• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Andy_S Micra SR20 - Done Properly

Car engine runs great still. However now I've developed a squeek over every bump in the road at the rear or the car.
It's on standard shocks with 35mm lowering springs

Could it be
A) shock absorbers
B) springs
C) bushes on rear axel (whatever these are I dunno)
D) something else

I'm looking at stiffer shocks anyway as when I corner it's like I'm on a boat! The body roll is horrendous. It's that bad the wheels (15") hit the arch when I'm turning at high speed!

What do people recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try squirting some wd40 on the bushes and spring seats, see if it makes any difference.
Alternativly, park up, get a mate in the back of the car to bounce up n down.... And listen/search.

Is she running well again, do you ever get down to santa pod?

I don't get to santapod no mate. I will try once this car is sorted and nothing goes wrong for a couple of months lol

Fitted dump valve today with help over pm from frank. (Thank you sir)

usu4azej.jpg

ze6ehu4a.jpg

Here is a vid of the final thing. Is it correct it pulls middle in when boosting?
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/...BA1C3A6-2498-0000019E5933452B_zpsa80c5717.mp4

Doesn't sound much louder than without one for some reason so dunno If its working right.

Fitted dump valve today with help over pm from frank. (Thank you sir)

Here is a vid of the final thing. Is it correct it pulls middle in when boosting?
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/...BA1C3A6-2498-0000019E5933452B_zpsa80c5717.mp4

Doesn't sound much louder than without one for some reason so dunno If its working right.

Please please please andy stop uploading pictures with you number plates on.

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Ah plate getting changed soon anyway lol

Edited the pic now anyway. Just need sirchris to edit the pic out as that image is still on tapatalk server

Edited the pic now anyway. Just need sirchris to edit the pic out as that image is still on tapatalk server

Sorry mate what do you want me to do?

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Sorry mate what do you want me to do?

Just remove the quote you did when u said please please stop posting photos of ur reg :) as I've edited mine to pic with no reg and urs still shows reg lol

Thanks mate

Changing its plate will not stop people from tracking it. Would be well upset for you if it went walkies. Would be destroyed if my baby was stolen.

Just remove the quote you did when u said please please stop posting photos of ur reg :) as I've edited mine to pic with no reg and urs still shows reg lol

Thanks mate

Ah I see. I have seen a fee others as well. Will shout you when I see some more.

i think it should be adjusted to be closed @ idle andy, and jerked open when you lift, mine is a bit lazy like yours (mine,s just a diesel recirc valve) :)

How do I adjust it.

Also my idle is a bit lumpy now. Is this cause I've teed into this thing on the right

egyryby9.jpg

Took it on motorway and hammered it. It pulled like no tomorrow until bang! And it cut out! I panicked. Clutch pedal down and started her back up. I was able to get her started but she was rough. Pulled over and my turbo boost pipe at turbo had popped off again. Gonna have to get something made to keep this thing on. That's 2nd time it's done it now. Popped back on. Tightened the jubilee clip and away I went again lol

I always keep a small socket set and rachet in glovebox now lol

Yeah its smooth. I can't pull it off now I've tightened it more

Jubilee clips
And dunno about hose. How will I tell?

Took dump valve off. Runs much better without it on. I want it to be a proper dump but clearly my vacuum hose was a in wrong hole or be the dump valve is faulty

Dump the jubilees and get these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T-Bolt-Ho...rial_Nails_Fixing_MJ&var=&hash=item4cfc76bc37

And if you look on the edge of the hose itself where it's about 5mm thick you'll see it's threaded, just like this and not just thick rubber

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-SIL...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1c0d8676

My first turbo build was jubilees and crappy rubber hoses and I had major problems keeping the pipes attached, with the above combo I've never had a pipe come off now

It doesn't look adjustable. It's only got a air nipple on the back of it

Ok ill check next time I at the car

Ill buy some of those clips too

Mrcheese - it only has a nipple on end for vac pipe so don't think it's adjustable.

