Anti roll bar bushes

Do we think it would be possible to open up the hole in some stock anti roll bar bushes to the required 22mm and 20mm diameter to fit onto whiteline roll bars (front and rear)?

Very nice Tom. Those front bushes can be chosen for a range of different size anti roll bars, which is great. The rear ones though can only be 14 or 16mm and wont fit mine. Strongflex bushes appear to cost less purchased via their website than via ebay. Total cost £33.70
Whiteline original replacements cost of £46 with a lead time of 6-8 weeks as they need to come from Aus
One supplier has offered to modify some uprated stock roll bar bushes to my diameter requirements at the princely sum of £122.71.
Polybush don't list a rear anti roll bar bush and the front ones cost £29.71 +shipping and don't specify a bar diameter.
Superflex don't show the Micra on their site. If the bushes are the same as fitted to Sunny/Pulsar/Sentra/Almera N14 B13 (10/1991 - 9/1995) then bar diameter can be specified, cost is £31.90 +shipping.
Powerflex don't list the Micra.
Superpro don't list the Micra.
Flo-flex don't list the Micra.
Ebay ones appear to cost £22 for the set, but would need the aforementioned opening up.

I'm not too concerned with the firmness of the bushes, just want to get my bars mounted inexpensively. If you think about it even stock ones will be stiffer with a bigger bar in them, because there's less material to flex.

Has anyone any experience/tried to do this? How did you do it? Did you succeed or was the material just too soft to cut?

a milling head bit on a dremel to shave away the bush till it fits?
or tape some coarse sand paper on the ARB and slide the bush along it till it fits closely?

Just checked. My rear bar isn't 20mm its 22mm! Whiteline or modified would increasingly seem to be the only options.

Does anyone know if the Micra bushes are the same as fit the Sunny/Pulsar/Sentra/Almera N14 B13 (10/1991 - 9/1995)?

the bush does have a split in it. think you could probably get away with it just by filing the leading top edge of the split. do you think the standard bracket is wide enough to fit 22mm?

Strongflex have confirmed that they can supply their bushes with a specification of my own choosing. I presume that series for them means 'standard'.

"Hello, We can do 22mm for You that's not a problem, but you have probably anti roll bar not from series car. Regards"

Back