what did you do to your micra today ?

Attachments

• IMG_8907.jpg
    IMG_8907.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 341
Changed discs and pads front and one disc, pad + put on one completely new caliper back on the Super S (didn't have enough time for both)

Upon trying the handbrake it didn't seem to engage on the wheel back where I just changed caliper, disc and pads.
Granted I have not bled or filled the system with new fluid.

Anyone know why it might not engage because the handbrake should be mechanical right?

Changed discs and pads front and one disc, pad + put on one completely new caliper back on the Super S (didn't have enough time for both)

Upon trying the handbrake it didn't seem to engage on the wheel back where I just changed caliper, disc and pads.
Granted I have not bled or filled the system with new fluid.

Anyone know why it might not engage because the handbrake should be mechanical right?

the rear calipers are cable operated which actuates a cam & threaded rod shaft against the piston inside.

first disconnect both LH/RH handbrake cables & check they're lubed and sliding smoothly.
make sure the handbrake swing arms on both rear calipers are springing back after manually swinging em On with some pliers. must not remain sticking or seized on.
refit the cables, adjust the cable end nut under handbrake lever till there's no slack when fully down,
make sure the petruding pin on the inner pads are aligned with one of the 4 sided notches on the rear caliper pistons (use needle pliers to adjust piston angle),
bleed the fluid,
apply foot brake afew times to hydraulically push the piston snug against the pads and also slide the piston along the threaded handbrake self-adjuster shaft inside.
now apply handbrake and it should be on within 7 clicks.

so using the hydraulics 1st will automatically adjusts the handbrake mech while the cable system uses that final adjustment to nudge/engage the piston.

the main handbrake cable splits off into the 2 LH/RH cable via equaliser bar underneath, which has a limited amount of travel/give if there's an unequal balance.
this basically means that if one of the cables/swing arms was seized, the equaliser bar can still swing only afew degrees to pull on the other cable.
but once the bar can't swing any further and the old seized cable is stuck solid, the other unstuck cable can't be pulled any further to ensure the working caliper is fully engaged, hence why u should check for sticking mechanisms.

That's the one. Was in Japanese Performance (or similar magazine) a few years ago.
250hp with odd combo of parts. Will hit 300hp too but the owner didn't want to put that much more into it
Probably the usual money aspect, that's the thing that seems to makes people sour.

I'd personally like to catch up with the chap, maybe have a meet up at Matt's.
I've already got my coat Dave

I simply can't afford anymore to build a car how I would like. So if someone can I'd love to follow with great interest. The white one above is a prime example

Thank you for the great answer. "Hopefully" the other caliper is seized because the one that I changed already was in very bad shape and very stiff.

Once again, thank you. It gives me hope.

when I first brought my micra, mine was originally doing the same thing, sticky rusted caliper swingarm and equaliser at an odd angle.

replaced and/or completely rebuilt whole calipers fresh and they both worked strongly.

another thing. if it's been lowered, good idea to readjust the rear brake load sensing bias valve to ensure the rears are getting enough pressure and fully releasing
https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/ho...-bias-compensator-valve-after-lowering.48457/

Border 100 rally complete, had 3 hours sleep and I feel dodgy!
Excellent rally of "what ifs" because without losing 8 minutes in a farm and getting stuck in traffic, and without picking up a fail, we would have had 13th (of 71), 5th in Expert class(chuffed with this) and 1st 1400!

edit: I have a feeling the section we dropped 8 minutes on was scrubbed so that's irrelevant now:p Still could have had 21st O/A and 1st 1400 though!

Unfortunately that wasn't the case.. One fail and the dropped time put us down to 38th(which I'm still very pleased with!) and 11th expert.

Awaiting more photos because I'm positive there are some crackers to come!
cd33402cce3c6417a9e33be036c20119.jpg

Did lose the rear bumper in the mentioned farm trying to turn around in a lane. Whoops :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I got a nice price on two brand new rear calipers a while back and my old ones always worked pretty badly.
Wouldn't you know it, now that both are changed and bled the hand brake worked ok. Tightened the wire as well and now works as intended.

All new discs, pads and rear calipers and fixed seized generator. Now only need to tighten coilovers and rear dampers as there is some knocking going on and make brake line brackets up front for the Corsa coilovers.

Getting ready to sell the thing as I live abroad :'(

Thanks again :)

I got a nice price on two brand new rear calipers a while back and my old ones always worked pretty badly.
Wouldn't you know it, now that both are changed and bled the hand brake worked ok. Tightened the wire as well and now works as intended.

All new discs, pads and rear calipers and fixed seized generator. Now only need to tighten coilovers and rear dampers as there is some knocking going on and make brake line brackets up front for the Corsa coilovers.

Getting ready to sell the thing as I live abroad :'(

Thanks again :)

Good work, tis nice when things work.

