what did you do to your micra today ?

When I first took the rear numberplate off, most of the paint came off with it, so it's been a mess for about a year!
Seeing as I have the March lights I'm trying to sort it :)
26872f0bb49c385ce8222c80ba0d271d.jpg

Not bothering properly with bits under the plate haha
5bd14cb1819331c25e97323758ba7a3d.jpg

Going to carry on tomorrow :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

went to my brothers to get the suspension up and rear brake cylinders and handbrake adjusted for mot, 2 weeks until japfest so better get it done next week! got a photo on the way

Never spray to an edge!!! No0b

I'm not spraying the whole boot to have it possibly not match!
It's only a bit of fun and there's a K11 the same colour over the scrappies atm.
I'm going to buy a new pad for the DA and try flatten it out soon. It looks good from a distance!
The plan was to remove the marks in the lacquer from the original boot handle, hence its outside the recess
4e621515b902d8bdac67ce3722471262.jpg

I'm not spraying the whole boot to have it possibly not match!
It's only a bit of fun and there's a K11 the same colour over the scrappies atm.
I'm going to buy a new pad for the DA and try flatten it out soon. It looks good from a distance!
The plan was to remove the marks in the lacquer from the original boot handle, hence its outside the recess
4e621515b902d8bdac67ce3722471262.jpg

Just mask more than you think you'll need to paint :p

I'm liking that carbon wrap Irish, that's going to be copied I would think. Loving the two tone as well......always looks classy.
A bit of Cornwall in Ireland YAY c'mon the the Celts :D
Its just plain matt black, not carbon but yeah gotta admit i like how the two tone turned out! Sure shes collecting parts from all over the world haha

Weighed an SR20
Sick of the GA16s are heavier than SRs argument...
SR20 - 202kg
GA16 - 138kg
64 kg difference. Weight of me
May be a few kg discrepancy, the scales cost £3 and fluid quantities etc
1430776184256.jpg

1430776195698.jpg

1430776206535.jpg

So that settles that one
Back in its K10 it goes

Based on those figures does the 1.6 give better performance? Weight to power and all that.
On-par Horsepower wise
31% better torque wise
Given that the difference is so big in weight and the mounting location in the same car puts the weight centre approx 40mm further forward
Quick maths makes the GA a far superior choice for a better overall package

Last edited:
Weighed an SR20
Sick of the GA16s are heavier than SRs argument...
SR20 - 202kg
GA16 - 138kg
64 kg difference. Weight of me
May be a few kg discrepancy, the scales cost £3 and fluid quantities etc
View attachment 41450
View attachment 41451
View attachment 41452

So that settles that one
Back in its K10 it goes
most of that difference is in the g/box tho aint it andy, an sr with a CG f/w clutch and g/box would be cool.
a CG+t is cooler still tho :)

most of that difference is in the g/box tho aint it andy, an sr with a CG f/w clutch and g/box would be cool.
a CG+t is cooler still tho :)
Things are a little calmer here. No flamesuit needed :p
I haven't weighed the gearbox independently but I will do each on their own when it's out the final time :)

Things are a little calmer here. No flamesuit needed :p
I haven't weighed the gearbox independently but I will do each on their own when it's out the final time :)
i think you will find naff-all difference in weight of the actual engines andy, especially if you fit aftermarket exh mani,s and flywheel assy,s to both

New fuel and air filters, new thermostat (high flow), drained coolant and started flushing radiator.

Roof mountings for sand ladders partially built, roof mountings for 8x spotlights built (5 spotlights fitted, remainder waiting for delivery).

Broke windscreen :( while welding the roof rack. Need a new windscreen.

Sump guard mostly done, just needs some reinforcement of the front cross-member as I'm not convinced by it.

Ordered gas shocks and raising springs, should be here by the weekend.

Oh wait, that wasn't today :p that was over the long bank holiday!

New fuel and air filters, new thermostat (high flow), drained coolant and started flushing radiator.

Roof mountings for sand ladders partially built, roof mountings for 8x spotlights built (5 spotlights fitted, remainder waiting for delivery).

Broke windscreen :( while welding the roof rack. Need a new windscreen.

Sump guard mostly done, just needs some reinforcement of the front cross-member as I'm not convinced by it.

Ordered gas shocks and raising springs, should be here by the weekend.

Oh wait, that wasn't today :p that was over the long bank holiday!

When do we get to see some pictures of this beast?

What's a scatter rally ?

It's like a treasure hunt, but competitive, no set route, and you get points for visiting points, which you find by solving clues (navigation), drive there find answer to question i.e. name of farm, move to next point. Highest points wins. Harder work when navving and driving...

Back