• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

I'm batch biccies!!

You mean the turbo placement?

Front engine mount I'd have thought, although I have no doubt Frank deleted that a long time ago. It's nice to see a car back in one thread, such a shame that Frank chose to put all his latter posts in the mishmash thread.

is it just me or are the expansion tanks **** on micra. Just ordered a new one off ebay as mine is dropping to bits ( I paid £18 is that a good or bad price?)

I need new drive shafts too....
Grr
Frank. Do you know which ones to get that will fit?

Does anyone have any good suppliers for cheap shafts?

Thanking you muchness.

Front engine mount I'd have thought, although I have no doubt Frank deleted that a long time ago. It's nice to see a car back in one thread, such a shame that Frank chose to put all his latter posts in the mishmash thread.
for good reason

I need new drive shafts too....
Grr
Frank. Do you know which ones to get that will fit?

Does anyone have any good suppliers for cheap shafts?

Thanking you muchness.
all preface 1.0 running gear ant

Just realised I can't tax the car, it's still on the old style v5c. With the old 11digit code, everyone asks for 12. Phone, post office, online....

Gits....

If u can send back the civic rad n get a nissen thick auto rad that fits straight in, it'll save u a lot of hassle, time, n extra parts.

Yes. But this isn't the place to ask that.

You need to use the search function.

Any synthetic coolant. Preferably the long lasting ones.

Never use straight water.

I need to buy a welder, so I can practice in time to do crap with both cars.

I've used a stick before, I've used a mig, ran out of gas lol. I'd like to try tig as it doesn't seem that hard really, lots of accurate timing and setup. But the technique looks simple enough.

What do you recommend for a novice?

Second hand? Tig mig or stick with stick/arc for now??

Thank you

Mig if you can. Simplest and most flexible welding platform for cars :) pick a wire size. Pick a gas. Go (of course there's learning settings n things but its not dramatic)

Tig looks easy but it's not, and they're fussy with dirty metals n things. Not to mention the variance of cups n tungsten tips etc

Got my tintercooler and boost controller.
Should have my head gasket tomorrow...

Not allowed to work on my car...

My sergeant told me he spotted me working on it at 4am and if I've been signed off aircraft, due to a bad back, then I must not do anything outside of hours either.

So until my back is better. The micra is going nowhere.

Well. Torque wrench arrived. Looking good.

But.....

Ordered a head gasket from micks garage with tracking number.

Looking at the tracking number it says it was delivered and signed for by me on Saturday........

I was balls deep in the wife 490miles away from home on Saturday Dicks....

Not happy.

Taking this further.

Robbing goits...

Micks garage are on it.

The signature was an X,..... On Saturday I was hundreds of miles away.

So they might need to ship it again..

Ffs.

I might have done... .

Turns out, my neighbour had it, but it arrived with a bend in it. So I'm still gonna ask for a replacement.

f2fa57a65f71b5f82831cef9cee155b2.jpg

13x7 et-6

Want!!!

Drove into town in the micra today.....And back..... No over heating, no misfiring, overfueling like a stasbard but....... No indication of a head gasket gone.

Grr....

Lol, they went too expensive. But I've my eyes on another set. Same size.

Frank, upon closer inspection.... It's fudged.....lol

Radweld to the rescue... Boosting fine, no bubbles in the header tank and boosting to 12psi in every gear now...

Lol
Engineering in a bottle lol.

MicroPro will prob tell u the opposite & avoid radweld at all cost cos it once clogged up his water jackets, overheated & warped his engine :p

Ok, I don't understand these wideband controllers.... Afterall, they just read the mixture, they're not controlling jack snot...

So with this aem 30-2310 wideband thingy I have..... Can I just fit it, wire in a voltage gauge to the analogue output and keep a track of the lambda values? Cos I'm confused as frank (insert swear word where frank is)

1abaa2fb44fde11544774750009a5ecc.jpg

googling that wideband, here's the manual
http://aemelectronics.com/files/instructions/30-2310 Inline Wideband UEGO Controller.pdf

says the grey wire outputs a digital serial cable reading for displaying the afr on ur laptop with their software,
while the white & brown wires are an analog voltage output of the lambda (afr) value.

u can either:
- connect that analog lambda output to an analog input AFR gauge just for reading while the original narrowband sensors still connected to the ECU,
- or connect the analog lambda output to ur ECU O2 sensor input & remove the normal narrowband sensor. u can still read the lambda value via diagnostic consult port with software or tap into that analog lambda wire (not sure if that disruption would electronically affect the analog accuracy)

as u know the ECU normally adjusts its long/short term fuel trim during light load closed loop driving to match the programmed fuel map by reading the ECU O2 sensor input. when ur loading it towards the open-loop range then it just injects whatever the programmed fuel map says without the sensor input.

with the wideband telling u what the actual mixture is, to tune control the engines mixture & ign timing (manually by trial error or automatically with the tuning software) u either:
- brute force manipulate the input/output of the stock ECU with piggyback and/or change the fuel pressure and/or unsync the dizzy,
- edit all the actual ECU fuel/ign/VE/MAF etc maps with a daughterboard like Nistune,
- full standalone ECU

It's got a nistune in it polly.

So do I replace the stock sensor with this one, wire one cable to the stock lambda input and the other to a gauge?

I should just fit it to a voltage meter lol...

with nistune ur able to edit the maps to correct the afr of that load cell till the wideband value is safe.

the wideband controller simply has 1 digital output and 1 analog output.

the digital output wire could be connected to a laptop to use as a simple gauge readout or use in the nistune software to manually or automatically tune the maps. check AEMs site if their digital wire could be connected to a digital gauge too.

the analog output wires either replace the stock O2 sensor completely or connect it to a gauge (the two +ve -ve wires must be used in the same parallel circuit ie: +ve signal goto +ve gauge/ECU input and -ve singal goto -ve gauge/ECU input).
not sure about connecting the analog outs to both ECU & gauge in parallel (if their resistances will affect each other) cos never tried, but my preference is to run a single device per signal wire to keep interferences low.

from a simple electonics pov, when connecting a +ve signal wire to one grounded device and -ve signal wire to another grounded device like a series circuit, ur gonna get inaccuracies.

for ref my Innovate LM1 runs 1 digital cable upto my digital gauge and 1 analog to my ECU.

Back