• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoodedreeper's K11 RELOADED!!

i can tell people are bored of seeing this car so i think 2000 posts would be over kill! Plus i dont think i could do much else to her...actually saying that i can do loads more,but its all ££££ and thats something i dont wanna do i'm afraid :(

Chris, no matter what car you get, with your creativity, you'd make it look waaaay much better than anyone else! Whatever you decide - I'm with you! You have fantastic ideas, and very own style (Y)

That was an EPIC read. Going through all of those posts from start to finish and seeing the car from stock to 'sick' was amazing. What you've done is fantastic, fair play to you (Y) and you have definitely given me inspiration on what to do with my 160sr and I think I will have to cheekily call on you for advice! Good luck for the future pal!

Im still gonna do the gear box swap just waiting till the weekend to get another stock flywheel. I may do bits and pieces in the mean time but nothing thats gonna cost hundreds. I aint going yet so dont worry

Im still gonna do the gear box swap just waiting till the weekend to get another stock flywheel. I may do bits and pieces in the mean time but nothing thats gonna cost hundreds. I aint going yet so dont worry

the thrust the facelift 1.0 (1.3 driveshafts) g-box gives ,,,,,,,you prob keep k11 longer

Got my smoothed bumpers back from the body shop after 9 months!

Average quality Galaxy S phone photos for the time being. Needs a bloody good clean though!

190531_10150445844790311_791575310_17571115_3437924_n.jpg

190512_10150445845420311_791575310_17571122_6774751_n.jpg

Today has been a very productive day for the 'ol Micra!

Yesterday i collected my new lightened flywheel:

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

This afternoon i fitted my new Cupra R splitter:

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

I then popped down H&S to get the gearbox,flywheel and clutch fitted. Stripped everything off and matched up the gearboxes. FINALLY i've got the right gearbox! So off came the flywheel and clutch,the clutch fit the gearbox...but the flywheel was wrong!

The flywheel had came off a Micra the same year,so you'd imagine it'd fit right? The new one was missing a dowel (original had 3 new one had 2). Also the clutch cover holes didnt line up with the new flywheel. SO rather than messin about finding yet ANOTHER flywheel,i said just re-fit the 1.3 flywheel.

So everything got put back together. After that the exhaust needed repairing,the bracket on the back box had came clean off around the weld. So with abit of bending and welding later the bracket (and hole) were welded and the exhaust now sits perfectly in the middle. Also we found the manifold had cracked (again),so got that welded aswell.

After that it was time to lower the back,we prefer to call it re-engineering of the rear springs. So 2 coils off later and the back end sits ALOT better. Unfortunately i've got no photos,so will try and get some tomorrow.

Driving it home was driving a completely different car! The car is sooo much more responsive its unbelievable!

i got the exact same set up in the sr,,and waiting to put in the lightend flywheel soon, got it of pollyp so must be a 1.3 one if he says,,lightend by superls
you liking the pull its got?? got to highly recomend it to others!!!!!!

Great job! (Y)(Y)(Y)

Do you have HIDs now fitted? I remember a while a go you've said you moved the HID kit from Polo to K11.
I wonder how is your headlight's light output atm, cause the flyeyes kit reduces it significantly.

Lights arent effected,well from what i can see:)

I should take a week off work more often,i seem to get things done :p

Today's task was to remove the sound deadening:

Rear Bench:

2011-03-30111151.jpg

2011-03-30114336.jpg

Passenger Side Footwell:

2011-03-30120048.jpg

2011-03-30121700.jpg

Driver side footwell done:
2011-03-30115950.jpg

Overall weight lost:
2011-03-30121952.jpg

May not look much,but i'm sure it'll have some sort of effect on the car :)

Back of the car (rear bench and spare wheel well) are now scotch brited ready for a coat of Etch Primer. Weather doesnt look too sharp at the moment so gonna leave the spraying till tomorrow when the sun is shining again :)

Next step was to start the re-spray of the back of the car

Slight rub down with a scotch brite pad to take off the shine:

IMG_0601.jpg

Etch Primer:

IMG_0607.jpg

Red Primer:

IMG_0613.jpg

Then Paint!

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

I cant remember as it was awhile back,probs in the £150 region thats including spraying the bonnet aswell :)

With regards to the OMP Cage,i have no idea which model it is,as i bought it 2nd hand from a member on here :)

Back