what did you do to your micra today ?

sat at the side of the road in it for an hr waiting for it to cool down as the engine over heated -.-because it just decided the small water leak from the water pump wanted to be a big one and just drain all water yey me haha
dude these engines are pretty strong i did this after engine transplant, blew a water pipe off and over heated well off the gauge, i got towed home and then compression tested it, all was good so filled it up and been going since :)

ttell me about it :/was lucky i keep a 2l bottle of water in car incase thiis happends haha!hows your car doing sirchris? ive seen your engines out, much progress?
Hey leon, Glen is sending me some piston today, will try and get her fixed for the weekend and back in the car. Going to see a man about an engine saturday. looking to start pushing to 200 bhp

I was finally well enough today to do some work... finished the brakes, stripped the interior except the driver's seat, dash, and seatbelts. Went for a drive with the micra for the first time in a month.
I want to shake the hand of the guy who worked out the micra gearbox.. I've been driving a volvo 460 the past month and the micra shifts like an f1 car compared to that horrid thing. :)

Passed the MOT :D just numberplate bulbs and a sidelight and an advisory for a broken doorhandle, the rust wasnt even mentioned! Apparently its in a non-structural area so its fine :).
I do wonder why these micras are in an expensive tax band though, its emissions based and mine barely registers on any of the tests, might as well be riding a bike for all the pollution i make...

Passed the MOT :D just numberplate bulbs and a sidelight and an advisory for a broken doorhandle, the rust wasnt even mentioned! Apparently its in a non-structural area so its fine :).
I do wonder why these micras are in an expensive tax band though, its emissions based and mine barely registers on any of the tests, might as well be riding a bike for all the pollution i make...
YAYYY

picup stickup,,,,i like this car :) its alright
20120925_133007.jpg

Thought I recognised the street and even the car for a second. There's a K11 round here the same colour as yours with mismatched grill and bumper :D

WDID ? lightened the f/w for the shortened chain engine :) should be fitting the engine really, but this current one is running sweet now that the little end has free-ed off (and am lacking incentive lol)

P9260118.JPG
P9260119.JPG

Neat work as always Frank! :) hows the new back end working out?
ta mate :) gotta balance it in a bit, and the trailing arms are done now (a lot of manhours those took !)
also WDID ? shaft oilseal, twas surprisingly easy, just the 2 hub bolts and full lock and the shaft clears np :)

P9260122.JPG

Just checked my oil and noticed its a little above the maximum!

Will be draining some tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

oil and filter change :) plugs swap, airfilter.
20120926_163415.jpg

20120926_165452.jpg

20120926_165622.jpg

20120926_165655.jpg

dirt somehow getting into throttle body so quick fix with wats at hand
20120926_171527.jpg

20120926_171719.jpg

burned and bent in slightly
20120926_171725.jpg

Getting ready to drain some oil. Car's parked on a flat surface, going to wait an hour for all oil to be in the sump and so it can cool slightly.

Got my bottle to catch it in and also my "bum rag" to catch any spill (Bum as in tramp(A dirty old pair of curtains I use for catching oil and muck))

WDID? Nothing to the car yet, but it did take me to town where i got a job at the nearby Business School :D decent hours and pay so i can afford the insurance now!

Also... LOL Bum rag :p

nothing important if franks cut it out or got rid of it lol. sumat from under dash aint it frank? not to sure, not got a micra no more o_O

Bought it, drove it, cleaned it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348772825.081123.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348772811.262872.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348772811.262872.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 210
So here's dipstick after removing oil, seems about right?
maijqt.jpg

The oil I took out in an appropriate container of course!
2cn74fk.jpg

And the oil tipped back into my trusty Halfords oil ready to be used once more.
2iraz4h.jpg

And of course, my trusty bum rag

Fitted me an internally adjusted wingmirror... slightly scrappy work on the hole but i'll get a proper inner panel for it later.
IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

Also ordered a new doorhandle thanks to this...
IMAG0153.jpg

And while i was at it i removed the ex-manifold heatshield with the intention of spraying it red, it was a total pig to get off though as the three bolts were rusted to heck, 2 of one size and one different, and all imperial so my normal tools didnt fit... got it off eventually though i doubt i'll bother with the paint
IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

slightly holey...
IMAG0147.jpg

also is it meant to be double layered like this?
IMAG0148.jpg

one nice thing is a good, solid looking manifold underneath :)
IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

Also after this i started on a new induction pipe but didnt take photos...
Still gave me something to do after work :)

Anyone know whos used corsa shocks if you can reuse the micra lower bolt or if its a different size as i read somewhere??
got some to play with this weekend :)

Also just spotted on that photo i really need to clean my passenger door... and deal with apparently a billion scratches on the driverside too!

Back