what did you do to your micra today ?

Another busy day today

First of all i cleaned up the 1.4 almera calipers, and painted them up ready to be fitted.

Then removed the oem ecu, a pig of a job and massive bit of metal work to hold it in place.

Remounted the nistune ecu, with a couple of small brackets and some zip ties it is now mounted where the glove box used to be. Just as secure, lighter and much easier to access the ecu if needed during an event.

Then i set to fitting the brakes, got the the ns all fitted up and then tested the fitment/clearance with the steel wheels and Ren 5 gt wheels and they are fine. I used two washers to pack out the caliper carrier which lined it up just fine.

Then did the other side (in the rain :( !) and then realised i need new brake fluid, so off the halfords for a litre of DOT 5.1, my trade card making it so much cheaper 5 odd pounds instead of 12.99 :)

Bled them up using a hand vacuum pump, which worked better than i thought it would. Giving a solid pedal and when out testing them a better bite and more power given the bigger piston size, and hopefully the vented discs will give better cooling. Then bedded them, got them smoking hot, and then found it hard to not carry on charging along using the new engine :)

Just saw a dashboard off a super s on ebay, the blue dial one, with rev counter. Is that a straight swap for my 1.4 facelift ?? it has the smart connector thing on the back, Thanks:)

r-reg-sr said:
You gonna do the oil mix style like frank ?

I wish lol. I will use underbody sealant spray like what I did it before. I just want to make extra protection you know. I don't want this GX to be rust pieces. It's very good shell so it still going strong. :)

Btw summer is almost finish now. Autumn and winter, I am ready to fight these seasons. ;)

r-reg-sr said:
Ahh yes you to have noted the start of the long dark mouldy nights. how many cans would you youse under?

Maybe 2 or 3 cans. I don't have time to do it over around fuel tank and axle. They are getting rust bit by bit. -_-

talking about autumn and winter hmm... prepare for a shed load of pictures of my car surrounded by trees and dead leaves and down lanes etc, best time of the year for a photographer! thats if i pass my second try theory test in the morning ;)

i went to trax today got my self some bits :)

some stickers, flyeye vynal for the lights and a tow strap
1175378_10202051095546775_542350615_n.jpg

put the stickers on haha quickest as it was starting to rain :/

1175612_10202051957888333_1733887505_n.jpg

Wdidt. Full service as it just didnt feel quite right. Anyway all sorted and running like a dream. I must say that the magnatec oil I used is a little expensive but well worth it. Its so smooth and quiet now. Also cleaned up the earth points on the coil packs where they bolt to the cam cover. Seems to also have made a difference to the running.

failed my theory again -.- got 47/50 on multiple choice which is amazing for me, never got that high score before.... then hazard perception i got 38/75 and the pass is 44.... 6 marks off, next try is friday 13th so hopefully it wont be unlucky and ill pass it finally! third try lucky! dad let me rally home from royal wooten basset to devizes via calne in my car and the corners are so nice, especially the ones near blacklands golf club! the micra takes them at 40 no problem, nice and sharp.

Posted this - because I can, only practising.
You have to look at all the roses in the garden, to remember you married the best one :p
...Should we be worried that you're going to become a picture posting whore? :p
...just because you can LOL

WDIDT?... Called up my insurer...to change my details from Unemployed...to Employed...

...before I even told them my policy number, and everything, I explained that I knew it should go down by about £50
...but I'd bet they'd want about £25 back in the form of an "admin fee" <_<

...anyway...went through the usual,
Name:
Date of Birth:
...Policy #
...car Registration #

...then we spent 5 minutes picking a bloody Job title for me *facepalm* :rolleyes:
...then...
...finally...
they got to the bit I'd been waiting for...

...I'm getting £68 refund on my premium...

Bargain!!! :p
(makes my annual premium about £240)

obviously I'll be double checking my bank :cool:

...Should we be worried that you're going to become a picture posting whore? :p
...just because you can LOL

WDIDT?... Called up my insurer...to change my details from Unemployed...to Employed...

...before I even told them my policy number, and everything, I explained that I knew it should go down by about £50
...but I'd bet they'd want about £25 back in the form of an "admin fee" <_<

...anyway...went through the usual,
Name:
Date of Birth:
...Policy #
...car Registration #

...then we spent 5 minutes picking a bloody Job title for me *facepalm* :rolleyes:
...then...
...finally...
they got to the bit I'd been waiting for...

...I'm getting £68 refund on my premium...

Bargain!!! :p
(makes my annual premium about £240)

obviously I'll be double checking my bank :cool:

Who are you insured with Jen? When I told Churchill I was now working as an IT Consultant this time last year they were like "Oh well that'll be another £150 on top of your renewal..." and when I asked why on god's green earth they said "because it now covers any driving you might do at work" even though the extent of my driving for work is driving to a customer's premises once a month or less.

kcTfFMI.jpg

I believe these to be Mintex Black discs, not Brembo.
Can anyone else confirm? I can't see Brembo ever doing drilled AND grooved for a K11.

Sold to me as Brembo, even arrived in a "resealed" Brembo box!
These retail about £30 more than what I paid so I'm happy enough, but trying to pass them off as something else?

Yea it looks like mintex drilled and grove brake discs.

It is. :)

Well, not Mintex!
YnTuMWm.jpg

They are indeed Brembo.
I decided to measure up. These are:
234mm across.
4x100mm
CB of smidge under 60mm.
12mm thick

The side of the disc says
"8513B 2FA MIN.TH 10MM Y0 BREMBO"

I can't find anywhere that sells Micra K11 grooved and drilled Brembo. Are there any other Nissan's with fitment and disc size the exact same as a K11?

Well, not Mintex!
YnTuMWm.jpg

They are indeed Brembo.
234mm across.
4x100mm
CB of smidge under 60mm.
12mm thick

I can't find anywhere that sells Micra K11 grooved and drilled Brembo. Are there any other Nissan's with fitment and disc size the exact same as a K11?
Cube maybe?

Off up to Doncaster/Barnsley in a few hours, pick up my new Micra. Insurance for 3 days £43.75p Mmmm ! not to bad I suppose, I'll sell her when I get back home.
I'll put a piccy up later this week (after I wake up) about 17 hours driving on roads I've never been on, and not a clue where I'm going.:confused: no Sat Nav in my life, only a 20 year old map of Britain, DOH !!!

Removed the rear mud flaps and test fitted the nismo rear splitter also decided to sell the apexi back box as it no longer fits in with my plans

Thought about the set up for tarmac stages, started but gave up.....
Understeers a bit much for my liking, and the bum is very settled. Thicker rear anti roll bar? What else?

Well, not Mintex!
YnTuMWm.jpg

They are indeed Brembo.
234mm across.
4x100mm
CB of smidge under 60mm.
12mm thick

100nx, pulsar were a couple i saw looking at pcd's yesterday

What did I do today. Weighed in all my redundant car parts for £49
Cleaned up some underbody parts in the rain. I got damp but I'm hardcore like that. If a job needs doing and all that :)
Then packed up my stuffs ready for the weekend

Back