what did you do to your micra today ?

over the next year in college i have to create a 3x3 metre square area in college and put anything i want in it as long as its to do with landscaping and gardening and it means they teach me how to weld! i was thinking on going to the scrappy and getting the front of a micra and sticking it in and making a flower bed under the bonnet hahah, but thought thats effort so i deciding on getting loads of old exhausts off my brother and welding them side to side and cutting the tips off and putting a small plate inside so i can stick flowers in the end (part of the criteria, i dont really want to do it -.-) , then im gonna have a path made out of old steelies i have laying around home, then the best part ;) ill make a stone path like a rally track and im going to make a little micra rally car and place it so it looks like its drifting! might look more like a k10 but still a micra ;) when im older im definently going to get the front of a micra and make it into a bbq in my garden haha!

Who are you insured with Jen? When I told Churchill I was now working as an IT Consultant this time last year they were like "Oh well that'll be another £150 on top of your renewal..." and when I asked why on god's green earth they said "because it now covers any driving you might do at work" even though the extent of my driving for work is driving to a customer's premises once a month or less.

I used to be with Churchill too <_<
....Now with Admiral ;)
They, Churchill, wanted £325 to automatically renew (as employed too)
...so I called up admiral and they only wanted £305 (as Un-Employed)
...and that included the add on stuff as standard! (legal cover etc that churchill will charge extra for)

it often depends on what your job "title" is...one of the Jobs I applied for...was...ready for this?... "Crematorium Technician" :p
if I'd got that job my insurance would be about £180...again with Admiral....they gave the best quotes (including the extra stuff) not always the cheapest at first glance ;)
My old job was down as "Customer services" or "Catering Assistant" and cost more than "Sales Assistant" as it is now ^_^
When you get quotes try several different Job titles...as long as it is pretty much what you do...the different wording may still mean a lower premium...daft huh? :rolleyes:

...Another bonus with Admiral is they all seem (the people on the phone) to be lovely :p
...and mostly in Wales...

Edit:....and I got a Meerkat LOL

I used to be with Churchill too <_<
....Now with Admiral ;)
They, Churchill, wanted £325 to automatically renew (as employed too)
...so I called up admiral and they only wanted £305 (as Un-Employed)
...and that included the add on stuff as standard! (legal cover etc that churchill will charge extra for)

it often depends on what your job "title" is...one of the Jobs I applied for...was...ready for this?... "Crematorium Technician" :p
if I'd got that job my insurance would be about £180...again with Admiral....they gave the best quotes (including the extra stuff) not always the cheapest at first glance ;)
My old job was down as "Customer services" or "Catering Assistant" and cost more than "Sales Assistant" as it is now ^_^
When you get quotes try several different Job titles...as long as it is pretty much what you do...the different wording may still mean a lower premium...daft huh? :rolleyes:

...Another bonus with Admiral is they all seem (the people on the phone) to be lovely :p
...and mostly in Wales...

Edit:....and I got a Meerkat LOL

I've been with Admiral all along and found them to always be the cheapest and have the best service :)
Just proves us Welshies can be a friendly bunch haha.

Oh, and i've got a meerkat too. Which one did you get? :p

I've been with Admiral all along and found them to always be the cheapest and have the best service :)
Just proves us Welshies can be a friendly bunch haha.
Oh, and i've got a meerkat too. Which one did you get? :p

I got Aleksandr :p
Mum got Mya, and Bogdan last year... dad got Sergei
I wanted Vasily...and now I want secret agent/ninja Mya LOL
Mum told me when my Aleksandr arrived that there is a box at the bottom and you can choose which one you want...if only I'd known that :rolleyes:
Dad's renewal is in December......mum's is in January :D More Meerkats soon...although none will beat my Meerkatzio!! :p

I got Aleksandr :p
Mum got Mya, and Bogdan last year... dad got Sergei
I wanted Vasily...and now I want secret agent/ninja Mya LOL
Mum told me when my Aleksandr arrived that there is a box at the bottom and you can choose which one you want...if only I'd known that :rolleyes:
Dad's renewal is in December......mum's is in January :D More Meerkats soon...although none will beat my Meerkatzio!! :p

I've only got Sergei so far, I want either Aleksandr or Bogdan.
I never knew you could choose which one you get either! I'll have to remember that for next time, and start to build up a little family of them :p

Mildred went for her mot only half an hour and already tom's taking my parking spot!
1378907332742.jpg
I see how it is :rolleyes:

X

Cheers mate :)

quick question what program does everyone use to 'change' wheel colours etc. Looking at maybe silver with the centre spoke recess bit black but want to try it first :D

Not actually work on the car, but work for the car....

