what did you do to your micra today ?

I started stripping my cga3 ready to fit, manifold had a lol water in so remove it, removed spark plugs and turned over by hand and all seems well, all feels free :)

I managed only a day ago to fit the front windscreen wipers myself in the dark!!! First time. I was rather pleased.
I also received from Ebay the front left passenger side mirror (smashed by goons), and the back windscreen wiper arm that got ripped off by baboons at a safari park. Managed to fit them all without a hitch too.

All in all, it was a rather productive day, and I also washed it

Made a start on my new wheels :D

FB_IMG_1343842967861259.jpg

Still not sure what colour to do them, will be fit to a black Super S, tried black as you can see in the pic but really not liking it, will be too dark, suggestions?

Also tidied up a spare rocker cover I have

20120802_000302.jpg

:cool:

Sent from... My phone

Excellent wheel choice matey, love them, been looking at a few sets i have seen for sale recently, if only they were wider lol

I still laugh to this day when I got an MOT fail for excessively corroded rear brake lines that turned out to be a build up of mud on the pipe. I look it back, demanded a re-test and walked away with a pass shortly afterwards :rolleyes:

I've had nasty sill jobs done for not a lot on previous dailys, but the work has been quite a hack job.....just a plate slap welded on on and a gob of underseal sprayed over.

I haven't been under it yet to look at the brake line, I thought it was the one just there at the drum, but it's further forward.. I knew the front brakes would get a mark just because they are to rusty, but I was going to do a brake job soon anyway.
Need to replace the left ball joint, which must have suddenly decided to go, since I checked it only a few months ago after replacing the right one.
The only thing that I can't fix myself(and have it look decent) is welding in new sills. I have seen a car at work that has the same quick fix, but it's not much of a looker anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
The cost of parts for the sills wasn't so bad(by Norwegian standards), in fact.. it was only about 20% of the estimate. 3600NOK for parts(can get them cheaper), and 12000NOK for labour.
...new welder and learn to do it myself.. 800NOK..
any suggestions.. someone want to tell me to please back away from the welder? :D

lucky enough this is only my daily beater and the tiny dent it left in the door just blended in with the rest of the dents lol

Sent from... My phone

WDIDT ?
got the axle off at last (damn busy at the track lately !) 1 of the bush bolts put up a fight, but it gave in in the end lol :)
and one of our marshals got me some more corsa pistons, so the shortened chain/high comp n/a project is back on track

P8080067.JPG
P8080070.JPG

WDIDT ?
got the axle off at last (damn busy at the track lately !) 1 of the bush bolts put up a fight, but it gave in in the end lol :)
and one of our marshals got me some more corsa pistons, so the shortened chain/high comp n/a project is back on track

A4-80 fasteners FTW :p

Not sure frank I didn't get the 1.4 flywheel some one got there before me :/ and goin to make sure it runs on the 1.4 ecu first, any differences in running using the 1.0l ecu?

What size rims are you lot using? And offset. I've got some 14" rims in my shed with +38 offset reckon they would fit a k11

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Began stripping the interior today to save some time and money on the welding repairs and to search for any other rotten areas. Looking for some bits to replace some rusted ones if anyone has what I need... so far I need 2 of the luggage tie-downs for the back, the left back seat bracket, and the plastic bit that goes on the front seat tilt lever.

Cga3 in and running :) exhaust blowing a little and still need a maf meter but should be all good soon, and frank the 1.4 ecu alone didn't work but the ecu, key and ring from the 1.4 works great :) so chips swapped and mow in my key :)

just sick of this dam exhaust blowing :/ wouldn't mind a 4-2-1 manifold or something similar, I had help removing and putting the engine back in just so I didn't brake anything

Belly93 said:
just sick of this dam exhaust blowing :/ wouldn't mind a 4-2-1 manifold or something similar, I had help removing and putting the engine back in just so I didn't brake anything

Where's it blowing from?

the only things that arent new are the manicat and back box :/ and i dont have the money for a new cat :/ but on th plus side i can get a sportex for £20 :)

Back