• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoodedreeper's K11 RELOADED!!

Finished off my door cards today:

IMG_9632.jpg

IMG_9631.jpg

IMG_9633.jpg

Finally matching...

IMG_9635.jpg

ooo so you have carbon fibre stuff at your work or something? used it a bit at college and its expensive lol

but i guess your making its very light by doing that

Fitted my new Red 4 Point Harnesses today,IMO looks alot better than the black harnesses i previously had :) (the black ones were 3 point)

IMG_9676.jpg

IMG_9677.jpg

Where did you get them from cause they're the same make as my black 3point ones and I can't remember for the life of me where I got them

I finally had a spare day to valet the car,seeming as i havent washed her since July last year. I took the time to photograph most things i used and some before and after shots.

Theres a quite a few photos,so bare with me :p

IMG_9679.jpg

IMG_9688.jpg

First Step was to rinse and wash the car (obviously) so out came the Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax

IMG_9692.jpg

IMG_9693.jpg

Once the car was clean it was to take out any swirl marks,using Meguiar's Step 1 Paint Cleaner

IMG_9695.jpg

IMG_9696.jpg

It was time to tackle the Wheels,so once they were dry i used Meguiar's Metal Polish

IMG_9697.jpg

Followed by a coating of Rim Wax

IMG_9698.jpg

IMG_9699.jpg

IMG_9702.jpg

I then used Meguiar's Endurance Gel for the Tyres:

IMG_9703.jpg

IMG_9705.jpg

Next up for the Paint work was to Polish it. A friend had given me some of his own Polish which is the best Polish i've ever used:

IMG_9706.jpg

Applied:

IMG_9707.jpg

Taken off:

IMG_9711.jpg

Exhaust Tip was looking grubby,so out came the Autosol:

IMG_9720.jpg

IMG_9723.jpg

Last thing to do was the black plastics. You may have noticed i'm a fan of Meguiars...but nothing beats Auto Glym Bumper Car for black plastics:

IMG_9724.jpg

IMG_9727.jpg

its advertising my own car club :p

I'm gonna stick with the Nismo graphics now,IMO it makes the car what it is :) Might add the bottom bit or something along those lines :)

did you get the nismo graphics from ebay?

and a silly question is the rear 'micra' badge held on by double sided tape or is it pinned in?

I like the RC 350Z but those graphics suit the long wheelbased cars, kinda like what you've done already. Hoses look great.

Chris, could you do some close pictures of the side skirt fitting, please?
I got the Rover 400 side skirts, but I'm pretty stuck with mounting them. I'm worried to use the self tappers you have advised me - would there not be water/dirt going under the sill?!?:suspect:

I flipped the skirts upside down so the flatter edge is flush with the sill. I've used self tappers and havent had any problems with dirt/water getting inbetween :) Just depends how many you use :) All the photos will be in this blog im afraid sorry

Back