• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project Panda - K11 Micra - RoadsterGarage.net

10dd3zc.jpg

As some may know, i sold my green micra earlier in the year to get the MX-5 back on the road, But ever since I sold it, we have always missed the convenience of it and swore that one day, we would buy another one.

So anyway, we were out getting bits and pieces for the S14, and this K11 caught my eye. I ran over to the car to have a closer look, and the rest is history.

Today the Micra arrived to its new home at 12pm.

oaayr7.jpg

Heres Julie having a quick drive to make sure everything is in check

9la9gi.jpg

Shortly after, out came the cleaning products and I got to work. This K11 was in excellent nick for a Micra, there is minimal rust, barely any rips or tears in the interior, no leaks from the engine/box and the paint has no fade! However, being a micra you can always expect to have a ding or two in the panels somewhere

2njxb80.jpg

t723c0.jpg

All in all, its in much better condition then my previous K11, and it's the colour we were always after!

2r39xkm.jpg

The K11 still has the factory tyre and jack in the boot! Something i have never seen before in a K11 is this steering wheel, at first i thought it was off another Nissan, but upon closer inspection the whole steering coloum panel is the same colour!

f4gwlz.jpg

The K11 ran out of rego 2 months ago, hence the tow home. At this stage we are in no rush to get it on the road, I want to sort out the Mazda first before we start tinkering with the Panda.

97qx40.jpg

Plans for it are rather simple, We will give the K11 a good service, change brake pads etc and get it on the road. Then the mayhem can begin.

9rhetg.jpg

Seeing that my old K11 is written off, a lot of the parts from that will end up on Panda, and it should be a nice fun little car to drive around.

1zxxwue.jpg

http://roadstergarage.wordpress.com/2010/05/03/project-panda-the-begining-of-the-k11-micra/

Thanks mate!

Does anyone know if that is a factory steering wheel? I haven't seen one like that before.

Ayway, I bought a adjustable panhard bar and intake a few days ago. I repainted and fitted the intake today.

28twcqx.jpg

2hqxzja.jpg

This was the first time I fitted the intake to the Panda, it looks stacks better than the filter mounted directly on the throttle body that’s for sure! It should offer more lower end torque too. Tomorrow, hopefully I will roll the guards, delete the rear wiper, and paint the engine cover black and white.

http://roadstergarage.wordpress.com/2010/05/08/touch-that-####-up/

looking good mate, how you rolling your guards, bottle jack? rubber hammer?? keep the good work up!

I own a guard roller, but with these little cars, it doesn't work too well. But thats all good, cause i am quite handy with a mallet :)

yes, that is a factory steering wheel. In Portugal they only came on some 94-96 Micras...

Thats good to know! I won't be changing it ... I like it!

Smart Looking Micra you have there, those Steelies look great.

Thanks, I did the exact same thing on my previous K11.

are those steelies standard? if not were did you get them? K11 looks really clean

They are standard steelies, but they have been painted black, and a "Dress Ring" have been added.

baguete

Site Supporter
2hqxzja.jpg

This was the first time I fitted the intake to the Panda, it looks stacks better than the filter mounted directly on the throttle body that’s for sure! It should offer more lower end torque too.

Yes, the filter fitted on that position gives a nice powerup, and when it gets at 5.500rpm you get a sort of "VTEC"...