what did you do to your micra today ?

Today I removed and cleaned the centre console surround, cup holders, auto gear shift surround and even behind the dash! Then I polished Steffi's body! :p

Last edited:
Some pics of todays activities lol! B-)
1460838851751.jpg
1460838882164.jpg
1460838931241.jpg
1460838960926.jpg

I bought this walnut/leather steering wheel, walnut dash center surrounds and cup holders for Steffi Cab today from a Jap auction site with the help of fellow forum member NeX thanks for your help mate much appreciated! B-)
1460843987799.jpg

Last edited:
Depends on the type of event, stage rally no (unless a lot of them), autosolo or autotest, Targa rally less - usually 5 to 10 secs per cone hit.

Did some more paint correction on the march, will get some photos when complete.
My goal is to see if the paint is saveable before resorting to a full respray.

Also went to the scrappys to get a new windscreen washer bottle as mine cracked, £5 later.. I've got one! Bosh, cant argue with that.
Ordered some stickers for Japfest, cars starting to look amazing now.

Will be interested in your alignment numbers Dave :)

So will I. It's all very sub-optimal at the moment. First I need to start with a square car and go from there.

Both castor and camber are unequal. I forget castor but camber is about -1deg on one side and -1.5deg on the other. Bump steer is also sub-optimal and needs work.

None of those point will be promoting front end stability under heavy acceleration. While it will always be subject to FWD limitations I'm confident it can be improved substantially over where we are now.

Working away this week next to Cardiff.
Driven the 1.3 Si from London and managed to do almost 300miles out of full tank. Only did 75-90 on my way..so the question is... doesn't it eat too much fuel???

Down my way then :) There are some decent roads up in the South Wales valleys so it's deffo worth going for a bit of an explore :)

Down my way then :) There are some decent roads up in the South Wales valleys so it's deffo worth going for a bit of an explore :)
I have been exploring quite a lot in the work van. LLantrisant and Merthyr Tydvfil Lovely views !
Just need to find a garage to fit my lowering springs not too far from Bridgend or North Cornelli where I am staying at the motel.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Removed the engine support bracket, and uprated the rear engine mount, to try and reduce engine movement.

Also removed the damper bar within this, saving a nice bit of weight and bent it a little to try and move it away from where it rubs against the downpipes.

Still plenty to do before our next event on 1st May, and not around much this weekend either....

So will I. It's all very sub-optimal at the moment. First I need to start with a square car and go from there.

Both castor and camber are unequal. I forget castor but camber is about -1deg on one side and -1.5deg on the other. Bump steer is also sub-optimal and needs work.

None of those point will be promoting front end stability under heavy acceleration. While it will always be subject to FWD limitations I'm confident it can be improved substantially over where we are now.
As you say starting off with a baseline is always a good start. Makes a big difference in itself.

It's always hard to pick a specific set of numbers to go to. We have guidelines on what a change will do but there's always driver preference also. I'm attempting to develop a design to correct geometry on a lower than usual car something the typical 'slam it' probably haven't considered although I have the freedom of a space frame in the near future

I've seen and experienced a well thought out set up and despite it being FWD it could hold its own with none of the usual downsides raising their heads, of course an element of driver finesse is required to match. Chances are if you use the term "handles like a go-kart" its not for you

It's confirmed by Nissan UK my Rouge 5 is one of the last ever K11 1.4SE+ to be built in the uk, I ordered some parts from a Nissan dealership and gave them the VIN number and they confirmed she was built in the last week in November 2002. She was ordered by our local Nissan dealership and registered in Feb 2003 same time they were selling the K12's lol! B-)
Here's a pic of one of the last of the UK built K11's.
1461103270313.jpg

So..going to buy a pair of spring compressors..the lowering job will be a diy as the quotes i got from different mechanics average at 150£ ..too much!
Anyone knows what size are the bolts that i need to undo to take the shocks out? Thinking to buy a full socket set too.
And all to be done this Saturday. I'll open a blog to put all these updates so won't fill up this section all the time.

So..going to buy a pair of spring compressors..the lowering job will be a diy as the quotes i got from different mechanics average at 150£ ..too much!
Anyone knows what size are the bolts that i need to undo to take the shocks out? Thinking to buy a full socket set too.
And all to be done this Saturday. I'll open a blog to put all these updates so won't fill up this section all the time.

Stock Micra fronts have 2 12mm mounting to chassis iirc and the bottom bolts are 15 or 17mm. Then the top mount nut I don't remember

I don't fear about the copy they will fear how hard it is, u need to make custom subframe on the rear no Micra has one I made mines, u need custom cross member or engine will never go in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That and the Saab conversion isn't new. I've seen one other in the Netherlands. That looked as understeer prone too.
Whilst I appreciate and congratulate your efforts
Every engine conversion like this is the same
Custom mounts
Custom shafts
Custom loom
Done
It's still a transverse in line 4cyl fwd..
Try a boxer or V. That's a challenge

I have no idea why it took me 100+ pages backwards on this thread but it did :/ and this is what I came to

that's better losing those teeth grillz :D
stealth mode ftw

It took a lot of faffing but I was determined to retain as much of the OEM bumper cutouts as possible. I've always liked the OEM look of the K11 so I don't stray from it much.

Next up is to give the steering a dose of staring at. One of the rod ends sounds like it's got a knock, I don't know if James upgraded the rack bushes and the rod arms need re-positioning anyway as they're not optimal for the set ride height.

It took a lot of faffing but I was determined to retain as much of the OEM bumper cutouts as possible. I've always liked the OEM look of the K11 so I don't stray from it much.

Next up is to give the steering a dose of staring at. One of the rod ends sounds like it's got a knock, I don't know if James upgraded the rack bushes and the rod arms need re-positioning anyway as they're not optimal for the set ride height.
I've done plenty of research into rack angle vs bump steer on these cars Dave, if I'm any help.

Also devising a bump steer kit with relative ease also

It's confirmed by Nissan UK my Rouge 5 is one of the last ever K11 1.4SE+ to be built in the uk, I ordered some parts from a Nissan dealership and gave them the VIN number and they confirmed she was built in the last week in November 2002. She was ordered by our local Nissan dealership and registered in Feb 2003 same time they were selling the K12's lol! B-)
Here's a pic of one of the last of the UK built K11's.
View attachment 48189

Mine's an 03 plate too, first reg March 03, what's your build number (last 6 numbers of VIN i think)

Managed to lower my front. 6 hours hassle because i didn't have tools. And it was too late to start on the back. But drove 30 miles and feels alright. How hard do the the back now..10h???

Backs are easy, just jack up (not by the axle), remove wheels, remove the top nuts and let the axle droop. Bit of brute force and the springs pull out

Done lots to the rally car (including the front subframe which was a complete ar$e!!) , but also found these cracks in the front....

CguQw6tWsAAgadF.jpg:large

In the corner behind the strut top is lurking this...
CguQw9NWMAAPCTp.jpg:large

On the other side
CguQxBIWkAAAV1E.jpg:large

In the hidden corner this time it is worse...
CguQxE4XEAEVIyO.jpg:large

Guess it is the forces front the front shocks flexing the shell. Time to get the welder out.....

Back