what did you do to your micra today ?

dave,s fears were well founded :( the mls gasket just turned up.............bloody CR (k12) innit :rolleyes: says CG10 on the pack "might" be able to fit it tho ??
at least the corsa piston engine sounds sweet tho, and zero smoke :cool:

P5131011.JPG

Wdidt? I put in a new radiator and fan. Cleaned the filter and filled the tank... Tried starting her she turned over for a second. then died.. Wont start now. Any ideas whats wrong.. :(

shane, Dublin, K11

Wdidt? I put in a new radiator and fan. Cleaned the filter and filled the tank... Tried starting her she turned over for a second. then died.. Wont start now. Any ideas whats wrong.. :(

shane, Dublin, K11

I should probably add shes been sitting for a couple of months

shane, Dublin, K11

Thanks immy but im one step ahead of you it seems. I put fresh petrol the batterys completely flat but when i jumped it off the other car it wouldnt turn over at all. ? Could it be something as simple as the spark plugs? Or a build up of oil being sucjed into the motor? Im stuck.

shane, Dublin, K11

Not so much Micra related, but found out today my mother in law will fund my Motor Mechanic course at college, gonna be the oldest student on my course at 36. Its a level 2 course, so no Gov funding for me till i go onto lvl 3, then the Gov will pay for it, happy days

Thanks immy but im one step ahead of you it seems. I put fresh petrol the batterys completely flat but when i jumped it off the other car it wouldnt turn over at all. ? Could it be something as simple as the spark plugs? Or a build up of oil being sucjed into the motor? Im stuck.

shane, Dublin, K11

I had pretty much the samr problem when mine had been sat about for a long time , got one start then wouldnt turn over even when jumping ,bought a new battery and it was fine from then on :)

Sent whilst sitting on my sofa , eating cake and watching tv :)

Would they fit my car which is the second facelift?
Fronts will go straight on, rears will need a little mod, I have Super S mudflaps on my first facelift and needed a little fettling on the rear, nowt that a drill and self tappers can't overcome ;) Wheels look well btw but it does need lowering ;)

I mounted my harness in my car today, it is only a show harness as I would never feel safe with how I have it set up and also because of the fact its only bolted to seat belt points and I have no cage.

20130514_124535_zps5ae1c399.jpg
20130514_124541_zpsf45a3191.jpg

I mounted my harness in my car today, it is only a show harness as I would never feel safe with how I have it set up and also because of the fact its only bolted to seat belt points and I have no cage.

20130514_124535_zps5ae1c399.jpg
20130514_124541_zpsf45a3191.jpg
bout to say, harnesses and no cage.. I think you aint going to be too bad mate.. I may even give in and just put the harnesses in without the cage!!

bout to say, harnesses and no cage.. I think you aint going to be too bad mate.. I may even give in and just put the harnesses in without the cage!!
Yeah its not that bad but I heard that if you dont mount the top straps correctly you can get serious back injures in a crash. I stay in my seat alot better though. I got another one to go on the passenger seat too. I think if I set them up correctly I should be fine but I dont think its worth the risk. I would rather make up a bar like this guy did.

My brother has named my setup "the back breaker" lol.

Yeah its not that bad but I heard that if you dont mount the top straps correctly you can get serious back injures in a crash. I stay in my seat alot better though. I got another one to go on the passenger seat too. I think if I set them up correctly I should be fine but I dont think its worth the risk. I would rather make up a bar like this guy did.

Yeah i have said it a million times to you lol. yeah good bits of kit

As promised.....

Think i'll make a new manifold, and keep the one for the carbs for future projects
very nice :cool:
WDIDT ? re-conditioned the H/G from the recently removed engine :D baking foil FTghettoW, the fire rings are 10" thou thicker now
and the CR (k12) MLS H/G looks like it could be a go-er :)

P5141023.JPG
P5141024.JPG

I had to stop watching that video after a few minutes. All I can see happening is that in the unfortunate event of a crash, the 'harness bar' that he made (very badly) is going to either snap where the hole for the camera mount is or the welds are going to break on the b-pillar. Either way he'll get a lump of 25mm box section wrapped around his head. You already know that bolting the rear part of your harness straight to the floor behind the seat is a bad idea, (the harness has no forward stopping power) so why not put a half cage in and do it properly, then you can use them with confidence.

Im purely using them for show since I got the harnesses for free. I would love a half cage or a cage but I can't afford one.

Err do k11 ? I suppose they have a bit in cup joint thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I suppose but I would prefer a flexi mount, when my 4-2-1 mani comes I will make a flexi joint for it. At the moment I will be using a thin bit of metal, U bolts and lots of gum gum to seal up the huge split.

slippery slope chris, slippery slope.

Did that with the same parts...then i kept on going. :D (one tin surely goes along way though lol)
What colour? Yeah I am doing all running gear the same colour.. I think you call it running gear. Either was all my under side mountings arms and what not will get the same love.

What colour? Yeah I am doing all running gear the same colour.. I think you call it running gear. Either was all my under side mountings arms and what not will get the same love.

Nothing exciting really most of it went black again, calipers went white (seemed like a good idea at the time lol) not that you can see them hidden behind the wheels anyway.

Actually one thing, i reeeeeeally hope you cleaned the calipers to stupidly clean...even after i thought i'd gotten them clean the paint still didn't dry and its a bitch to have to take it all back off again.

Actually one thing, i reeeeeeally hope you cleaned the calipers to stupidly clean...even after i thought i'd gotten them clean the paint still didn't dry and its a bitch to have to take it all back off again.
Lol yeah my thoughts but I set out to completely do every inch of the car... So I have committed myself haha. Lol you have no idea how much work went in to cleaning the buggers. Gunk and white spirit fumes took 99% of my brain cells haha.

Awww the blue paint :L

Anyone know the shift points for a 1.0l g/box?

I:E 20mph in 1st - 45mph 2nd

Just because I don't have a rev counter be nice to know the best places to shift

Back