what did you do to your micra today ?

removed the remains of the dirty great 100mm tailpipe today :glare: and welded a s/s 46mm pipe there instead (for donnington, brapp brapp :grinning:)
and fitted a daily driver 36mm reducer into it, brum brum :grinning:

Attachments

• SDC12257.JPG
    SDC12257.JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 392
  • SDC12259.JPG
    SDC12259.JPG
    270.6 KB · Views: 349
Dropped it off at nissan for it's yearly duties picked up this strange thing that carries a micra badge for the day i've only driven to work bout 7 miles an i already want mine back !!!!

Cleaned and polished thoroughly outside, new oil breather filter, hoovered inside, and polished the interior panels for the first time since I bought the car nearly 2 years ago - shiny!. Also watched it tick over to 100,000 miles on my way back from Motor Serv :grinning:

Congrat's Dan, mine made the hundred a few weeks ago. Would be a good idea for a new thread :).

Yup (Y). I know there's mine and one other K12 have done it, probably loads of K11s as well.

welded over some mysterious holes! bashed about the bad repair on the sill and trying to flush it a bit at least!

and applied filler to what felt like almost every panel and as i applied the last bit it started raining!

typical owell luckily i checked the filler its rock solid and rain hasnt affected it!

welded over some mysterious holes! bashed about the bad repair on the sill and trying to flush it a bit at least!

and applied filler to what felt like almost every panel and as i applied the last bit it started raining!

typical owell luckily i checked the filler its rock solid and rain hasnt affected it!

Have fun sanding :p

See I don't think I've done too badly with my K11, I will have had it for 2 years in December, and it was on 52,000 when I bought it. So I've done nearly 50,000 miles in 18 months. Can anyone top that? :laugh:

See I don't think I've done too badly with my K11, I will have had it for 2 years in December, and it was on 52,000 when I bought it. So I've done nearly 50,000 miles in 18 months. Can anyone top that? :laugh:

Wont beat you to that though:grinning:

Well nothing is cemented in place yet, I need to make sure I can get the time off work, money for food, fuel and accomodation. But if it does go ahead, I'll definitely put a thread up (Y)

Went to scrappies and got bits to fix passenger side wiper and a facelift speaker shelf so can sell my pre-facelift one now and re fit my brake light.

Also fixed the wiper and fitted new flat wiper blades

Found out something strange, I was in the car, idling, I turned the steering wheel (power steering) without moving,and I noticed that it was rising the rev (700 to 1000) Never seen that before, is it normal????? :eek:

Found out something strange, I was in the car, idling, I turned the steering wheel (power steering) without moving,and I noticed that it was rising the rev (700 to 1000) Never seen that before, is it normal????? :eek:
Its the same for playing loud music, brake lights, indicators, head lights, heating, electric windows...
it's just the car compensating for a little lost power.
in theory you could make your cars life easier by never using any of the above... fwn

Fitted my other tailgate spoiler (not exactly sure of the brand, think it said something like Heckspoiler on it). Looks much better in black plastic than the colour coded one that was on there before (Y). Raised my bonnet a bit more, cleaned and tidied up my engine bay, and hammered out a dent on the offside rear quarter panel (Y)

I think I'm going to start adding photos now anyway :laugh:

Here's a pic of the raised bonnet, can get one with the new spoiler on if anyone's interested (Y)

Attachments

• 2011-06-21 20.29.23.jpg
    2011-06-21 20.29.23.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 519
Yes! :D Don't be shy lol
love that colour! (Y)

I hated the colour when I first got the car, just so happened it was there for the right price and it was only down the road from me. But it's grown on me, and I haven't seen too many in this colour since I bought the car (Y)

A couple more pics - new tailgate spoiler and stickers, and a side view of the raised bonnet for John.

It looks better in the flesh, pictures don't really do it justice :laugh:

Attachments

• New tailgate spoiler and stickers.jpg
    New tailgate spoiler and stickers.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 359
  • Raised bonnet side view.jpg
    Raised bonnet side view.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 316
I want your wheels dan :) seen some mini ones close to that :)

Thanks :grinning:, I get a lot of positive comments on them. I really wanted a set of matt black Mini wheels (found a reconditioned set on eBay with 4 nearly new tyres for £400), but didn't like the idea of having to put on wide arches and rolling my wings, or getting a bit of camber, as I know the dish on them is quite big. But I decided to for deep dish alloys anyway, and I think the dishes on these Calibres were the biggest I could get away with. Any bigger, and they would have stuck out too far :down:. I'm planning on going lower though, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do when that happens :laugh:

Well if go lower and theyr no good ask me :p I get a loan soon so if comes up ib time when get the money I'll have them if not mini ones :)

Well if go lower and theyr no good ask me :p I get a loan soon so if comes up ib time when get the money I'll have them if not mini ones :)

I'm going to try keep my alloys, especially when I get my 210/45 or 215/45 tyres fitted next month (hopefully), but I'll just have to roll and flare my arches loads (I'm going 30mm lower, and the outside rim sticks out quite far - even with 215s, I'll still end up with a bit of tyre stretch). If that doesn't work, I've seen some other nice looking black Calibre alloys with less dish on them, so I'll sell these and go for them. I'm not going for negative camber though, #### that. Can't afford to keep buying tyres :laugh:

First dibs? Just bought a strut brace 3 days of bidding and I won woo:) bad side misses is going to kill me :(

Of course mate (Y), I'll let you know as soon as they come up for sale, if they do :grinning:

And just tell the missus that you need the strut brace or the car will fall apart. My missus knows better than to complain when I buy car parts, because I don't listen to her when she does say anything :p. I put up with her buying shoes, that's pretty much the same thing :laugh:

well i kicked a dent into the roof from the inside it annoyed me that much to day whilest refitting the passanger seat also i need to shift some cables around there cathcing some where and the petrol filler wont open so i have to manual open the boot and put my hand in behind the carpet and pull the release my self. i hate my car help!

well i kicked a dent into the roof from the inside it annoyed me that much to day whilest refitting the passanger seat also i need to shift some cables around there cathcing some where and the petrol filler wont open so i have to manual open the boot and put my hand in behind the carpet and pull the release my self. i hate my car help!

flip the petrol lid from the outside with some thing that wont damage the paint when you lever the lid out,piece of plastic
untill you sort it

you mean it revs higher than normal when you turning the wheel
may be a early sign of something giving up

Back