/nissan-micra_k11_%281992_2002%29-wheels-and-rims.html

They're wide but wide enough and don't stick out of the arches. Pretty legal and would pass any check.

I'd rather recommend H&R, i got mine for like 110 euros delivered from Germany through ebay to Slovenia, and their are much much better than APEX. Look arround little bit...

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

I'd rather recommend H&R, i got mine for like 110 euros delivered from Germany through ebay to Slovenia, and their are much much better than APEX. Look arround little bit...

H&R now on eBay 166 GBP before P/P:
http://cgi.ebay.de/H-R-lowering-springs-Nissan-Micra-March-year-12-92-03-/400133417496?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d29cf6a18

Apex would be 97 pounds delivered to Ireland, the rest... 30%-100% more...

Have to see about H&R...

H&R now on eBay 166 GBP before P/P:
http://cgi.ebay.de/H-R-lowering-spr...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d29cf6a18

Apex would be 97 pounds delivered to Ireland, the rest... 30%-100% more...

Have to see about H&R...

Pepo whatever minor difference in quality there may be, it will not be so obvious and will never feel it in street or trackday conditions. Once you start demanding some hardcore handling then it will be beneficial to invest in some top products. APEX should be more than satisfactory and as they seem to be cheaper I'd go for them. :grinning:

The problem with APEX is that they tend to collapse ;) Although a Micra aint that heavy, my opinion is still H&R.
Sorry mate, really doubt that they'll collapse under a K11s mass. :glare:

Pepo those APEX springs ought to be perfectly adequate for the job, same goes for others such as: AVO, FK, SPAX, WEITEC, etc. Good luck, hope you get some good ones fitted soon! (Y)

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

I won't go for dear springs simply because there's no a pile of money waiting for me in the bank :eek:
All mods must be at a really reasonable price.

I've asked about those springs to find out if there's a difference in the handling of the car. If they're "soft"/"hard" or whatever is called... :glare:

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Interesting Blog you have here, nethertheless it's coming along nicely. lol at the MARCH mess around though. (Y)

Hi Stewpotz
Here is my 195 45 15s on my currently standard Micra

Malc

Attachments

• Photo0044.jpg
    Photo0044.jpg
    912.9 KB · Views: 877

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Just realised there was a second page, lol. You've done a good job on those Drums, do you have to use High Temp paint for the rear drums?

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Just realised there was a second page, lol. You've done a good job on those Drums, do you have to use High Temp paint for the rear drums?

No, I didn't and I wouldn't, unless I have to move to a place high in the mountain or something. The drums don't go that warm when driving in normal conditions, so I didn't bother buying a High Temp paint. It's a matter of personal choice and style of driving of course :laugh:

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Hi Stewpotz
Here is my 195 45 15s on my currently standard Micra

Malc

I wouldn't go for them
195/50 are not recommended for 15 inch Micra wheelies
http://www.dtrbs.com/nissan-micra_k11_%281992_2002%29-wheels-and-rims.html
For Toyota Yaris is a perfect fit, though

Your alloys look good!

Sorry mate, really doubt that they'll collapse under a K11s mass. :glare:

Pepo those APEX springs ought to be perfectly adequate for the job, same goes for others such as: AVO, FK, SPAX, WEITEC, etc. Good luck, hope you get some good ones fitted soon! (Y)

As i said...APEX collapse after time (year, two) and thats a fact. I personally know people who were dissapointed from APEX. They all said that they collapse and handling then sucks compared to H&R or Eibach.

I got my kit for 115e delivered from germany. APEX was then 30e cheaper and thats why i decided to stick with H&R as the price was there there.

If you think that spending 160e now for good quality springs is a waste of money....then it's you who decide hehe ;)

Oh and BTW i dont think 160e is that much. I mean instead of buying them springs this month, you can buy them the next month...right :)?

