• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

black 1997 sr

camoxodka

car half done :)
basically hello everyone. i have been on this website for a while just looking around admiring the lovely cars. basically my name is Kosta like is in costa coffee :D. well that doesnt matter.

when it came to me turning 17 mam paid for my lessons and then theory and also bought the car in june but had problem with the theory test i failed 3 time :down: but it came to november when i had my fourth thoery test and did not have any confidence in me that i will pass. after the test i walked out of the theory centre with a big smile :) then me mam said you can start to do anything with the car :) and also BOOKED me actual test
this is the fun part i thought.

then had a look under the car and all i could see is rust heaven. i thought to myself sh.. . know i want to start to do little things to my car but i am new to the car world i know how to do basic things like changing the oil, air filter, fuel filter and off course fill the car up with petrol. i want to do alot to the car but have no money atm to do it. i have about 50 pound and going to a scrap yard on saturday to have a look for both left, and right wings because they have parts which have rusted through.

but my mam said it would be a waste of money and time to get the car rust free and upto micra standards.

i will post pictures up tonight hopefully :)

no thank you :D i will keep it and try and do my best to get it good again :D picks up soon been really busy with work from college. :/

bump basically had a look today in the boot to see how to de-wiper the micra and take the light out of the window which is the brake like they look easy to take off but when i pulled the plug out so that the wiper will not work. when i try and switch the back wiper on is make one tick noise is that okay. ??
but basically i will take the mud flaps of and the brake light and the wiper off tomorrow and also take pictures so that you can see my progress :D

:blush:

Right basically i only had time to do a bit of work due to my mams birthday was yesterday and we are celebrating today. sorry for the not soo good quality pictures. i will have lots of free time tomorrow to work on the car yeyeah.

BTW were can you get a rubber gromit from for the wiper hole when you deqiper your car because i have no money to get the hole filled in atm. :/

SAM_1137.jpg

SAM_1141.jpg

SAM_1142.jpg

SAM_1143.jpg

SAM_1144.jpg

SAM_1145.jpg

i know whe have some sort of screw caps here in the netherlands that people put in here
mabe you can find some thing in the hardware store

yea R-REG-SR i do really love this car. :)

and btw thanks for the comments to everyone and does anyone have a cap for the backwiper i will go down halford because i know the manager and he will give me one of them for free hopefully :Dgrr

btw tomorrow taking the mudflaps off and then people tell me what you would like to see because i dont know what to start with.

today i also bought;
t-cut colour restoerer for paintwork restoration,
polishing cloth and
whtie spirit to take the last glue of the stickers of my car :)

so people guys tell me what i should do next... i was thinking of doing painting the wheels. also i have new horse pad for the drums at the back and some brake pad for the front so should be changing them.

well basically i have passed my test today :) so it will be good to get on the road and go to a couple of meeting :D and i have about 150 quid to spend on my car from mam and grandma. which means the first priority is getting a cd player me mates dad has a song for 40 quid which is basically brand new and then a sub :), then i need to get blue headlight so it look JDM :D what else should i think about getting?

Congratz on passing your test. Car looks nice its an amazing first car if you ask me. The CD player and headlights is a good start, you could think about getting an air filter if you still have the standard one installed. A pipercross one will cost you around £35 online+deliver and makes the car sound meatier, also could add a few extra bhp :)

as for the hole for rear wiper, you could use filler and sand it down but that'll mean a paint job so can get a bit messy and time consuming. cap is prob your best best for now.

thanks people. okay so i want to go to R-tec or just maybe order a couple of things on the internet but i have been looking for a pipercross but they are all like 64 quid :O

If you're after an air filter, I got a K&N panel filter off ebay for about £30 inc. delivery or if you want an induction kit you can get these ones which are alright to start with for less than £45 > Micra Induction Kit

well i will just wait for the mean while and maybe buy a second hand one to see what they are like and then meanwhile save up :). i have 85 quid at the moment i found a cd player on gumtree for 20 quid for a really good one. so that would leave me with 65 quid. :) then headlights change them to blue :D. and maybe save up to change the clutch :D

well i am thinking of working on the car on firday take the mud flaps off but dunno yet if i should. also want to strip the whees and then spray them black, or white depends really what i feel like :D

Back