what did you do to your micra today ?

Hi,
Ok I begin this by apologising to the jap import purists but I removed my March Cabriolet's 2oo2 2nd FL lift headlights ( I did originally replace the jap 1st FL faded and brittle plastic ones) and have colour coded the chrome insert surrounds and also I have nearly finished completely over hauling the front ventilated discs and callipers including seals and the callipers are now coated with a Transformers mellow yellow colour which will look cool with the 1997 silver Nissan Micra alloys (the March cab would have had these factory fitted) I had managed to source and have had refurbished! :D

Andy :)

Today, I swapped the front suspension and silver steelies from the old Micra to the new one.
The weekend was more interesting (swapped the engine).
Yesterday the least interesting - cutting the front exhaust section and cat from the old Micra, then cutting/drilling out the very seized bolts.

Today this bad boy arrived let the ga16 swap begin!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435773354.144907.jpg

I'm going to leave the 1.6 standard for a little while and then prob put a turbo on it and get around 180bhp
I will be doing the swap the first week of August. Watch this space!!!!
That would be a nice start, what u doing for drive shafts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I attempted to flock my own dash. I'm reasonably happy with it, only problem is you can sort of tell it's a £20 quid finish rather than the £100+ finish I'd have got if I got someone to do it properly.

flock1.jpg

flock2.jpg

How complete was that? Be interested to see how much I get for my bare super s shell.
Was in meccano state. But that quote was for plain non-runner, but engine 'must be present' - so I guess thats where they recover the costs.
They weren't interested otherwise (or wouldn't have paid or charged instead).

Rolling shell, whole engine, auto box (no powder unit t/c though).
Enough to get it almost on the road if reassembled, barring exhaust mid section and t/c.

I got nothing for the stripped shell I scrapped a few weeks back, they collected it for free. Only major thing left in it was the engine, panels and enough suspension to make it a rolling shell.

At last completed the total refurbishment of Steffi's front brake ventilated disc's, with a mechanic mate we decided to remove the calliper pistons and replace all seals with new. Once I blew out the pistons with a compressed air gun we examined the piston's and they were badly corroded but the inside of the piston housing was ok, so I tried a spare set of 2002 brake pistons I had and they fitted perfectly with the new seals and pads in place and fitted back on Steffi job done me's a happy chappy and the callipers look cool in mellow yellow lol! :D

Next job refurbishment of her back brakes! :confused:

Andy :)

jdm mate megane type :)
Megane too?

For sure, just I remember the R5 Campus using the same design light up front.

Without comparing them IRL, I couldn't say if they were the same part or coincidental.

Not that finding one would be any easier - ebay has 1 - at £20 :eek:
So not really an option for 'jdm look'.

got 6 minilites, none of them fit, and each pair are from different sets and are all different fitments, apparently they fitted alright on a caddy which is 4x100, was only £100 for 6 wheels but still, i cant run them so i have to try sell them on in pairs once ive worked out what fitments they are

Megane too?
For sure, just I remember the R5 Campus using the same design light up front.
Without comparing them IRL, I couldn't say if they were the same part or coincidental.
Not that finding one would be any easier - ebay has 1 - at £20 :eek:
So not really an option for 'jdm look'.
jdm's shook not look.
pops out the housing for some more refined type moddings
20150703_161958.jpg

Today:
- Fitted new belts.
- Milled out cross-thread on alternator bracket. :rolleyes:
- Refitted exhaust with left-over bolts. :eek:
- Clipped in final few plugs.
- Fitted battery tray and battery.
- Started on first try! (Not even any cranking effort, just let it prime and voila.) :cool:

Weekend:
- Weld in new crossmember.

99% just bought a 1.4 SE sport+ from a fella in London, gonna fly up and pick her up this week hopefully.
Happy pappy here. She's black and red interior, with shiny black paintwork.
May have to keep this one clean!!!!!!:p
Any-one want a 1.4 engine? you won't want the car. The engine has done 59k, and is spot on. Just needs a TPS, or I've got one from a donor, just haven't put it on.

Weekend: Welded on crossmember, re-assembled final parts, ran it to temp, straightened sills a bit.

Today:
Took it to work - drives like a dingy in a storm, but it didn't dump allover the motorway.
Will fit new sus' tonight and radio.

Just need a new drivers-side wing & front & back door. :confused:

Weekend: Welded on crossmember, re-assembled final parts, ran it to temp, straightened sills a bit.

Today:
Took it to work - drives like a dingy in a storm, but it didn't dump allover the motorway.
Will fit new sus' tonight and radio.

Just need a new drivers-side wing & front & back door. :confused:
Any pics to help me change my crossmember in need of a walkthrough :)

Back