what did you do to your micra today ?

let me fill some 1 year+old event in with pics :), yeh hold up you guys mess up on the panard bush and dont do it right:)
you aint just mad enough to pull it off ,,,,in one piece,,i know someone who is though.:) and this is what you get.
20120905_215214.jpg

20120905_215743.jpg

20120905_215704.jpg

you know when the GRIME BOSS from brum gives the horders the the parts on the car he say yes :)
How how how? :eek:

last night was still trying to map this thing to make it more fuel friendly / fun. Atleast its in the correct range now, hopefully cruise will be sorted 100% tonight (it is very close now).

Has anyone else noticed this (whose fitted one) ?

Micra maf seems to sit at 2v and up
Pulsar maf seems to sit at 1v and up (never getting anywhere near 5v)

Im assuming as its on a smaller engine thats normal (less air flow when driving normally), it also kinda explains the lean areas i had when on boost (as it was hitting non boost map areas).

Still cant decide if to keep the ca18 tb or revert to the micra tb...choices choices.

Gave the car another clean ready for JAE tomorrow morning!

Gave it the standard quick rinse, then washed it with a sponge using Autoglym car shampoo. Rinsed it off again and dried it with a leather. Cleaned the windows using Autoglym window cleaner.

But the interesting part was I thought I'd try this stuff:

CDS101_300.jpg

Was £6 for a massive bottle in halfords and I've gotta say, it worked brilliantly. Just spray it on and wipe it with a cloth. Only took about 10 minutes to do the whole car with it and it looks almost as good as a proper polish.

I think I'll be using this every weekend, with a proper deep polish using Autoglym deep shine every few weeks.

I'm getting way to excited about cleaning and detailing lately. I'll be honest with you all for a moment: I used to get the car cleaned at hand car washes every weekend. Never ever cleaned it myself! But I'm absolutely hooked on detailing, it's unbelievably satisfying and a good time killer at the weekend.

Car washed and wheel alignment properly checked (apparently my string measuring was accurate)...which has saved me some cash. Just gotta do the final checks and im good to go for tomorrow :D

Car washed and wheel alignment properly checked (apparently my string measuring was accurate)...which has saved me some cash. Just gotta do the final checks and im good to go for tomorrow :D
would you be up for a north east meet at some point? it seems to be hard to find anyone in the north east :/ lol

Had to fit new number plate bulbs, realised they were not working last night. God knows how many days/weeks they've been out! Lucky not to get pulled.

Though I had the "yellow" colour traditional bulbs give, looking on eBay there are LED kits for number plate bulbs, might look into those eventually.

Washed her...shiny, shiny LOL :p
wiped down all the sills, inside the arches and around the inside of the doors....even scrubbed off the green crap from between the boot hatch and the roof...euuuugh!!! ^_^
got a few of those cotton buds ( like you use for your ears) and did inbetween the windows and the rubber seals...and around the chrome badging...and grill....and fogs XD
I'm obsessed!

WDID?

Cleaned it out for the MOT.

Emptied the boot and removed the spare and all my tools, hoovered everything and only put back in what i need, then replaced the stock intake pipe to the airbox and scrapped my bodged one to be redone after the test. Also got industrious and scrubbed the camcover clean with wire wool and cleaned the ex-manifold heatshield too. Oh and took off the strut brace and started rubbing it down to be sprayed red to match the car (and get it out of the way for service access) and resprayed some bits inside the bonnet where another old bodge had removed paint.

After all this? Cleaned my mums car too and found hula hoops, haribo and a harry potter toy from the people who owned it before... We bought it a YEAR ago! Do dealers never clean cars???

Bought 2x25L drums of fuel today for 45quid. Runs ok but one of the drums is a bit more "diesely" than the other. Pops and flames like a mofo though...

Will Do, should get a camera to put in the car ey! so should I change the dizzy by ten degrees? forward backwards?

Retard but its too late to be nice to it lol when you kill it make sure you cover the port thats open on the oil catch as there will be oil spray all over the engine

Retard but its too late to be nice to it lol when you kill it make sure you cover the port thats open on the oil catch as there will be oil spray all over the engine
Well I want to have some fun, so more than 5 mins would be good. Will wait till next week as I forgot the silver one just ran out of tax and mot. Whats weird is that the car wasn't firing on three cylinders until the plugs were taken out, It was running on four up until saturday. The long drive must of killed her. Must get a video camera I think to have in the car for this.

Yeah , no doubt. Would I even be able spool the turbo enough? Shes not happy as is!
nooo thats a sweet running engine chris ! its only det,ed cyl number 1 ringland like this, just fire another piston in and sort the timing issue.
as you can see, nissan in their wisdom cut a humdinger slit into the oil control ring slot, so there is no support for the ringlands (hopefully the unslitted corsa ones will stand more det :) )

P9100055.JPG

nooo thats a sweet running engine chris ! its only det,ed cyl number 1 ringland like this, just fire another piston in and sort the timing issue.
as you can see, nissan in their wisdom cut a humdinger slit into the oil control ring slot, so there is no support for the ringlands (hopefully the unslitted corsa ones will stand more det :) )

View attachment 20831

Okay frank, well you have dropped yourself in it now! When I am ripping things apart you better be on quick fire Q&A mode then! Should i try and get an engineers manual for the motor rather than using the haynes? This was caused by a timing issue? Also whats the accronym DET?

Okay frank, well you have dropped yourself in it now! When I am ripping things apart you better be on quick fire Q&A mode then! Should i try and get an engineers manual for the motor rather than using the haynes? This was caused by a timing issue?
At your service dude :) and haynes i guess, and the stock spark map is not suited for boosting, so you need to run plenty of retard and make do with some lowdown lag, or else some form of management/mapping

At your service dude :) and haynes i guess, and the stock spark map is not suited for boosting, so you need to run plenty of retard and make do with some lowdown lag, or else some form of management/mapping
Right, so what do I need to rip out a corsa engine. corsa B yeah?

WDID: insured the yaris, took it for an mot which it failed and now just waiting on brake pads to arrive so I can get on and fix it for the retest in a couple of hours :)

Should have 'Traitor' written on his forehead in lipstick until he's back in the Micra :D.

got a few of those cotton buds ( like you use for your ears) and did inbetween the windows and the rubber seals...and around the chrome badging...and grill....and fogs XD
I'm obsessed!

You're giving James May a run for his money :D

Today I'll be emptying the boot at some point, couldnt be bothered last night.

Oh and a very obvious helpful hint (which i ignored) :D ...dont drive around corners turning quickly with an open bag of popcorn on the passenger seat, midway through the corner then the sound of a wave of popcorn....had to stop and clean all that up on my way home yesterday.

Back