what did you do to your micra today ?

Ordered off eBay a mint condition special edition batman film Nissan K11 Micra Hollywood sales brochure and also mint condition 1998/1999 JDM Nissan March accessories brochure OMG those lucky Japs it contains rear boot top and mid spoilers, special edition bumpers, lights front and rear, upgraded interior trims, a chrome front bonnet grill I have never seen before lol! B-)

Here's some pics of the March Accessory Brochure! :D
March JDM 2.jpg
March JDM 1.jpg

March JDM 3.jpg

Been the scrap yard today, love climbing around there :D

Got a fuel flap and mech to replace the lock, didn't take the cables no need for that weight. Hopefully the mech will be lighter than the lock.

Also got a Saxo electric PAS pump and wiring loom, for my planned conversion at some point.

About 3/4 K11's in there, and a Primera with what to me looks like a SR20. (Bicester)

Looks like one of those very rare 1999 Scunthorpe Motor Show Special Edition Black UK spec built FFL Micra Cabriolet's lol! :p
1459786366307.jpg

Last edited:
Sunny and raining then sunny and raining again..well..had to swap some wheels over
Now glad to have a full set!
Had a look under..and looks like the front panel needs changing and a plastic clip from one headlight is broken..so will need a new one.

Attachments

• 1459788372552.jpg
    1459788372552.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 228
I paid £185 fully comprehensive with claim protection but comparing it to davyboy's I was bloody robbed! :'( Have to get classic insurance coverage even cheaper here in the southern sub-tropical tax haven island lol! :p

Sorry guys I love this UK domestic spec FFL K11 Micra Cabriolet so much I am going to post it's pic again I admire such build quality from those Sunderland technicians! :p
1459802975759.jpg

Anyone ever used a product called ACF 50 ? used in the maintenance of aircraft.
Got rave reviews on Amazon for rust prevention, and keeping aluminium in prime condition.

Any"legal" issues with them? Like coppers to stop u or..mot fail?
Had a look on ali and tempted to get them :D
The rare read made projector headlights pointed the wrong way.

I guess it depends on your tester but you might have a hard time with an MOT DIY lights.

Took the wrap around spoiler off to fix this bit of rust.
Had no idea there is a plastic clip on the side so I broke it :(
Plus it was so hard to get off and cracked a bit in one side..but will repair it before it gets painted.

One question..took the rubber off..is it safe to drive without it? Or will the glass come off?
Front panel will have to wait.

Attachments

• 1459874043915.jpg
    1459874043915.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Took the wrap around spoiler off to fix this bit of rust.
Had no idea there is a plastic clip on the side so I broke it :(
Plus it was so hard to get off and cracked a bit in one side..but will repair it before it gets painted.

One question..took the rubber off..is it safe to drive without it? Or will the glass come off?
Front panel will have to wait.
When you have loosened the wrap around you need to push up on the wing bits to free it from the clips.

Any"legal" issues with them? Like coppers to stop u or..mot fail?
Had a look on ali and tempted to get them :D
Legally the wont pass itv (spanish mot) without paying an engineer etc lots of hassle. But with the police ive had no problems, seeing as they dont blind ither driver and have the straight line cutoff (bixenon) theyre just like stock lights. If u get them get ac ballasts, the dc ones are not worth it

Cars are all DC voltage. AC is great for up scaling. It matters not what voltage is generated. 10000v is nothing without the current to push it around. There's around 30000volts in static electricity. It's the current that is the issue. It's much easier to change ac voltage to what you require then regulate it to DC or smooth it to stop flicker.

Sadly my planned alloy alternator mount didn't work out. I probably could have made one work, but it would have been a LOT of work and not worth it for saving about 1kg. So it was out with the drill on the old heavy cast iron mount... Saved a whole 66 grams, but still it all adds up.

CfY2-5rWQAECwFc.jpg:large

I bought two edge speakers from half.frauds and don't know how to fit them.
I know they are not a straight fit and involves cutting but..how did you guys put 6x9 and kept the original Nissan grills?

Attachments

• 1460058095286.jpg
    1460058095286.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 203
Back