what did you do to your micra today ?

petrol tank filler neck rusted through?
Yeh mines rusted ? Can that be problem it seems it's leaking threw the arches ? Also there is no leak under the tank I think ur right soon as I filled it it was leaking and coz the petrol has passed the fuel neck it has stopped ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh mines rusted ? Can that be problem it seems it's leaking threw the arches ? Also there is no leak under the tank I think ur right soon as I filled it it was leaking and coz the petrol has passed the fuel neck it has stopped ?

yea well the test for checking for a leaking filler neck is usually fill the tank and see if theres any leaks

not sure if you can replace the filler neck or if you have to replace the whole tank as well

but pretty sure you could patch it up with some stuff if you want a cheap bodge job

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436452098.952361.jpg

Ga16 is tarted up just need to sort a tensioner for the water pump pulley and she is going in!

Can't be over flow at 1 gallon of fuel

you said in the first petrol post you filled up. With 1 gallon petrol.you filled up? Or empty'd up ?
1 you could have been leaking it out the petrol can
2 rusty filler neck like mentioned
removable in it? Can not recall this

Got my new black beauty yesterday BAM A LAM
DSC_0062_zpsksenh8ah.jpg

DSC_0063_zpszoj3wwp7.jpg

DSC_0064_zpsnty27iwc.jpg

DSC_0065_zpsq771xa6k.jpg

DSC_0066_zpst80nziit.jpg

DSC_0067_zpsl2z1acne.jpg

1436377206447_zpstvviffl1.jpg

DSC_0068_zpsnvoxg4lh.jpg

DSC_0069_zpsfzdufzf5.jpg

DSC_0071_zpsll4uz6cb.jpg
Well after two years of looking, I finally got the one I wanted YAY.
Flew up from Newquay to Stansted in a very impressive Dash 8 short take off turbo prop. Blimey.....they can accelerate down the runway quicker than a jet (really) Wonder if you could do a conversion and put that engine in a micra???? Nah! its bigger than a micra:rolleyes:
Anyways, the seller Mehul, picked me up, and then down to Ilford to see the micra, raining cats and dogs when we got there.
Had a quick look over, and under, spin around the block,( was going to buy her anyway) paid the man...and away.
Tell you what......you couldn't pay me to live up there, TRAFFIC!!!!!! never seen nothing like it, M11 is crap to drive on, and the surface a disgrace. I pulled over at one stage thinking a wheel bearing had gone, no, it was the road surface, concrete road, but the joints had failed, every-one had gone. Then you have to call a control centre to re-join the motorway!!!! What's that about ( I didn't)
Then the M1 for a while......that's just a car park!!! onto the M25.....that's just a car park as well!!!! On to the M4 blimey - traffic, road works, average speed cameras everywhere. Into Devon, the A 38 is closed, the A30 being dualled, so both major roads into Cornwall severally restricted - bonkers. All in all = over 8 hours drive home for 335 miles. She drives lovely, and returned 42 mpg which will improve I'm sure.
I'm going to do a few things to her, lowering maybe, spraying the chrome out maybe, performance filter, black alloys maybe...all if I get the time.
Back bumper is a bit loose as she had a small bang.....BMW again, can't those buggers drive???? all to be sorted.

Last edited:
Well after two years of looking, I finally got the one I wanted YAY.
Flew up from Newquay to Stansted in a very impressive Dash 8 short take off turbo prop. Blimey.....they can accelerate down the runway quicker than a jet (really) Wonder if you could do a conversion and put that engine in a micra???? Nah! its bigger than a micra:rolleyes:
Anyways, the seller Mehul, picked me up, and then down to Ilford to see the micra, raining cats and dogs when we got there.
Had a quick look over, and under, spin around the block,( was going to buy her anyway) paid the man...and away.
Tell you what......you couldn't pay me to live up there, TRAFFIC!!!!!! never seen nothing like it, M11 is crap to drive on, and the surface a disgrace. I pulled over at one stage thinking a wheel bearing had gone, no, it was the road surface, concrete road, but the joints had failed, every-one had gone. Then you have to call a control centre to re-join the motorway!!!! What's that about ( I didn't)
Then the M1 for a while......that's just a car park!!! onto the M25.....that's just a car park as well!!!! On to the M4 blimey - traffic, road works, average speed cameras everywhere. Into Devon, the A 38 is closed, the A30 being dualled, so both major roads into Cornwall severally restricted - bonkers. All in all = over 8 hours drive home for 335 miles. She drives lovely, and returned 42 mpg which will improve I'm sure.
I'm going to do a few things to her, lowering maybe, spraying the chrome out maybe, performance filter, black alloys maybe...all if I get the time.
Back bumper is a bit loose as she had a small bang.....BMW again, can't those buggers drive???? all to be sorted.

