what did you do to your micra today ?

i didnt scrap it a lad bought the. Remains of it to scrap i think it was within the 6 weekz soo ill see cheers jen
If he bought it off you with all the correct forms etc then its ok... if not then anything could happen and itll be under your name.

Edit... yeah, ring the dvla lol

If it scrapped, then the "scrapper" sends off a different section of the V5 without you worrying.

If you sold iot first you need to send off the relevant section. DVLA fine you for not informing them.

8722958284_322517cefc.jpg

WDID?

Fitted the radiator and filled with water. Started the engine but the battery was flat. Jump started and it runs smooth. Glued the head light and waiting to harden before fitting it.

Got the brake fluid yesterday.

Removed the carpet and will wash it sometimes. Here is the video.

Things to do for this week and before going to MOT and VOSA:

1. clean the carpet if possible
2. fit the seats back.
3. fill the brake fluid and bleed it.
4. test the brakes

Regards

Would it be worth it in the cga3 block? I was thinking of lowering the compression to run more boost
yes that is a CGA3 block mate, so a .5mm overbore, a CGA3 crank would probably give a better c/r tbh, 8:1 is a bit low nowadays (should hold 20 psi of boost ok tho :cool:)

Wdid?

Found out the hard way that you shouldn't move a car without an engine without driveshafts in the hubs. Wheel fell off!

God knows how I pushed it home before

Oh good god I did the same thing too few yrs ago lol

Engine n shafts were off, twas late so fitted the hubs n wheels back on to push back onto the front of house. Thought hmm seems to roll along fine.

Rolled back out of alley, round the corner onto street when Boof! Whole front end collapsed when the bearing cups plastic retainer clip couldn't take it, blocking 1/2 the road.

Was like oh ffs, embarrased n panicing, quick get the jack n screw the shafts n hub back on.

Ruined the bearing btw

Oh good god I did the same thing too few yrs ago lol

Engine n shafts were off, twas late so fitted the hubs n wheels back on. Thought hmm seems to roll along fine.

Rolled back out of alley, round the corner onto street when Boof! Whole front end collapsed when the bearing cups plastic retainer clip couldn't take it, blocking 1/2 the road.

Was like oh ffs, embarrased n panicing, quick get the jack n screw the shafts n hub back on.

Ruined the bearing btw

Luckily it happened rolling it off drive, thing is I pushed it 1/2 mile the other week like that, with the mrs steering :D

I painted the bonnet white again :( I prefer the black, but it's necessary. Can't have a sleeper that's obviously been modified...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Attachments

• 1368219786458.jpg
    1368219786458.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 249
When Well push something out the garage at work if the engines out, Well put the shafts back in and tie the up the bay so the bearings don't collapse

Luckily it happened rolling it off drive, thing is I pushed it 1/2 mile the other week like that, with the mrs steering :D

1/2 mile on normal level road yea?

The plastic clip could only take a limited stress. Mine failed as I was at full lock pushing backwards up the steep cambered road where lateral stress was highest trying to rip the wheel off.

Replace the grill and remove the stickers for a proper sleeper
dent sticker will stay until I fix the wing, will remove the slow sticker in tine but the scrappage scheme sticker rarely fails to bring a chuckle to cars behind so will probs stay. The grill will stay too, although I may put the badge back... It's not too far from stock, only someone who actually knew about micras would probably notice. I don't mind people who know to know if that makes sense.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back