what did you do to your micra today ?

Fitted the jap march k12 grills to mine today :)
e0fcac5a0e0d2d548758cfd82acb8ce5.jpg

Well found out the smackin and bangin from underneath is the NEW anti roll bar links knocking. When I had a look with wheel off I noticed the bar was loose and a gap betweeb bar end eyes and the link bolt. Got one end sorted despite stripping threads on it and the other end well the holes dont line up. So theres still a gap despite me tightening it and trying to pry it down. Cant get it back off without cutting new links so feck it ill just have to put up with the loud banging and clanging till I get new ones eventually. Bonney catch still rattling despite me adjusting it and idle valve getting worse as are clicking cv joints. So done lots of work to my micra the past few months yet its still a pile of **** that creaks bangs thumps and clicks as it drives along. And when not driving its just as annoying with its idle surging and rattling bodywork. Shouldve stuck with motorbikes grrr why did I buy a car

mounted 3 ring magnets into the rotor and test ran it :)

View attachment 36902

Y u do all this? :S

I did my first bit of body repair over the weekend...the fiberglass resin was gone all old and goo-ey so it turned out a bit **** but the next attempt will be better....I hope....just need some color coded paint now:)
My k11 obviously had a head on run-in with something stronger than it...the bumper was all cable-tied and galvi-banded/riveted together down the centre, with some major chunks of plastic missing from the lowest part of it...the crash bar behind the bumper looks like someone used a bollard to stop one day :/

On a side note, I got the frame / linear motion for my 3D Printer built :)

Ok decided this morning after the wee one gets dropped off at school im going to take the roll bar completely off car. Banging and knocking problem solved. Can live without one till I can get new links next month

Drove me & the Misses to work coz of the rain, ducked down the inside of traffic waiting to turn right but who were taking up too much of the road (bad road positioning) thanks to the narrow width, then saw a parking space near work and thought "no way but will give it a go", and popped it in the space in one manouver - I just love the Micra for fitting in small gaps!! :) It's 1.11m (or just over 3 1/2 ft in old money) shorter than my estate car!! :D

Do you know what kind of RPM figures the motor/generator will have to run at ? Are you gonna use the car battery or a separate one? Savage project !!!
i think the blower will need 20k, so 7k for the motor (that vid was with the motor running at about 2k) i since fitted a gauge and ran it up to 6k without the magnets exploding :)
i could fit the blower to my modded alternator pulley in a couple of hours, and test the boost level properly at 20k, but it would mean removing all my turbo gear first ,and i cant be arsed , rely/depend on the car too heavily nowadays :)

Last edited:
I dont have a tach. I would like a tach so I can actually see redline might fit an aftermarket one. Is it difficult to fit original micra clocks but ones with a tach rather than just speedo?

Two screws to start one towards the left of the steering wheel and one to the right, this takes off the clock surround should just slide out, then three screws holding the clocks in and a plug on the back of the clocks, then reverse to refit

Sounds too simple heh. Ill habe to wait till I got some cash but when I do ill see if youve still got em. Also is there any custom/sporty clocks for k11 micras? Couldnt see any at all on facebook

There's green faced ones aswell as a slight blue, grey and black nut I believe someone was making faceplate for them a while back

Attachments

• 1415835168717.jpg
    1415835168717.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 261
Ah right I see. Is the rev counter on stock clocks the same for 1.0 as 1.3? do both engines rev to about the same? And also despite mines not having rev counter as standard there should be an ecu connector for it?

Removed air intake pipe from airbox. What a difference, I really wasnt expecting it much more torque down low and revs better high up, sound is no different but car definately feels better pulling away its keener. So I want to take that further but not sure of best methods. Standard airbox+no pipe+performance panel filter? Or almera 1.6 airbox+no pipe and performance panel? Or cold air intake hose straight onto throttle body+ perf cone at cold spot? Or airbox+cold air hose+ cone at end? Not sure of panel or cone? Airbox or no airbox, hose or no hose too many confogurations to decide and cant test em all thatd just take way too long

Almera box is what I used. I just cut the air feed pipe down to suit and made a couple of brackets to secure it. Much better throttle response and pickup. Sounds better too. Whatever you choose though, you should always have a filter to stop rubbish being ingested.

Just found out im losing half my hours at work, company restructuring. Instead of 40hrs a week getting betweeb 12 and 24hrs from hereon in. Just when I had big plans for my micra grrr well itll have to just stay as a lil runabout plain looking thing. Still want to get suspension fixed tho

Quick question, i need a new CV joint on the near side (passenger side) drive shaft. I know there are different spline sizes between face lifts and the 1.0 and 1.3 but i'm not sure what size i need. Any ideas?
Mine's a 94 K11a pre-facelift 1.0 Litre
Cheers :D

Quick question, i need a new CV joint on the near side (passenger side) drive shaft. I know there are different spline sizes between face lifts and the 1.0 and 1.3 but i'm not sure what size i need. Any ideas?
Mine's a 94 K11a pre-facelift 1.0 Litre
Cheers :D
yours is the smaller c/v ben

Today I got a tyre pressure gauge and accordingly pumped them and took the wheel hub covers off lol. Tomorrow I need to sort out my power wire from the leisure battery to amp for 6x9 speakers :)

To be honest for a 51 plate mine has barely any rust at all. Tiniest surface rust on cross member and tiny tad underneath. Its surprisingly new underneath although the old biddy I got it from hardly ever used it in 13yrs lol possibly why. Will still protect it anyway
Mines a 52 plate and there's no rust anywhere that I can find :)
Anyways, been away (Amsterdam) for a few days drinking Witte beer, love it (to much) 313 miles to the airport and back for a navvy under 6 gallons........that's 52 mpg at motorway speeds. My mate who went with me was well impressed, and with the power as well, in fact almost gobsmacked.
Jumped into the canal while there to save a drowning bird, made me happy....everybody in the pub thought I was nuts

Back