what did you do to your micra today ?

Tootled it over to reading so that my sister could do her theory, she passed :) also ate a ton of macdonalds and swear the car was lopsided on the way back :p

Pic of new LEDs, not the brightest but far better than blue. Also new LEDs behind indicators to match my car
2qk8o7o.jpg

wdidt: decided no more passengers in the back due to this
temporary_zpsc3edb2f5.jpg

so rear seats to be removed again at some point and try to clean the carpet :( some people just dont care

Realised one of my sidelights has gone with the MOT at 9am TOMORROW. Pants. Up early to test and replace that before i send the car off to fail then. Hopefully the list won't be too long or else no more car until many pounds are mine to fix it with.

Dropped the car off at the MOT, didnt have a spare bulb so the sidelight still doesn't work, and the drivers window jammed on the way there. Embarrassing much... I'll hear later how many millions its gonna cost to get a pass.

Dropped the car off at the MOT, didnt have a spare bulb so the sidelight still doesn't work, and the drivers window jammed on the way there. Embarrassing much... I'll hear later how many millions its gonna cost to get a pass.
Hopefully just the bulb :)

Got my MOT end of October, so slowly repairing a few bits and returning what I can back to stock.

Hopefully just the bulb :)

Got my MOT end of October, so slowly repairing a few bits and returning what I can back to stock.

Yeah, i put the intake back to stock already, not sure what theyre gonna think of the offset panhard bush if they take a look though and i know theres rust that'll need welding. Hopefully once thats done there wont be too much... They can fail it on general condition though cant they? in which case i need to re-glue the window into the lifters and replace a snapped door handle too :s always get little things go right before a test, just my luck.

Youve got a lot to go back to stock havent you?

Yeah, i put the intake back to stock already, not sure what theyre gonna think of the offset panhard bush if they take a look though and i know theres rust that'll need welding. Hopefully once thats done there wont be too much... They can fail it on general condition though cant they? in which case i need to re-glue the window into the lifters and replace a snapped door handle too :s always get little things go right before a test, just my luck.

Youve got a lot to go back to stock havent you?

A lot I've found depends on the MOT-er themselves, some will let some stuff slide, some will bend you over for it.

Yeah i've got quite a bit to do, not a massive pain though. Standard steelies, wind coilies up to standard height, standard airbox already fitted, got standard new exhaust to fit.
Doesn't seem to be any rust, the sills are all in good condition I imagine as i've jacked the car up on them daily for 10months. Only thing they'll pull me up on is the emissions, but as always, £20 makes that go away.

A lot I've found depends on the MOT-er themselves, some will let some stuff slide, some will bend you over for it.

Yeah i've got quite a bit to do, not a massive pain though. Standard steelies, wind coilies up to standard height, standard airbox already fitted, got standard new exhaust to fit.
Doesn't seem to be any rust, the sills are all in good condition I imagine as i've jacked the car up on them daily for 10months. Only thing they'll pull me up on is the emissions, but as always, £20 makes that go away.

Jacked up daily? what would you need to do that for? its the sills on mine that need doing, jacking points are fine but the bit next to it had developed a hole since the last mot. Why standard steels anyway? would they not like your wider ones then?

Jacked up daily? what would you need to do that for? its the sills on mine that need doing, jacking points are fine but the bit next to it had developed a hole since the last mot. Why standard steels anyway? would they not like your wider ones then?
I think my wide steels would be fine but I don't want to give the MOT tester any reason to be funny.
They're just my standard Micra steelies that are lying around in my garage

I think my wide steels would be fine but I don't want to give the MOT tester any reason to be funny.
They're just my standard Micra steelies that are lying around in my garage

Fair point i guess, its just little things like that on mine, like the exhaust heatshield had jubilee clips on to stop it rattling, figured my alloys will be fine though.
Where did you get coilies from btw? All the ones ive seen on ebay have been really expensive but i would like to fit some

Fair point i guess, its just little things like that on mine, like the exhaust heatshield had jubilee clips on to stop it rattling, figured my alloys will be fine though.
Where did you get coilies from btw? All the ones ive seen on ebay have been really expensive but i would like to fit some
I got Corsa C's for £50 from a friend for the front. And I got Polo 6n for the rear for free off another friend.

I have good friends :D

Felt sorry for it as I left the house :( Poor thing laying there in parts.
She'll be fixed soon!

20sart2.jpg

new wheels on and my scratched to f*** bonnet has been wrapped in purple carbon fiber effect
That looks ACE! just out of interest mate, do a picture of what it looks like without the grill and a little lower, i can see a subtle purple rat look out of this ;)

sat at the side of the road in it for an hr waiting for it to cool down as the engine over heated -.-because it just decided the small water leak from the water pump wanted to be a big one and just drain all water yey me haha

sat at the side of the road in it for an hr waiting for it to cool down as the engine over heated -.-because it just decided the small water leak from the water pump wanted to be a big one and just drain all water yey me haha
not cool dude :(

ttell me about it :/was lucky i keep a 2l bottle of water in car incase thiis happends haha!hows your car doing sirchris? ive seen your engines out, much progress?

Back