Currently constantly refreshing the WRC Rally Wales website for entry forms to go live, to try and get an entry for the national rally to run alongside the World Rally Championship event.....

Not actually work on the car, but work for the car....

Currently constantly refreshing the WRC Rally Wales website for entry forms to go live, to try and get an entry for the national rally to run alongside the World Rally Championship event.....

That would be awsome. One day ill get there :p

WDIDT?....discovered that my car is officially "Girly" *facepalm* >_<

...got in it, after work, sat in the drivers seat started the engine...then spotted a flyer under my wiper...ignored it 'til I got home :rolleyes:
...then found it was for a Nail bar *shudders*

EDIT: ...just checked my Account... £68.31 in :p
...thank you Admiral Insurance LOL

Got back 9:30pm, that's a long old drive for sure, new name for me now - numb bum. Anyway, what a steal my new motor is, drives perfectly, you'd think she was brand new, sort of a pale sea green metallic, quite nice colour, sort of a real girlies colour.
Had four brand new tyres on her until a puncture on the M1 shredded one on the back - gutted with that.
Most surprising thing for me though was the performance from the little one pot, sits at 65/75 with no problems at all, she was singing to me all the way home, and returned 53.7 mpg !!!!! WOW !!! to that. Only had to drop to 4th on one hill on the way home -378 miles. Comparable to my 1.4 at 54 mpg on a run, Only difference I can see is the 1.4 has a better pick up and acceleration, but at 70ish on the motorway - you wouldn't know the difference.
Now, should I keep her ???? She's bought and paid for, to keep her would cost me £200 insurance, and road tax in a couple of months - decisions, decisions, do I want 4 vehicles ???(3 micra's and a van) have to think about it, although I offered her to someone today for £1,500, that would give me £750 profit, mmm, not bad, dunno - we'll see.
One in the paper here today, Micra S, 32K miles, good condition, £975 Tempted to buy that and sell on, that's a give away - someone shoot me quick.
Piccies some time, don't want to be labelled a picture whore LOL @jen:p

WDIDT?....discovered that my car is officially "Girly" *facepalm* >_<

...got in it, after work, sat in the drivers seat started the engine...then spotted a flyer under my wiper...ignored it 'til I got home :rolleyes:
...then found it was for a Nail bar *shudders*

EDIT: ...just checked my Account... £68.31 in :p
...thank you Admiral Insurance LOL

If you think your car is girly, just check the colour of mine. The amount of abuse and mockery I get about it is beyond belief :p

Had four brand new tyres on her until a puncture on the M1 shredded one on the back - gutted with that.
Most surprising thing for me though was the performance from the little one pot,

Numb bum, one cylinder engine, but 4 tyres, what sort of motorbike is that?

Got back 9:30pm, that's a long old drive for sure, new name for me now - numb bum. Anyway, what a steal my new motor is, drives perfectly, you'd think she was brand new, sort of a pale sea green metallic, quite nice colour, sort of a real girlies colour.
Most surprising thing for me though was the performance from the little one pot, sits at 65/75 with no problems at all, she was singing to me all the way home, and returned 53.7 mpg !!!!! WOW !!! to that. Only had to drop to 4th on one hill on the way home -378 miles. Comparable to my 1.4 at 54 mpg on a run, Only difference I can see is the 1.4 has a better pick up and acceleration, but at 70ish on the motorway - you wouldn't know the difference.
Now, should I keep her ???? She's bought and paid for, to keep her would cost me £200 insurance, and road tax in a couple of months - decisions, decisions, do I want 4 vehicles ???(3 micra's and a van) have to think about it, although I offered her to someone today for £1,500, that would give me £750 profit, mmm, not bad, dunno - we'll see.
One in the paper here today, Micra S, 32K miles, good condition, £975 Tempted to buy that and sell on, that's a give away - someone shoot me quick.
Piccies some time, don't want to be labelled a picture whore LOL @jen:p
You can never have too many cars

ive passed all the theory parts, its the hazard perception that i was 2 marks off this time and like 6 marks off last time, hazard perceptions the easiest part to it! when i first tried doing it i was getting 5/5 or 10/10 each time! dont know why ive suddenly got worse at it :(

WDID? Finish my first week at college doing lvl 2 Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair. On the micra front tho, managed to get a few parts from the cars we are scrapping at college. Got the boost pipe and dump valve from a Saab 9000, that solves one pipe, just got a few more bits to get then turbo time :)

ive passed all the theory parts, its the hazard perception that i was 2 marks off this time and like 6 marks off last time, hazard perceptions the easiest part to it! when i first tried doing it i was getting 5/5 or 10/10 each time! dont know why ive suddenly got worse at it :(
Get left click happy seriously over click everything I got 100%

Back