This :-

Another view :-

At Oxford MC's Autosolo at Finmere. Finished 5th overall in the Nat B / BTRDA Championship event and 3rd in class and 2nd Micra.

deals done, getting my old minilites back as im swapping my banded steels for a v8 for my old mans triumph (yes read that right), mirror polish lip and candy pink powdercoat centres for after japfest when i paint her like a hakosuka, hakomicra!

Picked up a Micra at last, more out of frustration. Been checking out 1.3/1.4 3drs near me but they've all been rust buckets or one car journey away from falling to bits, then the other half found a 1.0 5dr heap on Gumtree for £350. Knocked the price down a whopping £30 and toddled off home with it:

xMOukWV.jpg

5VdAhZN.jpg

Urgent things that need doing is the exhaust - got that lovely dizzy feeling after driving into work this morning so Im guessing theres a leak somewhere - and the front electric windows need fixing (which would have been handy with the leaky exhaust).

Finally got a wrap around spoiler! Much love to @davyboy! Only problem I'm having is getting my standard one off. It prevoulsy snapped off so I had to reattach using tiger seal. The stuff is so strong I could almost lift the car by the spoiler! Any advice peeps? Can this stuff be dissolved or removed without damaging my paintwork?

Finally got a wrap around spoiler! Much love to @davyboy! Only problem I'm having is getting my standard one off. It prevoulsy snapped off so I had to reattach using tiger seal. The stuff is so strong I could almost lift the car by the spoiler! Any advice peeps? Can this sufficient be dissolved or removed without damaging my paintwork?

If its the same stuff used on the bump strips, then use fishing line to cut through it. Then a heat gun and petrol to remove the rest off the car, takes ages

Sadly its not the stock glue, the spoiler snapped a while back so I stuck it back on with some super strong adhesive :( but might try the fishing line idea!

Hello Irish. Have a go with a sharp wood chisel :eek: No, really, go real slow at it and any marks you make are under the new spoiler.
Fix your new spoiler with stixall from your local plastics company, you won't need to bolt it, it won't move mate......trust me it is the best.
As well as being a top adhesive, it remains supple enough to run a wire under at a later date if you want to transfer it to another micra.

Finally got a wrap around spoiler! Much love to @davyboy! Only problem I'm having is getting my standard one off. It prevoulsy snapped off so I had to reattach using tiger seal. The stuff is so strong I could almost lift the car by the spoiler! Any advice peeps? Can this stuff be dissolved or removed without damaging my paintwork?

Found this info: http://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/740033-how-to-remove-silicone-tigerseal.html

Seems pretty much like its going to be bucket loads of elbow grease and Bug & Tar remover, or bite the bullet and carve that stuff off followed by a repaint of the butchered areas. :/

Found this info: http://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/740033-how-to-remove-silicone-tigerseal.html

Seems pretty much like its going to be bucket loads of elbow grease and Bug & Tar remover, or bite the bullet and carve that stuff off followed by a repaint of the butchered areas. :/
Will give anything a try, would rather not butcher the paintowrk even if its being hidden under another spoiler. Ive also read acetone breaks down the adhesive so will give that a shot too, no matter what its gonna be a right PITA

Will give anything a try, would rather not butcher the paintowrk even if its being hidden under another spoiler. Ive also read acetone breaks down the adhesive so will give that a shot too, no matter what its gonna be a right PITA

Film yourself trying the different methods to get the spoiler off, upload to YouTube, then send the video to tigerseal company with the strap, "This is how strong your stuff is.". With a bit of luck they may use you as a viral social media marketing stunt and you'll get a few pennies to cover your damage...?

Probably not, but its nice to daydream. :p

I got the horn this morning.......

My dad had a setup in one of his Landrovers once using a BR loco horn and a dive cylinder. Thing was so loud it would shake the whole cab about.

People would just swerve madly in shock if you let it off. This was way before Horn Blasters ever came to light mind with in car pumps and local air reservoirs.

My dad had a setup in one of his Landrovers once using a BR loco horn and a dive cylinder. Thing was so loud it would shake the whole cab about.

People would just swerve madly in shock if you let it off. This was way before Horn Blasters ever came to light mind with in car pumps and local air reservoirs.

like this? :D

Goodies arrived. Gonna get ready for mot and try and stop the cheap chinese radio from humming

Attachments

• 1430333959943.jpg
    1430333959943.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 239
  • 1430333985869.jpg
    1430333985869.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 1430334025185.jpg
    1430334025185.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 233
  • 1430334058468.jpg
    1430334058468.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 241
  • 1430334078045.jpg
    1430334078045.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 1430334105197.jpg
    1430334105197.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 211
Took the seat out of my road car and cut the foam out of the bottom..
After driving the rally car with a bucket seat, I nearly fall over going back in my road car!

After sitting in Jordan's car the foam mod is actually pretty cool. It does feel like your kinda sat in a bucket seat lol
Or at the very least your not going anywhere hahah

Back