When it comes to spending money on coilovers....then it's a problem as they are MUCH more expensive :grinning:

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Hi, Lads

I've been away for a while but that doesn't mean I've given up working on my project :)

Update:

Before

p1090052.jpg

After

p1090053.jpg

I couldn't stand the SH.. I've done with "Simply (SH..) Spray" any more, had to do something :)
Kept the silver/black theme though

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Many thanks to Will(whalligan) who did a great favour to me and sent me a rear wiper motor to give me a chance to make my wiper horizontal!!! Great lad is Will!!!

Unfortunately I've got a problem and can't get the motor wired properly. My car is JDM, the motor is made in Spain and fitted to a 2002 an up models. There are 4 wires going to the plug and only 3 coming out from the motor... so, I'm stuck ATM...

Anyone?

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Next in line to thank is pjg1979 :)

Thanks to him I got a lovely set of LED side repeaters and have them fitted already:

p1090004.jpg

p1090006.jpg

p1090007.jpg

And at night:

p1090011.jpg

p1090013.jpg

p1090014.jpg

p1090015.jpg

p1090016.jpg

A friend of mine was joking the car looks like a Christmas tree with all those light, but I love it :):):)

Kalata was very impressed with the side repeater and we got one pair of them for him too (already fitted :)) :)

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Originally I wanted to put two black stripes all along the car above the passenger side. Kev was very kind to supply me with black vinyl but only when I got them I realised, that a straight line of vinyl wouldn't follow the curves of the car and still stay straight (fool I am :)). So I did something Hoodedreeper did very well on his mad lovely car... so, THX Chris :)

p1090059c.jpg

p1090060g.jpg

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

lookin good mate! could do with being lower though, other than that i love it :) where you get the spoiler from?

No bobs for anything major ATM :( Just working to cover bills (manage got rid of some:))
I don't want to cut the springs. I'll get a set of lowering one when the time comes.

Rear spoiler - I got it from 1.3GX. He lives in Dublin as far as I know and from time to time has some bits for sale. It was a pure luck to find it though. I saw an ad on www.adverts.ie and bought it straight away.

Know the feelin mate, skint at the moment :( why not try coilovers for a polo 6n, €180 and adjustable :) thinking about this myself but they need some modification to get them in though! might keep my eye out for one or maybe just a wrap around one

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

A little update:

With Kalata's help I've added a light in my messy glove box :p

p1090106a.jpg

p1090107y.jpg

p1090108.jpg

There's a thread how to do it for everyone who wants it in the DIY section :)

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

And finally some flyeyes (Y)

This is what I've used:

p1090087.jpg

And the results :p

Front:

p1090088.jpg

p1090089y.jpg

p1090092p.jpg

Rear

p1090090.jpg

p1090093.jpg

p1090091.jpg

p1090096y.jpg

edit_preview.php

p1090056.jpg

p1090098.jpg

It's very easy to work with the kit. However it reduces the light output, have to think about good fog lights to add :)

Very nice style on this project and quite a distinct good looking car you are tranforming it into.

Clean , simple but effective way of making it stand out.
Love all the small little details in your work :)

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Very nice style on this project and quite a distinct good looking car you are tranforming it into.

Clean , simple but effective way of making it stand out.
Love all the small little details in your work :)

And if I can add some 30-40hp would be fantastic :):):)

At the moment I pray to make it run at least as good as my wife's 1.0l Yaris (which as fast as bullet compared to mine).

Thank you for the encouraging words, It's nice when you are different. I believe you can express yourself with the way your car looks, drives and every newly added element makes it more and more ME RAW :):):)

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Why didnt you just spray the whole seat fella?! Where did you get the spray ebay?

I bought it off an Irish website, just type Simply Spray Ireland and it'll come up.

I would never, in a million times, use it again. Not only it's hard to spray it evenly, but when the seat dries, the paint makes the cover very hard on touch and every little dirt you can imagine sticks onto it. Absolute disaster!
DO NOT USE for car seats (Y)