I have a slight water leak somewhere at the back left side of the engine (looking from front of the car to the rear)

Only does it when engine is running

Gonna get it on ramps to see where it's coming from. Prob a split pipe again

Good news is I put my new reg on the car but as soon as I did a journey it did literally do what the reg said lol

Right sorted leak out. Split water pipe from middle of engine to throttle body plenum.

Cut it out and refitted the hose and done a bit of wiring for the horns properly with crimps and also did a few plug connectors nicked off the Almera loom

My engine is definitely different to the Almere gti. My oil filter is on the rear of the engine. The Almera filter is on the offside side of the engine pointing towards the wheel

Also gearbox mounts are different. My mount is mounted to the top of the gearbox where as the Almera is mounted at the front of the gearbox. So my Micra must have a primera engine and gearbox

Bloomin eck! Another problem lol

Decided to have a play with a Honda cbr 929 yesterday and it was fun and such a thrill. Rolling start at 50mph onto motorway and I left him and let's just say I went faster than the clocks would allow lol then we met up and did a standing start this time I had no chance as he set off and even wheelied it away from me but I did catch up towards the end.

Anyhow just after this I started hearing tick tick tick and it goes faster when revs go up.

I took a sound recording of it.

I've no power loss
No hesitations

So my question is. Have I killed my engine?

I've got spares of those lol

Hopefully it is a quick fix. If its same one though I'm gonna go mental and scrap the engine lol

I agree with the guru (frank), sounds top end to me, shim/rocker etc.

Maybe its a good idea to let a workshop fix it for you, at least that way youll have some sort of warranty on the work done.

I will assess damage tonight. How come I no loss of power though of its top end? It's louder at injector side by the way.

Looks like ill be putting Almera engine in then going fusion and put these problems to bed

Got rocker cover off and all shims are ok. All rocker arms are ok. Must be hydraulic lifters. I googled sr20de hydraulic lifters and some people say its hydraulics that have gotten air into them and I should bleed them.

So tie wrapped timing chain onto the sprockets to not loose timing and need to take all the hydraulics out and then bleed them all and fire her up again. If still a problem get hydraulics out of Almera engine which is now in the corner of my unit and swap them all over for now

On another note offside cv boot decided it didn't wanna experience massive forces of G and split straight round so luckily I spotted it and need a new cv boot and grease it all back up.

I think I'll get this car in the air and check everything over. Grease everything. Change all fluids. Wanna make sure I limit my problems I have lol

praps its a little chunk of piston rattling about in the combustion chamber andy :D maybe take each pluglead off in turn, to try and pinpoint which cyl it is ?

I got cams off lol so ill bleed the hydraulics first. Put back together then do that.

If I can't solve it. Looks like Almera engine will be put in instead.

Dont think so..... Your engine bay wont tho. Mounts are different, dizzy in wrong place and vvt sproket would be a problem. Unless you get a pulsar gtir lump, that shud fit well.

well its 4wd but the engine is mounted transverse like yours. however there aint many around for good price, prob be cheaper and easier to build up your broken/spare engine with new rods/pistons/cams etc.

I'm thinking of doing what ed at fusion suggests now but need info before I rip this whole engine out

I have the Almera gti stripped of its engine and gearbox. So I'm thinking just swapping the whole engine and gearbox over, bolt turbo on, remove the extra injectors and run it on very low boost for now until I can get it down to fusion motorsports for a remap.

Would this work?

Whilst engine is out ill be

a) tidying up the whole engine bay and engine loom getting rid of anything that isn't needed
B) redoing the gearbox mount as this gearbox ill be putting in is front mounted on gearbox whereas the current gearbox is primera with mount on top of gearbox

C) paint the engine bay prob black

D) paint the engine green with black rocker cover and green lettering

E) put engine an gearbox back in

F) remap by ed at fusion Motorsport

Other plans for the car are to

A) new big front mounted inter cooler in customised front bumper
B) have a top mounted turbo manifold not bottom so when I show it off you see the turbo plus easier to get to for maintenance or tuning
C) redo intake piping to suit new inter cooler and turbo position
D) full roll cage
E) uprated suspension

are,nt the primera g/box,s different andy ? and you could run it indefinitely with the stock injectors if you drive it off boost eh :)

Back