what did you do to your micra today ?

@relisys77 wait till you see whats on my k11 haha

Attachments

• 1392318625103.jpg
    1392318625103.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 298
New LUK clutch in today, £160 fitted. That's better, the old one was like an old tractor clutch, had to jump on it to change gear - all gunged up.
Sill welded on my van, nice job done - £35. Everything's good in the world again, :)except the weather.:(

New LUK clutch in today, £160 fitted. That's better, the old one was like an old tractor clutch, had to jump on it to change gear - all gunged up.
Sill welded on my van, nice job done - £35. Everything's good in the world again, :)except the weather.:(
Gunna cost me about that to fit my 190mm clutch, but it is attached to a 1.6 ;)

Not actually today, but last night we featured multiple times on the Motors TV Special Stage Xtra program covering the Brands Hatch Stages, it is repeated through the week and will be on YouTube soon :)

My LuK release bearing was horrendous.

My LuK release bearing was horrendous.

don't suppose the input shaft collar that the release bearing rides along had too much grease on it?
cos I used to find that using any liquid grease there tends to collect dirt n dust till it becomes a sticky mess which makes it hard to slide along till the clutch became so heavy (getting stuck in traffic was unbareable) it snapped the rivet off the clutch end.

I now use graphite powder which is much better.

don't suppose the input shaft collar that the release bearing rides along had too much grease on it?
cos I used to find that using any liquid grease there tends to collect dirt n dust till it becomes a sticky mess which makes it hard to slide along till the clutch became so heavy (getting stuck in traffic was unbareable) it snapped the rivet off the clutch end.

I now use graphite powder which is much better.
Clutch was very light.

The bearing was very noisy

WDIDT?

Finished the front suspension...then had a break and fixed the garage roof....had a look at the back axle, etc....but it got dark and I was wet and cold...so I sprayed all the nuts and bolts with WD40 and I'll do that tomorrow...

Oh...and I got a pair of fog lights off eBay for £20...!

Happy days in Blurpleland...

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk

WDID?

Hi every one.

Actually it was yesterday and not today.

I turned on the road which needed a full turn of string and heard a clucking sound from the passenger side. It seems the boot is gone! It made think of repairing the other car which needs trailing, if only Andy sends me the long awaited trailing arms.

Regards

Took mine to a wedding today. I ended up failing hard whilst going up a hill (was cruising in 5th at 40MPH on the approach), I was actually going down the gears until I could fine one that managed to pull me up. Had a Golf GTI up my arse too, which worsened the situation slightly. I found second gear and floored it, then watched the Golf disappear in my mirror (it caught up though :/)

Top Tip No. 457

Struggling with rusty nuts?

Just get a circular wire brush attachment for your drill and give them a good going over...

Bang, and the rust is gone!

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk

Road car is having some love.. New rear brake shoes and sort out some knocks that are getting on my nerves now! Back left handbrake cable is siezed and needs to be replaced, it's slowing me down :(
aqa2asyd.jpg

My handbrake should work now..... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a strange one. First some of my speedo head lights failed, then my speedo dial needle packs up .... just sits on zero, then my digital display goes now my fuel gauge has given up the ghost. Had the head off and can't see anything wrong ..... just one cable in a scart socket. Any ideas, or is it a common fault.
Replace speedo head is it ????

Here's a strange one. First some of my speedo head lights failed, then my speedo dial needle packs up .... just sits on zero, then my digital display goes now my fuel gauge has given up the ghost. Had the head off and can't see anything wrong ..... just one cable in a scart socket. Any ideas, or is it a common fault.
Replace speedo head is it ????
That sounds very much like loose plugs at the back of the dials to me :)

Hello nath, hope you're well. My digital display is trying to light up, flashes on and off, then stays off ? loose wire, but where ?
Not bad Davy and yourself?Pass on that one haha possibly a dodgy earth, just have a fiddle thats what I usually do until someone with more knowledge in electrics comes along, to rule out the cluster itself do you not have another coilpack to borrow off, obvs if it still faults its definitely the wiring :)

Entered a road rally! First one for a few years.....

Did a few jobs to the car, checked her over after Brands and all was ok, even the brake pads had plenty left on them :)

Had to cover over most of the stickers, due to road rally rules.

Sorted out tyres, got two that need fitting in the week.

Raised the front ride height

Added some water splash guarding, packed the road rally kit of tools, spares etc....

Just got to change engine and gearbox oil and fit the front wheels/tyres.

Entered a road rally! First one for a few years.....

Did a few jobs to the car, checked her over after Brands and all was ok, even the brake pads had plenty left on them :)

Had to cover over most of the stickers, due to road rally rules.

Sorted out tyres, got two that need fitting in the week.

Raised the front ride height

Added some water splash guarding, packed the road rally kit of tools, spares etc....

Just got to change engine and gearbox oil and fit the front wheels/tyres.

That's a lot of work to go for a drive, I just jump in and go ??;)

On Saturday I went and picked up my first micra after coming onto this site a few times I thought I would tell you all it was all grey and horrible so I went and picked up some Matt black paint and restored the blackness to it this is what it looks like before and after.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 227
Back