what did you do to your micra today ?

WDIDT ?
bought some late model alto rear springs :)
i,m carrying more work tools in the boot nowadays, so needed a +20mm buttock lift

PB170304.JPG
PB170312.JPG

:oops:
have you checked the deg either side of tdc that the tappet clearance drops to zero wehey ? (the lobe contact moment that the tappet ceases to spin)
No I haven't Frank. This was on the 1.0L. I was taking the cams out to put in the 1.3 build and was rushing to get it done before it rained. I fired up the 1.0L and although it drove fine, it would tickover really lumpy. When I checked I had advanced the inlet by 1 tooth :oops:

got sent photos of my wheels, looks brand new compared to when i got them! shotblasted, pure white powdercoat, centre bore widened to fit, beaaaaaaautiful!

Attachments

• pure.jpg
    pure.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 265
  • puree.jpg
    puree.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 305
Gave myself 15 bhp :)

Started smoothing out my bumper... Gave it a quick blast of paint just to hide the filler during the week so it doesn't look too ridiculous:p bumper coming off at the weekend...more filler, a **** ton of primer and firmly crossed fingers! Gonna get fog light surrounds and paint them black with the black mesh between them too...i think that'll do me for aesthetics then! Onto performance gains after that:)

What I did today was un-speed related!
Removed the corroded badly crimped headlight connections and fitted the one off ebay, soldered and heat shrinked (last pic is pre-shrinking the wrap).
Trouble is I have no power in the garage so was running an invertor off the battery to run the soldering iron and flattened the battery! D'oh. Had to push it on my own to the other side of the carpark close enough to get my jump leads off the other car an start the micra!! Could hear the HT leads breaking down in the small amount of rain that was falling so defo fitting new leads, cap, rotor and plugs soon! :)

Cruddy old bodged job:

New ebay connector block

Now fitted:

Wdidt...... meh.... found out I have a slow puncture not in just one tyre.... or two.... but all four! Yeap.... dont even know how -.-

Then went to start the car .... dead as a dodo :( after a bump start kindly from micra pro she started, but still...... wasnt chuffed!

Then spent the rest of the afternoon laying under toms car in the rain..... great day had by all! X

Last weekend we did Wales Rally GB!

Full blog update to follow later, but here is one of the best stages on-board :-

Finished 50th overall (94 starters), 5th in class (9 in class) and 1st of three Micra's.... oh and snapped a wishbone!!!!

Full blog update to follow later, but here is one of the best stages on-board :-

Finished 50th overall (94 starters), 5th in class (9 in class) and 1st of three Micra's.... oh and snapped a wishbone!!!!

what do you put on your windscreen? it clears so well

Offside headlight stopped working last night...so I drove home with my front fogs on...

So...anyway, I thought I'd whip the bulb out this morning and pick up a new one in the way in...

Bulb was fine.

Bulb socket was melted.

Sweet.

Bought new socket.

I think it may have been Satan himself...melting my hardware with his firey finger...

if its melted there then check the fusebox under the bonnet the 2 15 amp headlight ones replace loads of thease back in the day! v common fault

most of the time its because owners dont realise that the bulb connector has 2 little tangs that lock into the bulb, so if you dont squeeze the sides of the connector it does,nt slide off.
so they butcher it off and then it overheats (poor electrical connection)

Did both mine due to the damage it did to my fuse box...
Then changed chloes for good measure a few weeks after haha noticed one of my new ones is a little black now...
Did you get ceramic ones @Magpie42

got my wheels back, taking them to my brothers to get tyres on in lunch break tomorrow then get hold of some wheel wax to protect them and get them on!

Attachments

• rims.jpg
    rims.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 271
I replaced mine with ceramic....way to go.

What are these ceramic one of which you speak? Have I done wrong with my repair above, guessing that the previous owner bodged it because a connector melted and didn't have the brains to do it properly!! What damage would I be looking at in the fuse box and what do you have to change?

May LH one looks original but there are no tangs that I can see? :(

What are these ceramic one of which you speak? Have I done wrong with my repair above, guessing that the previous owner bodged it because a connector melted and didn't have the brains to do it properly!! What damage would I be looking at in the fuse box and what do you have to change?

May LH one looks original but there are no tangs that I can see? :(

Type this into eBay :)

Any pictures of the snapped wishbone! ?

See below, pukker Nissan part not a ebay cheapy job

I had one fail the same way. I concluded that the failure started at a weld on the pin. The pin seems to be a cast (high carbon) steel which does not take kindly to being welded. It is also an area of high stress (see FEA results below). Not sure there is much you can do about stopping it happening again without forking out a fair bit on custom wishbones (not sure what happened to Andy's wishbone design?)

IMG_20140326_162122303.jpg IMG_20140401_215036352_HDR.jpg nonlinear stress distribusion.JPG

I had one fail the same way. I concluded that the failure started at a weld on the pin. The pin seems to be a cast (high carbon) steel which does not take kindly to being welded. It is also an area of high stress (see FEA results below). Not sure there is much you can do about stopping it happening again without forking out a fair bit on custom wishbones (not sure what happened to Andy's wishbone design?)

View attachment 37243 View attachment 37244 View attachment 37245
Ours also started at the weld, wishbines will now be lifed to trand stop this in thr future.

Back