what did you do to your micra today ?

Oh yeah. Although, wheel alignment places STILL annoy the hell out of me.

I need to find a decent motorsport/race preparation company in Hampshire who WILL set the caster and camber and not just do what the computer 'tells them to' and ignore everything else.

I'll put a bit more time into it now that the dry roads will be more frequent. Next step is to complete the turbo air intake ;)
Few n far between. Not many have the proper equipment. Worse yet the knowledge.
More to alignment than pointing them forwards although my local alignment place disagree

I look forward to seeing it come together. It was recently topic of conversation on the fb group but the usual childish nature shortly followed

There's a brilliant place 5 mins from me :)

Had like a 20 minute chat about what the car was used for, and then he went ahead and set it up just how I asked and provided a print out of the before and after with camber etc included. Cost not much more than a crappy place would charge

The CG13 is listed as one of the compatible engines on the bee*r website, it just doesn't seem to work properly in mine. I don't know if it's because (this might sound silly) it needs a service. Cause it does have a slight misfire.

It does work tbh, you can hear it at about 10 seconds. You just can't change the 'gain' it's like it's not cutting the spark quick enough or the engine is to quick for it. Hard to explain haha

Painted these...

CFZYw6mWgAAR5zk.jpg:large

Though just not sure I should have done a layer of lacquer, seems to hve reacted with the paint... So I may have to do it all again...

Unbolted and removed both my front seats gave them a shampoo found £4.52 wedged down the side of the passenger seat then cleaned the carpet and trims Rouge 5 looks good lol! :D

Cheers
Andy :)

Fitted a boost gauge.

Hitting 5psi by 2500rpm the. Creeping to 10psi by 6000rpm.

So I need a stronger wastegate spring and a more free flowing downpipe and exhaust.

Also need to sort out fueling and intercooler as under load the engine is hesitating and I can feel it knocking....

Fitted a boost gauge.

Hitting 5psi by 2500rpm the. Creeping to 10psi by 6000rpm.

So I need a stronger wastegate spring and a more free flowing downpipe and exhaust.

Also need to sort out fueling and intercooler as under load the engine is hesitating and I can feel it knocking....
you just need a boost controller ant, a 5psi spring then the controller adjusts it upwards, and are you on about the mad diesel knock you get when you blip the throttle from cold ?

No when it's hot on full throttle, there's a hesitation that is only cured by feathering the throttle and reducing the boost momentarily.

Sorted it out by unplugging the lambda sensor temporarily.

ahh gotcha, here is the boost creep look

you can see the w/g opening prematurely because there is no controller to hold back the actuator pressure till the desired boost level, a stronger spring would help a bit but not cure the issue, and you can hear it pink is i blip the throttle at the very beginning, which is what i was on about with sir chris regarding the (limited) early 90,s ecu technology :)

Collected Muriel from Matt H, who has been fitting the rear disc conversion kit. Pleased with the extra rear braking power, bedded in the pads and discs on the way home, just hoping that with hot pads and some more bedding in the handbrake will improve. No loss if it doesn't as the old setup the handbrake was rubbish too...

Collected Muriel from Matt H, who has been fitting the rear disc conversion kit. Pleased with the extra rear braking power, bedded in the pads and discs on the way home, just hoping that with hot pads and some more bedding in the handbrake will improve. No loss if it doesn't as the old setup the handbrake was rubbish too...

Hi mate I am interested in converting my rear drums to discs what kit you talking about?

Cheers
Andy :D

I ordered a genuine Nissan clutch cable and after work I removed and prepped a rocker cover for bead blasting, I also spoke to a motor engineer and he informed me that it was not a good idea to use stainless steel bolts to join a aluminium rocker cover to the aluminium engine block due to the corrosive reaction of stainless steel and aluminium being mated together?? :confused:

Cheers
Andy:D

Matt Humphris, based in Oxford sells a complete kit (I used bits of this) and supplied many parts myself. He then fitted it all. Not a cheap option, but the rear drums were shot...!

I ordered a genuine Nissan clutch cable and after work I removed and prepped a rocker cover for bead blasting, I also spoke to a motor engineer and he informed me that it was not a good idea to use stainless steel bolts to join a aluminium rocker cover to the aluminium engine block due to the corrosive reaction of stainless steel and aluminium being mated together?? :confused:

Cheers
Andy:D
steel and alloy can react andy, but not stainless steel tho

Also a V-Reg (facelift, but dizzy engine) 1.0Ltr 5 door in Silver is now on our drive, to be broken for spares, as it is rotten...

Not looked over it much, seems engine is knackered, hopefully the gearbox is good as it the right one or rallying.

No rev counter, but does have headlight protectors.

Will list parts on here and then on ebay.

Got the car for free, and even has half a tank of fuel - bonus :)

Also a V-Reg (facelift, but dizzy engine) 1.0Ltr 5 door in Silver is now on our drive, to be broken for spares, as it is rotten...

Not looked over it much, seems engine is knackered, hopefully the gearbox is good as it the right one or rallying.

No rev counter, but does have headlight protectors.

Will list parts on here and then on ebay.

Got the car for free, and even has half a tank of fuel - bonus :)

Hi mate I will have the headlight protectors if they will fit my 2002 1.4SE??

Cheers

Had my rocker cover bead blasted looks better then brand new lol! Also ordered a genuine Nissan clutch cable that will hopefully fit without the need of packers!

Cheers

Back