Keep the shiny bling mate lol! :p

Andy :D

you said in the first petrol post you filled up. With 1 gallon petrol.you filled up? Or empty'd up ?
1 you could have been leaking it out the petrol can
2 rusty filler neck like mentioned
removable in it? Can not recall this
Yeh I meant it was empty for 1 year so I topped it up, glad my car starts after 1 year of building my 1.3 Micra engine lol

Applied 3rd and final coat of mellow yellow paint to Steffi Cab's rear brake drums and also put on Rouge 5's last bit of shiny chromey insert bling on her rear boot handle wonder if I should chrome up her door side bumpers lol! o_O

You usually use special engine enamel but no paints really permanent on exhaust manifold
That's what I also thought, I lacquered my rocker cover with special high temp engine lacquer and that gets hot but an engine manifold gets ultra hot I would have thought even high temp paint wouldn't last long on a manifold? :confused:

That's what I also thought, I lacquered my rocker cover with special high temp engine lacquer and that gets hot but an engine manifold gets ultra hot I would have thought even high temp paint wouldn't last long on a manifold? :confused:

It doeant really last at least not over a rusty one. And the rocker cover doesnt need high temp. Any enamel will do.

fitted coilovers to the front dropped it 3" rears to do tomorrow test fitted the banded steel 81/2 rears 71/2 fronts chucked an ashley backbox on sounds nice at full chat!! the alloys what were on the car are now up for grabs if anyone wants them cheap (pm for price

) there 14x6" nissan si 5 spokes with 185/60/14 road worthy tyres fitted pics later

Last edited:
Today took my 13inch steelies off and wanting corsa b coils but reading how to fit some say have drill the top with 14mm and use the Micra top mount on the corsa springs ?

fitted coilovers to the front dropped it 3" rears to do tomorrow test fitted the banded steel 81/2 rears 71/2 fronts chucked an ashley backbox on sounds nice at full chat!! the alloys what were on the car are now up for grabs if anyone wants them cheap (pm for price

) there 14x6" nissan si 5 spokes with 185/60/14 road worthy tyres fitted pics later

Can u show a pic with 14inch alloys and coil overs on as am doing same but never seen it,

You shouldn't have said about never having a DNF then :L But i am sorry to hear it.
So how much damage you done then?

I know! I majorly jinxed myself haha!

Just a bent wishbone and maybe anti roll bar(which is standard(good job you gave me that one(cheers)))
And a wrecked tyre, cracked bumper..
Nothing major really :)

Did a bit of work on the long overdue SuperS.

A little bit more fiddling with the polly bush inserts and it'll be in on the side mounts. Then it's some head scratching to fab up a bespoke rear engine mount...
It's so clean and love the engine what is it ?

Had a look at a few induction systems last night, there's a lot to choose from.
Thinking of the piper-cross filter, you can fit it into the standard box, and get a 30% increase in airflow....according to the blurb.
Any-body on here tried it?
So many to choose from, metal, foam, mushroom, cone, ram air, and so on. Who on here has the best one ?? or think they have the best one???
Also ordered 10mm wheel spacers, waterproof car cover, waterproof seat covers (for my dogs) Other stuff as well....but forgot what I ordered now (senior moment LOL) I'll get around to fitting it eventually. Re-doing my kitchen at this time.....I love decorating....really I do :D

Did a bit of work on the long overdue SuperS.

A little bit more fiddling with the polly bush inserts and it'll be in on the side mounts. Then it's some head scratching to fab up a bespoke rear engine mount...

Can I lend your itb's until the rest of the car is done please? Thanks! Lol

Back