what did you do to your micra today ?

Fitted my new clocks with added revvyness from @weyhey

Would have fitted my driveshafts too if the spacktards at Herpes hadn't delivered them to a mystery location!!!!

49bdb32cb2bc838a0072002845a3f651.jpg

Chris.

Last edited:
Thanks agent_sm1th just waiting for it to settle then decide if I want to drop the front a bit more but the back is perfect manifold is so close to the floor haha

aye the driveshaft & nut holds the wheel bearing & hub together.

without the driveshaft & nut, the wheel hub is simply held onto the hub support via the tiny poor plastic clips in the wheel bearings that connects the outer bearing race together.

so PLEASE azzy do not push or turn the car around a corner when it's sitting on it's wheels with no dirveshafts cos otherwise ur wheels will buckle off and ruin the bearings (as I once found out yrs ago)
Ohh sorry @1275 and @pollyp u didn't get what u ment yeh the shafts not on yeh it's been sent off for some work and I have haven't turned the wheel while it's on floor, only when it was on jacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doesn't matter what supplier they're from, the common cheap & fast design & weld quality of where the arm meets the rear pin is still fatally flawed for the potential stress of these brakes to break them.
technically they're fine for original NA spec but once you upgrade to GTIR with sticky tyres on fast tracks especially with turbo then it's no surprise the weak flawed welds eventually show up.

I've now reinforced mine with more welds all around that pin to reduce any stress points
Yeh I seen what u mean Polly so was mines geniune on stock wishbones coz there is Diffrent in looks but same shape, weight wise there about same, your right it's a cheap weld job on the motor factors one, so you added more weld and it's ok now ? Can I mig weld it,

25d5f3059c710056645b801a1fac1ec6.jpg
did the inside drivers floor all black need more cans, do I need the old seal cover back on since it's broken ? Will it pass mot without one ?
f2165a61736f4455515eab11b5c12fdb.jpg
c31b37acbfefd2f872a5ee36e896ca0d.jpg
am not having carpets in so I thought mot man can check what I done as there isn't any hidden rust any where now,

Yeh I seen what u mean Polly so was mines geniune on stock wishbones coz there is Diffrent in looks but same shape, weight wise there about same, your right it's a cheap weld job on the motor factors one, so you added more weld and it's ok now ? Can I mig weld it,

stick welded mine to reduce any stress points and no failures at all yet.
u can weld it any way you like as long as there's no cavities/undercut for cracks to develop from during hard braking

Well here's one for the books. Out with the missus this afternoon.....broke down !!!!!!!! yes, conked out in her micra.
Engine died, just stopped....pop....dead (!) funny old smell from the fuse area, terminal came to mind. Turned her over, nope, that ain't going anywhere.
Called a very nice AA man, he popped out to the rescue after about half an hour. Bonnet up, fiddled a bit, put a meter on the fuse box...yup...dead as a Dodo. No life from the fuse box to the dizzy/plugs. Turns over, but no spark.
Loaded her up, and took me back home after dropping the micra off to the garage. I'll find out tomoz whether its in the dizzy or a wire gone, that's my guess anyways.
Broken down micra....can't belieeeeeve it - as Victor Meldrew would say.

925079ad4f901c61b32836f1b3670731.jpg
880253124410432e659d0b1291fec610.jpg
231981aebb8f6d3b354d5cef0bbb2946.jpg
b953e032c28fc5036e5d773b7fa08847.jpg
8ffd34ed580928ba9c02185a2c7d93e9.jpg
just found a few pics what I did few days back on the passanger side floor Which had rotten a patch so grinded the rust out and placed it on 1.2mm sheeting and lined and scrolled it on so its right fitting when I cut it. I kept this only bit for memories I'll leave it on my window shall I @frank
4b8ccccdd455983cc200555a85959981.jpg

I don't have clearance issue cos using 6.5jx15 et40 alloys and i use 1mm washer between hub & carrier to center the carrier onto the discs
Does your alloys come out more then so the brakes don't catch ? 6.5jx15 don't they do theses on steelies only

Starting my full exhaust built 2.5 inch pipe all the way from down pipe, the beams gona be hard part but let's put it to the test as it's been before on a k11

Does your alloys come out more then so the brakes don't catch ? 6.5jx15 don't they do theses on steelies only

I made sure the width & ET40 matched the oem Ronal nissan alloy I had before and it clears the calipers with ease

k550i-1124-jpg.41541
k550i-1208-jpg.31444

Mines 5mm so that should be fine on mines then ? I know the caliper won't move as hubs are bolted on the rims and caliper is on the hubs so am ok

Note callipers slide inwards as pads wear. So they'll be sticking out the most with new thick pads.

Well here's one for the books. Out with the missus this afternoon.....broke down !!!!!!!! yes, conked out in her micra.
Engine died, just stopped....pop....dead (!) funny old smell from the fuse area, terminal came to mind. Turned her over, nope, that ain't going anywhere.
Called a very nice AA man, he popped out to the rescue after about half an hour. Bonnet up, fiddled a bit, put a meter on the fuse box...yup...dead as a Dodo. No life from the fuse box to the dizzy/plugs. Turns over, but no spark.
Loaded her up, and took me back home after dropping the micra off to the garage. I'll find out tomoz whether its in the dizzy or a wire gone, that's my guess anyways.
Broken down micra....can't belieeeeeve it - as Victor Meldrew would say.
All fixed, dizzy packed up. Went scrappers as they had 3 micras out there.....so bought all 3 dizzy's :rolleyes: got a couple of spares now.
bit of a bonus.......found this.
DSC_0067_zpsuufiluyc.jpg

and this
DSC_0068_zps5gvh1isl.jpg

Eat yer hearts out........YAY!!!!!:D
DSC_0073_zps4ymoucx3.jpg

@mikebeal Nice work! Just had a quick look on your build thread as I would like to do this to my pickup project.

Any pics of the chassis cut / engine mount fabrication? I quite intrigued by the process.

:)

Chris.

Note callipers slide inwards as pads wear. So they'll be sticking out the most with new thick pads.
Ahh true say new pads mean sticking out more catching my rims ? What about wheel spacers about 5 mm will that be safe so that way it's not catchin

Back