what did you do to your micra today ?

went n took her a blast down motorway and almost rear ended this,sounded beautiful though
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNzIxLTAwMDAzLmpwZw.jpg

tvr sagaris 4000cc :D

I fitted to the car then slowly adjusted, rocked car back and forth till checked and adjusted again till the wheels were even both sides.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner
How much are you lowered skymera? I also bought a top notch panhard made by Noddie. Could you give us a measure from bush center to bush center?

are these the renault wheels ?
may not work with these ,the speeder will know the finer details but ends up front and rear wheels line up with the arch when flipped inside out and re-welded and get a nice dish.offset thing(frank help!)
might be able to unpick the rears and reset the offset eh zed, rather than flip them :)

all in the unpicking then mad options , these 15"s must have immense grip

Grips VERY well. Only thing now its lowered is the exhaust is knocking... need to maybe fit the "Turbo MK4" exhaust but means no more side exhaust.... umm.

Grips VERY well. Only thing now its lowered is the exhaust is knocking... need to maybe fit the "Turbo MK4" exhaust but means no more side exhaust.... umm.
I tied a jubilee clip around the exhaust and the trailing arm. Pulled the exhaust away from the heatshield which it kept hitting.

I tied a jubilee clip around the exhaust and the trailing arm. Pulled the exhaust away from the heatshield which it kept hitting.

The current "MK3 design" exhaust comes out in front of the drivers rear wheel so doesnt got out the back.

Blooming heck is there anything you havent done on a Micra.

How do you make sure you weld them straight to eliminate wheel shake?
:) the centres are a press fit mate, so you could drive them unwelded (carefully, and not advised !) so you spin them up on the rear hub, and adjust where necessary before welding (with a big copper hamer :))
or you can flip, and cut another wheel for more width :)

axl2.jpg

Thankfully didn't drive mine today... however....
Mum decided we had to get out of the house, because she was bored... nothing new there ^_^
She also said..."I'll drive"...which was fine...until we got to the road humps around the corner from my house
...and heard this horrendous noise...as we went over the second one.
It sounded to me as if the back tyre had removed itself from the rim
...turns out there's a 2 inch shard of metal stuck into her tyre, having come out of the exposed metal edging within the structure of the hump.
We had to turn around and limp home with the hazards going...I took off the wheel and replaced it with her full size spare when we parked up outside the house
which is when we could see the extent of the damage...The tyre has yet to loose it's pressure but this chunk of metal is sticking out about a centimetre beyond the tread!
Called the local council, who told us to call the Highways people...and gave us the wrong number...when we got through to the Highways lot they just took some details and gave us a report number...

I think we were very lucky to only be a few hundred metres from home...if it happened in town we may have had to call out the RAC to rescue us :(

will be getting some photo's of the offending speed bump tomorrow in the light and e'mailing them along with some of the damage to the highways agency
...but I have a bet going with myself that, coincidently, they will just happen to be re-surfacing it when I go to get the pictures...they're probably doing it as I type, knowing my luck <_<

Thankfully didn't drive mine today... however....
Mum decided we had to get out of the house, because she was bored... nothing new there ^_^
She also said..."I'll drive"...which was fine...until we got to the road humps around the corner from my house
...and heard this horrendous noise...as we went over the second one.
It sounded to me as if the back tyre had removed itself from the rim
...turns out there's a 2 inch shard of metal stuck into her tyre, having come out of the exposed metal edging within the structure of the hump.
We had to turn around and limp home with the hazards going...I took off the wheel and replaced it with her full size spare when we parked up outside the house
which is when we could see the extent of the damage...The tyre has yet to loose it's pressure but this chunk of metal is sticking out about a centimetre beyond the tread!
Called the local council, who told us to call the Highways people...and gave us the wrong number...when we got through to the Highways lot they just took some details and gave us a report number...

I think we were very lucky to only be a few hundred metres from home...if it happened in town we may have had to call out the RAC to rescue us :(

will be getting some photo's of the offending speed bump tomorrow in the light and e'mailing them along with some of the damage to the highways agency
...but I have a bet going with myself that, coincidently, they will just happen to be re-surfacing it when I go to get the pictures...they're probably doing it as I type, knowing my luck <_<
This happened to me with a pot hole reported it and the said they will send out a report form 3 days later they fixed it and two weeks later I got the form lucky I got photos soon as it happened :p thought they could catch me out!

I'll need my proper camera...I only had my phone which has no zoom and it was the OS rear...so right in the middle of the road LOL
didn't fancy crouching in the middle of the road...with cars and stuff heading my way, as they do :p
with the zoom on my camera I should be able to get a decent shot from the pavement...

can you see it?... <_<

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/DSC00298_zpsed1f159e.jpg

people turned to look as we drove back...made a racket every time it made a rotation... Eeeep...

I'll need my proper camera...I only had my phone which has no zoom and it was the OS rear...so right in the middle of the road LOL
didn't fancy crouching in the middle of the road...with cars and stuff heading my way, as they do :p
with the zoom on my camera I should be able to get a decent shot from the pavement...

can you see it?... <_<

people turned to look as we drove back...made a racket every time it made a rotation... Eeeep...

Yowza, with the low profiles on the Sport+ that might have touched metal if goes in far on the inside? Maybe it was a lucky that your mum decided to drive!

lzA8NUC.jpg

That's insane!

I had a run-in with a pothole the other week which has totally ruined one of my alloys, unfortunately as they fixed the pothole within a week and could prove they usually keep the road in a good condition i'm not entitled to any sort of compensation. So I now have this that needs sorting on my wheel:

5gK7lz5.jpg

Yeah Tchaaa, so very glad...we're just gonna take the wheel down to get the tyre repaired this afternoon
...or changed for new one and either way take a photo of the inside of the rim...just in case it is damaged too...if so the council will be buying my mum a new wheel, not just a tyre <_<

Yeowch! James...That sucks :(

I returned to the offending speed bump this morning to get a photo...it had already been marked up for repair...lucky i was too lazy to walk round because the repair van pulled up as I did!...good timing...5 minutes later i would have arrived as they began blocking that side of the road and attacking it with a pick axe :p
The 2 guys that came were great...said "...bloody hell...don't blame you luv!..." (I'll let the "luv" pass...just this once LOL)
Hopefully the other parts of the bumps on that bit of road will be repaired soon too (that bit isn't the only bit that's damaged, it's just the most ridiculous ^_^

Sweet, love making exhausts.

Side exit Frank or normal rear?
hopefully side rob, because they,re so much lighter eh (depends how effective this silencer is)
also WDID ? testing some later alto rears, theyre 10mm fatter around the belly (and should be a bit softer in theory)

P2080635.JPG
P2080636.JPG

Any more work on your home-bru supercharger ?
nah, shelved it for now mate, i bought the correct belt and got the gearing right, but that mount is flexing too much and needs re-designing.
if you used a tubby that was designed for a lower rpm (like the vortech etc), its very do-able :)

P2080638.JPG

I'm sure you'll figure it out
maybe 1 day :) it makes you realise just how "sorted" turbo,s are nowadays tho, there must be about 3hp being transmitted through that little turbine shaft ! (which only possible because of the huge rpm,s involved)

I know! Clever little buggers, so much volume of air to produced from something solo tiny!
I know my compressors run at 8 bar, but to produce say, 300cfm, it would be the size of a transit van!

search strongflex on google. they're a polish company who do uprated bushes for micras. it'll cost about £80 to replace all the rear bushes.
lol we were just chatting about this :D

polybush must be more expensive than strongflex. i might going to get these bushes from strongflex so there is no point me for to get whiteline sway bars. what do you reckon?

Back